Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

five.

I had spent the last couple of weeks settling in and getting my room set up. It was cool how Roxie and I lived together, despite her complaining I take too long to get ready. Honestly, I felt at home in the girly decorated apartment with a beautiful flat screen that I wished I had come down to watch the Super Bowl for and living my sister was just so much fun. I woke up much less pleasantly than I had previous mornings, the door slamming I jumped up and felt my heart leap out of my chest,. I wandered out of my room panicking until I saw Roxie standing in the kitchen staring at the front door.

"I told you he was a doucheass, that's my combination of douchebag and jackass, which I feel describes him perfectly," I muttered through a yawn as I came to my feet stretching. I felt like I had gotten a pretty good rest, I stared at Roxie's back for a while wondering why she wasn't scolding me for making fun of her boyfriend. She turned around and I saw why, tears were streaming down her face. "Rox, what's wrong?!" I asked instantly embracing her in my arms.

"C-C-Craig broke up with me," she sobbed with tears falling down her face, I could feel her back rising and sinking with her gut-wrenching cries. Not that they were unpleasant to listen to, but when Roxie was sad I could feel my own heart breaking just because she's upset.

"Oh, Rox, I'm so, so sorry," I cooed in her ear, feeling the odd as she was bent down to hug me. I held her tightly, wondering what I should do. Roxie was always the one who took care of me, and I'd never seen her cry this bad.

"No, you're not. You hated him," She snapped, her nose stuffed up with tears. She seemed to just conflict with a million emotions, the two main ones being sadness and anger. I knew she would never purposefully take it out on me. She pulled out of my embrace and looked into my eyes for verification. Truthfully, I was glad Craig was gone.

"Sure I am Rocco. I'm not sad that he's out of your life because you could do so much better on any given day of the week and you deserve a guy who can make you laugh and smile more than make you upset, but I'm so sorry because I know how much you cared about him and I'm sorry you feel this way," I said as nicely as I could, it was still straight-forward, but I figured now was not the time to be a blunt bitch.

"'Lass, I loved him! I really did," She cried on my shoulder, literally. I wrapped my arms around her and we sat down on the couch. I bit my lip from saying that she loved him past tense, because maybe she did love him before he turned into the epitome of a jerk, but Freudian slips are no small thing.

"I know you did Rox, but there's a silver lining and I know I wouldn't wanna hear cheesy shit like this, but you'll find it and this will all be a part of your past soon," I smiled hugging her as we watched Breakfast Club that just happened to be on TV, distracting us while she cried it out.

Roxie was more reserved than I was and that's for sure, so I knew that she would tell me what happened in her own time. I knew that I had many, many things I would like to say to Craig if we ever crossed paths again. After a while, Roxie was tired so I turned off the TV and walked into the kitchen my stomach growling like no other.

"God, Rox, don't you have any real food here? Like salad or apples?" I asked, my voice joined with the growling of my rapturous stomach. I looked at the wide array of beverages and simply looked at pudding cups, when I checked the freezer she indeed have pizza rolls and random frozen meals. I smirked and turned to her.

"Is that real food? I told you I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping yet, bitch!" Roxie muttered sleepily on her couch with a smirk on her lips, which I thought was a good thing she smiled after a morning of sadness. "I was waiting for-" the smile disappeared and tears welled up in her eyes.

"Roxie, I'm sorry! I'm gonna go get some food and I'll cook you a nice home-cooked meal," I hugged her tightly, going through my duffle bag and finding a pair of denim shorts and a random tank top to put over the cami I had been sleeping in. "Do you want anything in particular?" I asked swiping my long eyelashes with a few coats of mascara and running my fingers through my messy, dirty and overall unappealing hair.

"Pasta, sounds really good," She sniffled. I smiled and saluted her before giving her one more hug and a kiss on the top of the head as I made my way down. I noticed a cute guy going into the apartment next to me, I made a mental note to mention it to Roxie as a get-over-Craig aid. I climbed into my car, before realizing I had no idea where I was so I made a mental note and continued down the road until I saw a Fry's. I parked in the first spot I saw, not minding the walk after just driving and sitting for two days.

"Welcome to Fry's," the greeter smiled at me, I smiled back politely before grabbing a shopping basket and making my way through the aisles. I grabbed some angel hair and marinara sauce before grabbing some secret ingredients my dad had taught me. As I was turning into the canned vegetables aisle I frowned as I saw a familiar face I could've gone my whole life without seeing.

"Alaska! Hey!" Craig said with a casual smile on his face, like he was talking to his girlfriend's sister, not his heart-broken ex-girlfriend's sister, this bothered me. Plus I took this as a sign from above that I could go ahead and verbally abuse him.

"Oh hey asswipe! Maybe you should wipe that pretty little smirk off your face and even a tiny bit concerned that the girl you were dating for three years is destroyed because you're a little prick with a little prick," I said cooly with a smile on my face. I noticed two guys behind him with their jaws dropped.

"Damn, feisty," He sounded impressed and it made me sick. "You know, I wish Roxie had told me her sister was so pretty and fierce. You're like a little firecracker," He chuckled, this pissed me off more than anything had pissed me off ever in the eighteen years of my life.

"I wish my sister would've told me what a complete and total asshole you are and dumped you years ago so I would've never met your sorry ass. Don't you dare insult me by hitting on me the same day you broke up with my sister. You know, I heard that the reason y'all hadn't had sex yet was because little Craig had a problem rising to the occasion, so Craig, why don't you run along and date a sixteen-year-old girl because they just don't know any better," I said with a fury I didn't know I had and a hand on my hip. The two guys behind him started laughing and punched Craig in the arm, while he just stared at me with his jaw on the floor.

I smiled and brushed past him to get a jar of peppercinis and gave him one of my greatest death stares I could muster. I heard a low raspy laugh and my guard was caught. I looked at the source surprised to see Craig's friend smiling at me with an impressed look on his face. He had bright blue eyes that seemed to resonate with me in a way that melted my soul. I kept walking very aware of how guys are similar to their friends and just because he was attractive didn't mean there was any reason to risk it. So I went home and didn't mention a thing to my sister who was asleep on the couch as I started cooking dinner, hoping her heart would be back in one piece again.
♠ ♠ ♠
the plot thickens?
please comment and tell your friends cause Roxie and I love this story and we want y'all to read it! love you guysss!