Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

thirteen.

I smiled as I mentally noted how hipster Roxie and Garrett looked together. How did she not tell me about her date, I thought as I took a sip of water. I peeled off my cardigan and coral scarf leaving me in a white low-cut tank top and a pair of skinny jeans. I rummaged through the fridge grabbing an apple after nothing else looked appetizing. I took a bite of the apple which sounded louder than it usually did. I held the apple out and tilted my head until there was more knocking at the door.

"Coming!' I yelled still holding the apple in my hand wondering if Roxie forgot her keys or something. I smiled opening the door and then saw John staring at me with a big grin, I noticed him looking me up and down and raised an eyebrow. "John, how can I help you?" I asked resting against the door frame.

"Hey Alaska, I have a conundrum," John sighed heavily. I smiled waiting to expect what load of crap was going to come out of John's mouth this time. I crossed my arms and tilted my hip. I noticed John's smile came back out unable to be contained, I knew this would be a big story.

"Mhm, I'm sure," I smirked flipping my wavy hair over my shoulder. I saw the man who lived on the other side of us pass by, we exchanged casual waves and his seven-year-old, Tommy grinned at me. I had babysat him a couple of times while his dad went on dates. "Hey Mr. Groves, Hi Tommy!" I greeted.

"Hey Alaska, I was wondering if you could babysit tomorrow night if you're not busy?" He smiled with a charming grin. Elliot Groves was definitely attractive just ten years too old for me. Tommy jumped excitedly muttering something about trying to coerce me into doing it.

"Yeah, no problem just call me whenever you want me to come over," I smiled nodding. I had nothing to do on a Thursday night, but kudos to him for having something to do. He thanked me and nodded before saying bye to Tommy again and I turned my attention back to John who looked utterly confused. I heard the door close and John peeked down the hall to confirm no one was there.

"How come Mr. Groves has your phone number and I don't?" John asked seeming more concerned about that than his little "conundrum" and the little story I had been wondering what he was going to say. I saw John's eyes drifting down to my chest and I realized that crossing my arms was pushing up my cleavage and I dropped my arms.

"Because Mr. Groves has a seven-year-old I babysit, why jealous?" I raised and eyebrow. I looked him straight into his eyes and a little smirk came on to my face. I felt my stomach quiver a little bit as he stared right back, he finally cracked a smile and laughed looking up nervously. "So what's your conundrum?" I asked.

"Oh, hah," He laughed remembering and looking back at me. "My roommate has a date tonight and I don't. I mean what kind of universe is it that a good-looking man such as myself can't get a date?" He asked slightly sarcastically, but for some reason I thought the ego was real.

"Oh know, whatever will you do now?" I asked taking another bite of my apple. I checked expectantly as a wisp of hair fell into my face. I tucked it behind my ear just as John's hand came up to do the same. I smiled at the awkwardness of the moment.

"You should go on a date with me," John said confidently breaking out a crooked smile. I broke out a small laugh and realized that it was actually really rude. I smiled apologetically and took another bite of my apple to buy some time while I thought of something clever to say. I never needed time to think of something clever, I blame John.

"Should I now?" I asked after I swallowed. I walked back into my apartment assuming he'd follow me. He finally walked in after our eyes met and he closed the door after his feet hit the hardwood floor. I rested my elbows on the counter facing him as I took another bite.

"Yeah, we could go out to dinner or watch a movie?" John asked, which I couldn't decide whether or not he was really asking me. I smiled watching him shift around nervously.

"I'm eating dinner," I smiled raising my apple up. In all seriousness that's probably what I was going to have for dinner. I would probably end up crashing early tonight, It had been a long day at work.

"What? You're having an apple for dinner?! Nope, that is not acceptable at all," He laughed and I couldn't help, but chuckle too. I laughed wondering what I was going to do. I looked back up at him and there was a subtle smile on his face, that seemed serious. "Come on, let me take you out to dinner," he grinned.

I looked down and smiled, "Fine!" I sighed before tossing my apple into the trash can and raising my finger. "Give me one minute," I smiled jogging into my bedroom and I tapped my fingers on my thigh. I stripped off all my clothes and I changed into a grey three-quarter sleeved henley dress and threw a black vest over it, leaving on my boots. I messed with my hair a little bit, fixing some waves and making sure it looked okay.

I looked at myself into my bathroom mirror and touched up my makeup before looking at my chest. I ran back into my room and changed into my date night push-up bra then I was content with myself. Sounds skanky, I know, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

"Okay, I'm ready," I smiled grabbing my bag and keys off the table and meeting John, who stared me up and down before grinning brightly. I blushed, but hit it by smiling and rushing him out the door. "Come on John, I don't have all night," I smiled trying not to show how excited I really was. Once I was outside I locked the door behind me and smiled turned around and caught John checking out my back side.

"You look beautiful," John smiled, I rolled my eyes and pushed John towards the stairs. We laughed quietly before reaching his small black sedan. He opened the passenger door for me. I smiled awkwardly thanking him quietly, I crossed my legs awkwardly and we drove in silence before we turned into a small restaurant, it seemed casual and intimate at the same time.
We both got out and started walking to the restaurant as he locked the car door behind him. I smiled as we made eye contact again. It wasn't because I didn't have things to say, it was just I had so many things to say and I didn't know which ones were the right ones. I slowed down and got a grip on myself. I don't get nervous around boys and I certain never think about what I say-wait. Well, I decided I was going to take control of the whole situation. I took a deep breath and followed John into the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this is short i had a minor brain fart!
thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing!
i hope you guys like it! sorry i didn't proof-read :/
<33!