Status: Recycle/Dump? Slow,

Love Drunk

Hazel

Heat? That’s the first thing I feel on my face, I open my eyes and a flash of white and light yellows blur my vision. My head is throbbing, it’s as if someone is drilling a screw into my skull, I haven’t had a hangover this bad in my life of drinking. I shut my eyes again and think back to where I am because I know I’m not home.

Flashes of bodies and colours come to roost, I went to a party and of course I was wasted. I think harder, ignoring the throbbing in my head; I remember a small figure… I try to think harder, but that just leads to me having a better headache. Opening my eyes, I throw my feet over the bed I’m laying in, causing the room to spin.

I feel a breeze rush over my whole body, giving me goose bumps – I have no clothes on. Okay? So I got laid as well, sweet. Not looking at the body lying next to me; I get up and look for my clothes, once I find them and have them on, I take off home.

Bouncing through the door I go straight into the living room to find my mother sitting up straight with a smile on her face, watching the television show playing on the screen. Before I sit next to her, I place a kiss on her cheek and check her temperature.

“Sweet I’m fine.” My mother laughs, pushing my hand away. “I took some pain-killers...”

I wipe my mouth as tears spring at the corners of my eyes, everything from last night is now laying on the floor next to my feet. Silence has never really had an effect on me, but right now it’s fucking killing me. I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and dial 9-1-1, maybe she still has hope.

“9-1-1, what’s your emergency?” a guy asks.

“My mother is dead.” I state, as calmly as I can.

“What happened, sir?”

“She had lung cancer, and now it took her away.” I whisper, a tear gliding down my cheek.

“Well have an ambulance down there in a minute, sir.” The guy announces, and I hang up.

“Doctor, get the shockers! We’re losing her again!” a nurse yells, causing me to run towards her room.

Mum!” I scream, pushing through nurses.

“Get him out of ‘ere!” a doctor yells, causing more nurses to grab onto me and try to calm me down.

“She’s my fucking mother!” I yell, punching a guy nurse in the face.

Minutes pass as I was pushing these people off me; it wasn’t the nurses that got me to stop pushing, it wasn’t the people staring at me that stopped me, it wasn’t the fact that a guy with a small figure standing next to his mum and dad that stopped me. It was the hushed beeps of the heart monitor and a doctor whispering, ‘She’s gone.’ that stopped me.

The nurses release me and I fall to the floor, staring at my mother’s dead form lying on the gurney. I can hear whispering and arms snake their way under my arms, lifting me up from the floor. We move down the hall and I look back to where I just lost my mother.

I can’t believe she’s gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
i apologize to my co-author and readers for the wait, a lot of stuff have been happening.
if some of you guys don't get the ending...

Hazel's mum was still slightly alive when the ambulance got there and the doctors were trying to save her, but she couldn't hold on anymore so she died.

-ottie