Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

four.

After hanging up with Alaska, I quietly crept back into my room and set my phone on my nightstand, trying my best not to awake Craig. However, my attempt failed as he rolled over and looked at me.

"What're you doing?" he asked.

"My sister's here. She's going to be staying with me for awhile," I told him, slipping my feet into a pair of plain black flip flops.

He furrowed his brows. "Right now?"

I nodded my head, grabbing my keys. "Yes, Craig, right now." Before he could say anything else, I walked out of the room and through the living room, making my way outside. The warm air welcomed me, despite being so early in the morning.

I walked into the parking lot, glancing around for any sight of my sister. It only took me a minute to spot her red 2010 Dodge Avenger; a gift that must have come along with the GPS our parents gave her. I wasted no time in running to her, tackling her in a hug from behind, catching her off guard. She let out a yelp before realizing who I was, and hugged me back.

"You scared the shit out of me, dude!" she laughed.

I smirked. "That was sort've the point, little one." I patted the top of her head, knowing just how much it irritated her whenever anyone did that to her, due to her shortness.

She rolled her big, brown eyes and pushed me away playfully. "Whatever! Why don't you just show me my new home so I can change into my pajamas and get some shut eye?"

I laughed and nodded my head. "Follow me, dear." I led us down the sidewalk, coming to a stop right in front of my apartment door. "I have to warn you, Craig's trying to sleep. He gets pretty grouchy when he's woken up."

She scoffed. "He's always a douchebag, Roxie."

I sighed. "Just try and be polite to him, okay? He's still my boyfriend and you're my sister and I want you two to get along, 'Lass."

Her face softened as she became more serious. "I'll try, but I can't make any promises."

I knew that that was the most I could hope for, and I stuck my key into the lock, opening the door. I allowed her to step inside first, before following behind her and shutting and locking the door. "Well, as you can see, this is the living room."

She snickered. "No shit."

I laughed and pushed her forward. "I have an extra room that you can use, but unfortunately, there's no bed in there. I was thinking we could head to the stores tomorrow and get what you need, since I don't have to go into work," I explained.

She nodded her head. "Works for me, big sis. Just point me in the direction of my room."

I pointed to a door on the left side of the hallway. "It's right across from mine. I only have one bathroom, so we'll have to share."

"That's fine, Rox. I don't mind," she said.

I let out a tired yawn. "Well, there's stuff in the bathroom if you wanna shower and whatnot. Help yourself."

She smiled brightly and pulled me into a tight hug. "Thank you so much for being cool about all of this. I know it was such short notice, but I really appreciate it, Roxie."

I hugged her back, remembering how good it felt to have my sister by my side. "It's no problem, 'Lass. I missed having you around."

As we pulled away, my bedroom door squeaked open and Craig emerged, scratching his head and yawning. "Is she here?" He looked up and made an 'o' shape with his mouth. "I guess she is."

I could see Alaska's face contort in disgust. "Yeah, I'm Alaska," she told him.

His eyes flickered back and forth between her and I and I could read his mind: he was wondering how we could be related. Alaska was somewhat short, fair skinned, and had short dark brown hair with big brown eyes. She had prominent cheek bones and a petite body, making her beautiful.

I, on the other hand, stood at 5'7, with naturally tanned skin. I had long, dark brown hair and brown eyes, the only real similarities between us. I wasn't as petite as her, having wide hips and thick legs, along with apple cheeks. At this point, we had gotten used to the odd looks.

"This is your sister, Roxie?" Craig asked, disbelief in his voice.

Before I could speak, Alaska explained, "Well, if you want to get technical, and not that it's any of your business, but her mom married my dad when we were both kids. Make sense, jackass?"

"Alaska," I hissed.

She gave me an innocent look as Craig laughed. "Yeah, it does actually. You're very pretty," he told her, immediately making me feel uncomfortable.

Her eyes widened in surprise and before she could go off on him, I stepped in front of her. "Why don't you just go ahead and change and I'll get you a blanket, okay?"

She clenched her jaw before nodding her head. "Yeah, sure." Her cold stare towards Craig never faltered as she walked passed him, going to her room.

Once her door shut, I spun on my heel and looked at Craig. "Do you think you could act polite for once?"

He rolled his eyes. "I was just giving her a compliment. She didn't have to be a bitch about it," he told me.

I closed the distance between us, standing face to face with him so he could see the seriousness in my eyes. "I don't care if you are my boyfriend or not, Craig, but don't you ever, ever call my sister a bitch again. Got it?"

He seemed taken aback by my words. "No more calling her a bitch; got it." He licked his lips and scratched the back of his neck. "Are you coming back to bed?"

I shrugged. "I'm gonna make sure Alaska is comfortable before I lay down."

He pouted. "I need you to snuggle with so I can fall back asleep," he stated in a sweet voice, pulling me close to him.

I couldn't help but to give into him as I stared into his blue orbs. "I'll be there in a minute, okay?"

He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. "I'll be waiting." He walked away, going back into my room.

I let out a heavy sigh before walking into the bathroom, and grabbing a blanket from the cabinet. Just as I was coming out, Alaska was leaving her room.

"I brought my own pillow," she smiled.

I laughed. "You would bring a pillow and no blanket, dumbass."

She chuckled. "Hey, at least I remembered half of my bed necessities."

I rolled my eyes as we walked back into the living room. She took a seat on the couch, fluffing her pillow. I laid the blanket out for her and glanced around the room. "Do you need anything?"

"Just the remote to control this badass flat screen you got and never mentioned to me," she grinned.

I laughed and grabbed the remote from off the coffee table. "I just got it last week, so try not to break it?"

"Will do, captain," she said, pressing the power button.

"Are you hungry?"

She shook her head. "I'm fine, sis."

"Are you sure, 'Lass? You had a long drive; you have to be hungry."

"I had a few burgers on the way here. I'm good, Rox, really," she told me, taking her eyes off the television to look at me.

"Alright then, I guess I'll head to bed." I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to remember if there was anything else I needed to tell her at the moment. "Oh, Craig leaves for work at about eight, so if you hear the door, it's just him. And there's punch, soda and water in the fridge. I haven't had the chance to go grocery shopping yet, but there should be pizza rolls or something you can heat up if you change your mind and decide to eat."

She laughed and stood up, placing her hands on each of my shoulders. "I got it, Rox. You're acting like mom; you're my sister. You know, the girl who taught me how to pop the cap off a beer bottle with the back of my teeth?"

I chuckled. "Right. I'm just making sure you're comfortable."

"I am, believe me."

I nodded my head. "Well I'll let you get to bed then. I'll see you in the morning, 'Lass."

She nodded her head, laying down on the couch. "See you in the morning, sis." I began making my way back to my room, when she called my name.

"Yeah?" I asked quickly, turning around.

She leaned on the back of the couch, making it so I could only see the top of her head. "Thanks for setting Craig straight when he called me a bitch."

I smiled. "You're welcome. Only I'm allowed to call you that."

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Goodnight, loser."

"Goodnight, bitch," I smirked.

I walked into my room, shutting the door behind me. I crawled into bed, feeling Craig's arms immediately wrap around me. I laid my right arm over his, staring straight at the digital clock on my nightstand.

"Finally, I can get some sleep. Goodnight, baby," he mumbled into the back of my neck.

"Goodnight, Craig. I love you," I whispered, almost afraid to say the words.

"Mhm, me too," he hummed.

I clamped my eyes shut and tried to ignore the pang in my heart at his absence of saying 'I love you' back to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this chapter is a little longer than my last update.
I know that everyone's waiting for The Maine to show up, and I promise you,
They'll be coming in shortly!
Thank you guys for reading, commenting and subscribing!
It means LOADS to Alaska and me! (: