Status: Completed! :O Sequal yet to come!

Blinded

Image

Mariabella Cappola is your simple teenager who once lived in Forks then moved to Italy and has lived there for most of her life. The only thing that is anything but simple in her life (until she moves again) is that she's blind, and has been blind since an accident when she was five years old.

An issue with her dad causes her to move back to Forks, Washington with her aunt and uncle (technically her godmother and godfather). She is thrown into an environment where nothing is familiar, no one is familiar to her, but everyone seems to know her in this small town. Things are not the greatest at this point, but Mariabell tries to keep things on the brightside.

Weird thing is: She's dreamt of this place before. And of something weird and strange, a boy that is unfamiliar to her in every way.

Then she meets Jacob. He's arrogant, rude, and brings out a happier side of her, as she does for him. But there's a problem (there always is): He won't let Mariabella in and become his friend or become close to him in anyway. Truth is he's as scared of these strange feelings as much as Mariabella is. He's afraid of this person he becomes just being near her, this stranger that he never thought existed. He almost wishes she had never entered his life, but he keeps coming back to her. She only wishes she could see the face that haunts her dreams.

As she finds things out about Forks that she always believed to be fantasy, her and Jacob face problems of their own, some that threaten not only their almost-relationship, but Mariabella's life as well.
  1. You Know, Like the Utensil
    That’s what it was: a wolf, a giant wolf staring at me.
  2. You're Going to Run into the Fireplace
    “It‘s a new place, Mariabella. You still have to get used to it,” Cara added.
  3. Everyone Knows Everyone Here
    Of course, I didn’t have a sweet dream; I had another dream about the talking wolf, and this time it turned into a man.
  4. Am I That Easy To Read?
    “Why are you out here by yourself? It‘s dangerous out here. Trust me.”
  5. Don't Forget the Shorts and Lack of Shoes
    “Don‘t scream, okay? I just really need to get you home, and fast.”
  6. But I Insisted
    “I scared you off,” he chuckled, but it was lacking humor in a way.
  7. I Just Want My Cheese
    I leaned over to Jacob and whispered, “Code for someone needs to baby-sit the blind girl.” He snickered.
  8. He Promised Me a Scary Story
    “Are you sure? You and Jacob seemed to be getting along really well,” she mused. “And he‘s cute.”
  9. Upside Down and On the Wrong Side
    “What did Jacob say to you?” Angela asked me. “Wasn‘t he supposed to be coming over?” I heard Bella stop breathing, I swear I did.
  10. It's Part of My Nature
    “You don‘t want to talk with me,” Jacob guesses. “I get it.”
  11. Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
    “I guess Bella is taking the rest of the day off,” I mused. “With Jacob, too.”
  12. She Just Means a Lot to Me
    “Because I have to go. I‘m meeting Bella and . . . Edward . . . somewhere. I told her I would be there already.”
  13. You're Not Going to Leave Me Alone
    Jacob sighed a frustrated sigh and grabbed my hand. “If you keep coming back out here,” he snapped, “you‘re going to get yourself killed. Or worse.”
  14. That Sounds Awkward and Evil
    “Yeah, I guess,” he answered. I felt his arm go around my shoulders. “I‘m with her right now.” I felt him become tense, his arm locking, and then he pulled it away quickly. “We are friends, right?”
  15. We Were Just Having a Moment
    I decided to sit back on the log. His knee was touching mine and some guilty part of me liked it too much. “Ghost,” I answered before I got carried away with the feel of his touch.
  16. And Is That Blood?
    “Do you hear a howl?” Tyler asked, and I nodded slowly. “I can‘t shake the feeling that we‘re being followed.”
  17. Because I Love Her
    She just laughed. “We have no idea, but most of the myths you hear aren‘t myths.”
  18. Blind Man, You’ve Seen Your Sun
    “Thank you, Mariabella,” she whispered. “For everything.”
  19. I'm Blinded
    Touching the door frame, back turned to him, I whispered, “I’m smiling too,” before walking out into the hallway.