Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

two.

I stood outside of Chipotle, checking my phone for what had to be the tenth time. Craig was supposed to have met me here for lunch thirty minutes ago, but, as usual, he's late. I debated on giving him a call, but before I could make up my mind, my phone vibrated in my hands. A smile spread across my face as I thought it would be my boyfriend, but as I looked at the screen, my sister's name showed.

I sighed. "Of course it wouldn't be him, Roxie."

I opened the message and squinted as I read the text, unsure if I was reading it right. Alaska was heading to Tempe, to stay with me? I slid my keyboard out, ready to reply back to her message, right as a black Impala parked in front of me. The passenger side window rolled down and Craig's blue eyes looked at me as he ran a hand through his jet black, curly hair.

"You're late," I told him, placing my right hand on my hip.

"I had to stop by a friend's house before I came. I just lost track of time," he told me.

I sighed. "Well are you gonna park so we can eat, Craig?"

He shook his head. "I feel like eating Italian. Let's go to Olive Garden."

I was ready to yell and lash out at him, but I bit my tongue. Arguing with Craig was last thing I wanted to do, especially with how rocky our relationship has been lately. "Well I guess you can go ahead and drive over. I'll meet you in the lot."

"Sounds good to me," he said before driving off.

I watched him leave before letting the tears hoard my eyes. I sniffled as I began walking to my car, trying not to fall as the tears blurred my vision. Once inside, I rested my forehead on the steering wheel and allowed the waterworks to begin.

Although Craig was acting like a complete jerk, I still couldn't give him up. We had been dating for two and a half years and in the beginning of our relationship, he was as sweet as could be. He was polite, charming and punctual. Somewhere down the line, however, he changed. He was becoming someone I didn't know, and yet, I still found myself to be in love with him. And after all, being with him was better than being single. Being single meant being alone, and alone was the last thing I needed. Especially being so far away from my family.

Family. I wiped my eyes and picked up my phone, dialing Alaska's number.

"Hello," she answered after two rings.

"Alaska!"

She laughed. "Yeah, did you not want me to answer?"

I laughed and sniffled. "No, I did want you to answer! I'm just really glad to be talking to you."

"We talked like two days ago, Rox," she pointed out.

"Yes, but Craig just got me really upset and I miss you and mom and dad," I explained.

"What did Craig do now? And I'm sort've upset with mom and dad at the moment, so I can't really say I feel the same."

"He's just being an asshole. He was supposed to meet me at Chipotle for lunch almost an hour ago, and he just showed up with some lame excuse about losing track of time and then he says he feels like eating Italian, so we should go to Olive Garden," I gushed out in one breath.

"What the fuck?! Roxie, why do you even stay with this douchebag? You deserve someone so much better!" she told me. I could tell by her tone of voice that she was getting angry.

I groaned. "You don't understand, Lass. I know that he's a jerk sometimes, but he's also the guy I fell in love with."

"But that's the thing, Rox, he's not the same Craig you met three years ago. He's changed ... For the worst," she told me.

"You just don't know him like I do," I defended my boyfriend.

She sighed. "Whatever you say." I could hear the flick of a lighter in the backgroud.

"What're you smoking?" I asked.

She laughed. "American Spirit. Ever since you told me about them all those months ago, I can't go back to any other brand. Unless I'm broke, of course."

I chuckled. "I know what you mean. I better get to Olive Garden. I probably should have left before I called, but I didn't want to go there crying."

"Like I said before, you need to let Craig go."

I sighed. "Yeah, yeah. Call me when you get close, okay?"

"Why? So you and Craig can squeeze in a quickie?" she joked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "For your information, Craig and I haven't had sex."

She gasped. "Still!?"

"What do you mean still?"

"You two have been together for almost three years and haven't had sex!" she exclaimed.

"So? Sex is a big deal to me, Lass. I'm not just gonna give it away."

"But it's been three years!" she exaggerated.

"Again, I don't care how long it's been," I told her, starting my ignition.

"Maybe that's why he's being an asshole," she muttered.

I rolled my eyes, becoming agitated. "Whatever. Just call me you're near!"

"Alright, prude!" she laughed before hanging up.

"Bitch," I muttered under my breath before pulling out of the Chipotle's parking lot.

On one hand, I could see Alaska's point. I have made Craig wait a long time for sex. On the other hand, sex was a big deal to me and I wasn't sure if it was something I was ready for, especially with Craig's attitude being the way it was. Hopefully with Alaska joining me soon, I'll be able to figure out what I need to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this doesn't suck! Hahaa. I'm excited to write this story with Alaskaaa! :D