Broken No More

XO

It was only the first month of tour and Scarlett was already home sick. They still had three months left and she wasn’t sure she could do it. Of course she only felt this way when she wasn’t playing. The moment she got on stage and saw all the faces she knew this was what she was meant to do. Even if she missed her family like crazy.

And then there was Frank Iero. The moment Scarlett saw him she fell in love. Something about him, other than the obvious fact that he’s gorgeous, drew her to him. The only thing she didn’t like was the sadness in his eyes. He always looked so broken when she would see him and she wanted nothing more than to fix him.

Sighing she got up from the chair in front of the vanity, grabbed her guitar, and headed for the stage with the rest of her band. Once on stage her thoughts from earlier disappeared as the music filled her. She was so wrapped up in what she was doing that she didn’t noticed the green specked hazel eyes watching her intensely.

*******

Frank watched Scarlett in awe. He has never seen someone so energetic and beautiful. Ever since he caught his ex wife Jamia with another guy he believed he could never love again but that changed when he saw her. He kept away though, admiring from afar, because he felt she could never feel the same about him. For one he was pushing thirty and she had just turned nineteen a few months ago. Secondly she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen and he had gained quite a bit of weight recently. Not that he was fat or anything but she was perfect and it made him self conscious of every flaw of his.

He let out a sad sigh and turned away. He went back to his dressing room and got ready to go on. On his way out he passed a sweaty Scarlett who mumbled a good luck to him before disappearing behind her dressing room door. Frank was so happy about the small gesture that the smile never left his face. The happiness continued on as he played better than he has all tour. He performed even better when he caught her watching him out of the corner of his eye. He was high on life.

*******

The next day Frank found Scarlett in the ally by the venue crying. He was instantly filled with rage wondering what could make such a beautiful girl cry like that. Cautiously he sat next to her wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

“You alright?” he asked scolding himself in his mind for how stupid he was, of course she’s not alright.

“No.” she barley chokes out before burying her face in his chest.

He pulls her closer to him and begins running his finger through her long black hair. All the while whispering sweet words to her to try to clam her down. After about an hour of them sitting like that she finally stopped crying.

“I’m sorry.” She says pulling away as she dries her eyes.

“For what?”

“This.” She says waving her hands over her body. “I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

“Thanks.” She tells him, her lips forming a smile which he happily returned.

“Look I know I don’t know you well and that we’ve barley talked at all but if you need to talk about anything I’ll be here, alright. “ Frank tell her pulling her back into his chest.

“That means a lot, thank you.”

“So what happened?” he asks.

When she didn’t reply he quickly added, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

There was silence again and Frank patiently waited for her to say something. After a few minutes she finally spoke, “Do you promise not to laugh?”

“I promise.”

“I feel so homesick. Don’t get me wrong I love touring but I miss my little sister like crazy. I feel lost without her and I dunno I get overly emotional when I think about her sometimes.” She explains.

“Why would I laugh at that? I used to feel the same way about my wife. Well ex wife now, she left me a few months ago for another guy.”

“Is that why you always look so sad?” she asks.

“Yeah I’m still getting over it. But it gets easier everyday, especially when there’s pretty girls like you around.” He says making her blush.

“Well I think she’s stupid for leaving you. A gorgeous guy like you should never be single.”

“You can change that.” He whispers before crashing his lips to hers in a sweet kiss.

“Oh really?” she asks flirtatiously when they pulled away for air.

“Really.” He says bringing her into another kiss.

“Well then I think I may just have to take you up on that offer.” She smiles noticing he didn't look broken anymore.

They smiled at each other like idiots for the longest time. Occasionally breaking eye contact to steal another kiss or two. They were both happier than they’ve been all tour, hell they were the happiest they’ve been in their lives. Both have found the one they knew would always be there, their true love.