"Revive Me With Just One Touch..."

"Hasn't anyone ever told you this is just my luck?.."

Tables turn.And they don't ever turn in my favor,because maybe that's just my luck.
Jasper was holding back.I should have known,should have seen it coming.
He had fought the knife away from me and then put a pistol to my head.
The look on my face brought out not only his laughter but also my mothers.
Before I could cough out another word,the cool metal whipped across my face.
I blacked out.

Ragged breathing stirred me awake,and I remembered I wasn't left here alone.

"Tony?".

"Ve...lair?",his voice was strangled.

It broke my heart.I followed the sound of his voice,he was sitting across from me in the shadows.
Then again that's all there was in the room.Besides a door somewhere and lost time.

Of course my mother wasn't so stupid that she would leave me in a room to run free.I'm sure Jasper had been the one to bound me,when I pulled at the rope and it scorched my wrist that belief was confirmed.

"Fuck.."

"Ve..lair?I..I'm..so-sorry",I could hear the  suffering in his tone.

This was all my fault,I let my head hang."Tony.Why?..Why couldn't you just go?".

I heard shuffling,"I couldn't..leave you to..die!".

He was at my feet,his hand reaching up to grab my chin and force me to look at him.

I refused,"Didn't want you to see me die".

"You aren't..going to..die".

There was nothing that was going to make me look at him and lose myself in those deep brown eyes.
Iinstead looked beyond him,there was a faint scrape of a blood trail.My eyes wandered towards his legs,they rested behind him also caked in dried blood.The sight sickened me.

Never thought I'd meet someone who cares for you as much as I do,doll.

It made him stupid.

Some would rather be stupidly in love than smart and lonely.


How could someone like Tony ever be 'stupidly in love' with a girl like me.Former hydrophobic,former loner,former...idiot.
He deserved so much better.
Why couldn't he see that?

There's a knife up your sleeve,it'll fall into your hand if you shake your shoulder a bit.It has a cover so don't worry about it cutting you.

What worries me is how you got knives strapped to me without me knowing!

Magicians never reveal their secrets.


I'm sure he saw me roll my eyes from wherever he was.With that I shook in my seat,Tony pulled his hand back and watched me intently.He probably thought I was having another moment.
Dad was right,the knife had a leather sheet wrapped around the blade.I felt it while I was pulling it off and slowly raised it up towards my wrists.

"Velair?".

I shot Tony a small smile as I slid the knife vertically against the rope.James Bond had nothing on me.

"Tony!",I whisper/yelled when the rope snapped.
I just about threw myself at him if it wasn't for the blood catching me off guard.

He groaned and wrapped his hands tightly around his leg.Covering up the bullet hole,I moved his hand so I could get a better look.
Living with some southern boys made something out of me.

The wound wasn't deep enough to cause him any permanent damage.The bullet had stopped right before breaking through his bone,I could easily pull it out with the knife.The problem would be getting Tony to agree to let me do that.

"Umm..Tony?".

His eyes bore into mine,"W-What?".

"I..I could..I could take the bullet out".

His head cocked to the side,"How?".

How could I say this without freaking him out?

"Well..I could gently take..fuck it!",there were no right words,"I take this knife and position it right under the bullet tip,the wound is wide enough so I won't have to cut,and I'll just jerk it up and have it out.Kay?".

His eyes grew wider with every word that left my lips,"Are you insane?".

I arched an eyebrow,"Really want me to answer that?".

This was exactly how I expected this exchange to go,well besides the insane part.I had to distract him.

I placed the tip of the knife at the opening gash and before he could stop me I had my lips pressed against his.
It took all I had in me not to get distracted by distracting him.
Our lips moved in perfect harmony,perfect enough so when I curved the knife around the bullet Tony didn't even notice.

As soon as I had it out I pulled myself away from him.A groan emitted from him and I couldn't help but smirk.

I grabbed the hem of my shirt and tore at it,the flimsy material wrapped around his leg easily.I made a tight knot so it wouldn't fall off just as easily.

"You're horrible",he grumbled when I was done playing doctor.

I laughed lightly,"Why?".

"Well..I just figured,you know,"he was stumbling over his words,"This might be the last time.."

My hand clapped over his mouth,I didn't want him to finish that sentence."Tony, this won't be your last time".

"What about you?".

The door was thrown open before I could get a word out and for once I was greatful to hear a menacing voice.

Tony and I both knew,my time was running on empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short,but I missed you guys!
I got back from Mexico yesterday afternoon and
woooo! I'm so glad to be back on concretexD
so...do me the biggest favor!
Let me know what you think!
love,Elizabeth<3