Status: Completed!

The Fallen Cranes

Chapter 3

“Mom!” Looking around, Kev couldn’t find his mom. He was eager to give his father the thousand cranes he had worked on and had finally finished. “Mom?” The hospital was too far for Kev to reach, but not wanting to miss even a second, Kev couldn’t stand any longer and ran out the door. His short legs sped along the streets. Heart beating, Kev’s eyes began to water again. The time had finally come; he can finally see his father again!

Somehow, before long, in front of Kev was a large door. Gripping the box holding the thousand cranes, Kev tried to push open the door. He ran up to the desk quickly and asked, “Can I see my father? Please? Please?” The women looked down at him and took him to a room. Kev looked around the room and saw many flowers around the bed. He quickly went up to the bed in the center and said, “Father! Here’s one thousand cranes I’ve made! I had finally done it!”

“I’m sorry Kev, but your father had died 4 days ago.” A man in a large coat said. Kev looked at his father and understood at last. Here was his father. Here were the flowers. And here he was. Falling like his mom had on the day the officer had come; Kev laid his head on his father’s chest and let his tears fall on his father.

“Father, I’m sorry I didn’t make it in time. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to visit you on my birthday to say goodbye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's it. I hope you guys enjoyed it. i really hope there won't be a WWIII. Comment on this story plz!!! lol, this is short xD