Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

twenty one.

The party was crazy, there was a seemingly endless supply of booze, cute boys and good music. I had spent the whole time dancing and talking to random people and avoiding John. The words Roxie said were haunting my mind and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to avoid seeing him. After getting all gussied up and getting a fairly good response from the male population at the party, I noticed John's eyes on me more than they had been every other time we were hanging out.

The party was starting to die down and people were filtering out, I noticed I hadn't seen Roxie since the kitchen, but I hadn't seen Garrett either so I was pretty sure they were together and I trusted him enough to take care of him. I spotted a familiar brunette talking to a rather cute boy and with a beer in hand I went over to say hi. "Hey Acey! When did you get here?" I asked hoping that I was coming across somewhat sober.

"Alaska, hey! I got here a couple of hours ago, but this place was a total zoo. Have you seen Kenny?" She asked scanning the room for her boyfriend and I bit my lip having to think. It really had been a zoo and I hadn't seen him in a while.

"Last I saw he was in the kitchen," I said after finally retracing my memory, I took a sip of my beer before sitting down on the coffee table across from her and the cute blonde she had been talking to.

"I'm gonna go look for him," She said standing up before smiling at the boy and remembering we still didn't know each other. "Oh, Alaska, this is Neil, we work together. Neil, this is Alaska, we got drunk together," She smiled brightly before we clinked beers and we both let out small laughs remembering the night we met.

"Classy," He added on with a smirk on his lips. He had a pretty deep voice and then I realized he was a really tall guy, or at least looked tall. We both muttered some form of 'nice to meet you's under our breaths, it was a little awkward though.

"Eh, bite me. I'll be right back," Acey waved before walking over to the kitchen and talking to a couple of guys she must have known. I turned my attention to study the boy sitting across from me. He had a fairly athletic build, a perfect smile and bright green eyes, to summarize, he was really, really attractive.

"So, I haven't seen you around here and I usually come to most of Garrett's parties. Are you new in town, because I know all the pretty girls around here," He smirked, leaning towards me and his eyes lingering over my body. I let out a short laugh, not caring if I came off as rude.

"Wow, is that a pick up line? I mean, really?" I laughed, before taking another sip. I didn't mind pick up lines if the person saying them was using them ironically, but for some reason I didn't get that vibe from Neil here. His eyes grew wide with surprise and I was curious to see how he was going to handle this.

"I got called out, you don't hold anything back do you? I feel like I just got caught eating a cookie before dinner again," He smiled after letting out a hearty laugh, that I imagine Santa Clause would have if he was a sexy athlete. A smile crept onto my lips, he could laugh off bitchiness, I liked that in a guy.

"Oh, well I adhere to my own honesty policy, but just so you know I am a firm believer in cookies at anytime if that makes up for it at all," I joked, I crossed my legs and leaned forward, he was certainly interesting. I smiled remembering the grocery store when Roxie wouldn't let me get the cookies and for some reason, I was now craving them terribly.

"Well, in that case, using your honesty policy, would you liked to maybe get dinner some time?" He looked down as if he was intimidated. It was cute, I loved seeing boys nervous, he clutched his beer in his hands and before I could answer a tall boy came up next to us.

"Hey, so party's over you should leave. Babe, please tell me this guy wasn't hitting on you. Were you hitting on my girlfriend?" John asked, catching me completely off guard. I looked around in a panic noticing that the room was empty except for the few of us that had been here before the party, Acey pulling Kennedy out of the room telling him he had enough.

"Oh, sorry bro, didn't know she had a boyfriend," Neil said, standing up awkwardly, I realized that he was the same height as John. He gave him some weird guy handshake before giving me a half smile.

"What? Wait, I-" I began sputtering, still in shock.

"No worries bro, have a safe drive home," John said ever-so-slightly bitter, but Neil paid no mind as he gave me an small wave and practically ran out of the apartment and I realized my jaw was still on the ground. I shot a look at John who seemed very pleased with himself. I had just been cock-blocked by John, like I should give this jackass a chance.

"Wow, seriously? John, what the fuck was that?" I stood up next to him and did my best to try and seem intimidating. I noticed the guys staring at us and started towards the corner of the room to grab my purse.

"Nothing, the kid's a douche, I was just saving you some time. You shouldn't stoop to that level, but anyways you should probably go home too," He said following me before I realized what he was actually saying to me and I turned around to face him sharply.

"Wait, are you mad at me?" I asked bluntly and he raised his eyebrows not giving me an answer. "Why are you mad? Because I talked to another guy? We're not dating or anything so why shouldn't I?" I scoffed, I never got why guys thought they owned me or had some weird notion of possession.

"Uh, I don't know, maybe because you know I like you and you're flirting with some other guy in my own fucking house! Jesus, why do you have to make things so complicated? Why can't it just be like 'hey, I like you and you like me, let's be together'?" John was a inch away from me, with a frustration in his eyes I had never seen before.

"What the hell are you talking about? How is any of this my fault, you jackass?" I practically yelled at him, brushing past him and pulling my purse up on my shoulder before making my way to the door. "We haven't even talked about whatever the fuck 'this' is! So either man up and ask me or just leave me the fuck alone!" I asked, feeling tears starting to brim my eyes. I didn't even know why, but this boy was bad news for me.

"Hey, I'm sorry," He threw his arms into the air and I stopped in the door way and I looked over to the group of guys still staring at us and I sighed. "I'm sorry, let's just-" John said taking my hand and leading us out into the balcony. It had gotten colder since the nightfall, and John noticed me shivering and pulled off his flannel shirt handing it to me.

"This is exactly why I don't do relationships, John," I said pushing it back to him and he sighed loudly before wrapping it around me and I looked up at him. "Relationships don't work out for me, and I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be dating anyone, let alone each other. God, this is why I don't fall for guys I mess around with," I sighed loudly trying to blink away the tears threatening to pour over my eyes. He stared at me speechless and I turned to leave.

"Wait, would you please just talk to me, please? I like you a lot... I think we should just talk about it," John pleaded with me and I saw a genuine panic in his eyes and I relaxed a little.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now," I began and I saw he was trying to protest and I raised a finger to keep him silent before continuing. "We can talk about it alright? Just not right now, I like you John I do, but we should have this talk sober," I shrugged, really just wanting to avoid the plunge. I pressed my lips to his as he tried to protest again, but he seemed just fine with not talking as he deepened the kiss.

"Do you wanna, maybe stay here tonight?" John whispered, grabbing my hand leaning as his lips brushed my ears. I felt shivers shoot down my spine and I bit my lip before nodding.

We said goodnight to the guys and John pulled my hand into his bedroom, which I had never seen before. It was cute, simple and plain, it was something I would've expected from John. It was homey too, we didn't have to say anything. I pulled off my dress and heels and buttoned up his flannel shirt to make a nightgown of sorts. "Sorry, I jacked your shirt," I blushed coming out of the bathroom.

"Wow, uh, it's cool. It looks a lot better on you anyways," He complimented shyly, sitting on the edge of his bed with only a pair of basketball shorts on. I bit down on my lip, I pressed my lips to his again and he grabbed my hips pulling me closer to him, so I was straddling him. His lips mashed against mine perfectly and I started kissing his neck, lightly sucking and I heard him grunt causing me to smile a little.

Our lips met again before he laid down, bringing me with him and he rolled over on top of me before he pulled his lips off and stared at me. I raised my eyebrows, wondering why he wasn't trying to pounce on me right now. "Are you okay?" I finally asked as he pressed his lips to my forehead.

"I was just thinking, as much as we've been making out and hooking up, I don't know anything about you," He chuckled, holding himself on his elbows before pressing his lips to mine sweetly. "I want to know you, I mean every time we've talked I feel like I get these sarcastic, witty remarks, but I never learned anything about you. I want to talk," He said before I raised an eyebrow. I could safely say this had never happened to me before, but everything he said was true.

"Well, you being on top of me seems like a great time to talk," I laughed before he rolled his eyes, as if I was proving his point. I pressed my lips to his and ran my fingers through his hair. "You really wanna talk?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Uh, well I could think of a couple other things I would rather do, but yes. I really wanna talk," He smirked playing with a strand of my hair. I definitely could think of many things I'd rather do in this position, but he seemed to be genuine.

"Fine, since you wanna talk instead of having crazy, fervent sex," I sighed slipping out from under him and sitting on the bed, resting my back against the headboard, "what do you wanna know?"

"Let's start with your favorite food," John chuckled realizing what exactly he had passed up. We sat talking for what seemed like five minutes when John, stood up and I looked at the clock realizing it was almost eight in the morning and we'd been talking for hours, "so how do you feel about video games?" He smirked at me holding up two controllers. We played it with the television on mute, but we didn't take into account that we were both extremely competitive.

"Oh yes! Yes! Yes! Yes, you're almost there! Come on, keep going, you're almost there!" John called out at the TV screen, pressing buttons rapidly as his forward broke free. I narrowed my eyes, concentrating even more on the game to beat John. Both of our moaning as the game intensified.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Ah yes, just try and get it in there now," I called out, after pressing buttons to keep him from scoring, and I crossed my legs underneath me to keep my foot from falling asleep until he cut me off and changed the game again.

"Ah fuck! Oh yes! Yes! Oh my fucking God, keep going you beautiful little slut," He called out loudly, I let out a groan realizing his player had beaten me and was probably going to score. I pressed buttons to keep my goalie on edge.

"Nooo! Ah, what the hell are you doing?" I yelled at my goalie trying to get the right button pattern to make him better. "No I don't want it in there, ugh!" I groaned loudly kicking my foot down on the bed making in creak loudly. John scored and stood up, dragging out an 'oh' with his hands in the air.

"Okay, what the hell are you doing to my... sister?" Roxie busted through the door sounding angry until she looked at both of us, and dwindled to confusion. She looked at both of us and we were distracted from the television and waved at her. "Uh, sister talk, right now," She said pulling my hand out of John's room and I struggled to make the flannel shirt long enough to cover everything and I bit my lip wondering what she seemed so panicked about.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, i'm sorry this is so long haha.
i love roxie and garrett though :)
sorry if this sucks?