Status: Active

Take the Long Way Home

Prologue

On the bed he writhed, his skin covered in a thin layer of sticky, sweat, his dark, night brown hair flat on his forehead. From the corner of the room Kalem watched hopelessly as his precious, adopted, son died in front of him. Helpless and desperate Kalem dragged his heavy feet over to Daron's side.
Placing two ice, cold hands on Daron's cheeks, Kalem forced the young man to open his heavy eyes.
"Daron, look at me, I can't let you die, not here and not now," Kalem took a long shaking breath and continued on in a hoarse, strained voice. "I've lived a good long life now, its your turn, welcome the new millennium for me." At that Kalem placed his dead icy lips across Daron's death cold ones and breathed his soul into the boys shivering body.
Suddenly to weak to support himself, Kalem fell heavily across the boys slowly strengthening body.
"My..son," Kalem panted out. "Never, forget. there's is always, someone...someone who will love you." As his last, strangled and dieing words left his dry mouth Kalem lay his head down and gave into the dark, evil sweetness that was non-existence.

Hours later Daron awoke, the dust of what was left of Kalem long since blown away by the bitter, winter wind. Daron, now alone, reached under his stiff, t-shirt and pulled up the, half of a heart, necklace his mother had left him when she had died.
'It's nothing much,' she had written in her last will and testament. 'It is also supposed to go to a daughter, but I was never lucky enough to bear one and I got my baby boy instead.
'Daron, one day you will find the person who holds the other part of this necklace, when you do, I wish you luck my son.
'I wish you luck.' Daron gripped the delicate necklace lightly in his now, too strong hand, and closed his sensitive, vampire eyes.
"I'm alone." He muttered forlornly under his breath. "I'm alone."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo...? What d'ya think?
:3
I'll update asap! ;3