Photograph

All I've Got is a Photograph

Monday morning.

♪ Photograph - I don't want your
Photograph - I don't need your
Photograph - All I've got is a photograph
But it's not enough
♪

Lena woke up groggily on a Monday morning, just in time for breakfast. She always woke up with the same song on her alarm clock because that was the only song that described her feelings for the guy she had a crush on: Tyson Ritter.

Of course, he could never remember her; she was always the quiet one in class, the girl who all the boys wanted to date because of her mystery, but the only boyfriend she ever had, only lasted a week. And Tyson, what can you say about him?, he was the popular jock, the boy all the girls drooled for, and he was also a musician, big plus in the girls book.

But now, he was a famous star with his band The All-American Rejects, going out with super models, catchy songs about love & heartbreaks, those famous blue eyes & boyish smile, he was more gorgeous than ever. And Lena was a famous reporter in her favorite magazine Alternative Press, she grew up reading it, and when the letter arrived, she didn't hesitate in saying yes. But she was always stuck writing reviews, never had an interview with a band before.

"Lena, come on, I made your favorite!"

Her brother Ben yelled at her from the kitchen, they lived together since their parents disowned him for being gay. They moved to Los Angeles where he became a famous chef.

"I'm coming!"

When she arrived at the kitchen, a plate of fruit & an omelet of ham & cheese was waiting for her also her brother had prepared a cup of latte coffee, just for her. She sat down at the table and the usual morning talk began:

"When are you getting your raise?" Ben asked her.

"I don't know, several people have told my boss that I should write more than reviews, but she doesn't say anything," she told him, she was tired of writing only to fulfill a job, she wanted to write because she wanted to.

"It's 1 o'clock, I think you should go to work," Ben told her.

"Yes, thank god that I don't have to work 8 hours a day," she told him as she kissed his cheek and went to work.

She arrived at work and went to her office. A bunch of flowers and candy greeted her; she raised her eyebrow and asked herself "What the hell is going on here?" she sat at her chair and her boss came trough the door.

"Lena, since your work here is poorly appreciated, I've decided to give you a raise," she announced.

"Oh, thanks," Lena smiled at the news.

"You are going to do an interview this afternoon," the boss proceeded.

"And the band is?" Lena asked.

"Oh, they're from Oklahoma just like you, called The All-American umm... something," the boss said.

"Rejects?" Lena asked, hoping it wasn't them.

"Yes, so you have to meet them at Ben's at 5, go and get ready, it's 3 already," the boss said finally, pushing her to the exit.

Lena arrived at her apartment again, and started to get ready. Her brother came out of her room, and when he saw his sister, he started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Lena asked him with curlers on her hair and smeared lipstick.

"Who are you trying to impress?" he asked her, trying to hold back tears.

"For your information, I'm having my first interview in an hour," she announced.

"Finally! What's the band's name? Where are you meeting them?" he asked her.

"I'm meeting them at your restaurant, it's Tyson's band," she shyly said.

"No way! Then you have to look stunning, let me help you," he said making his way to her.

Half an hour later, Lena was dressed in some jeans, her "lucky" black converse, an AC/DC t-shirt & her hair was up in a messed-up ponytail. She didn't wear too much makeup, just some lip-gloss and black eyeliner. Her brother and her went to the restaurant & waited for the band to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Listened to "Photograph" by Def Leppard.
Saw it being covered by The All-American Rejects.
The story came to me.