Status: In SLOW Progress

Five Kingdoms

Ren

Once Upon a Time, in the land of Astral, there were five kingdoms. The land was ruled in a complicated matter. The 1st Kingdom is ruled by the High King, the other Kings must obey the High King.
The current High King is King Richard, he rules with his Wife and Son.
King Jasper rules the 2nd Kingdom. He also rules with his Wife and Son, as does King Nathan and Herrold.
The 5th kingdom is ruled by King Nigel, he had no Queen or Son. Instead, he had a Daughter. Her name was Lauren, although she preferred Ren.

Now royal children are very rare, normally there are only two children in the kingdoms each century.
So they were lucky to have children in all five kingdoms, even luckier to have a girl.
Even though royal children are rare, boys are normally the ones born.

So Girls were extremely rare.

King Nigel treasured his daughter, she was the happiness in his life, in the whole village.
Everyone liked her, only they worried about her as well.

Ren wasn’t like royalty, she’d always wanted to climb trees and act like a peasant.

Her father didn’t want to spoil her and keep her freedom.
So Ren acted like a peasant child, she even helped the servants.

Lauren had many friends among the children. Seeing as she had never left her kingdom her only friends were the peasants.

Lauren had two best friends, one was a girl and the other was a boy.

The girl’s name was Raven Browne and the boy’s name was Rook Archer.

King Nigel had been called away to the High King’s palace for a meeting with all the kings, concerning the future.

Ren was sitting in a tall tree in the palace gardens. Raven was beside her, both sitting on thick arms of the tree, calling down to Rook.

“Come on up! The weathers fine!” Ren called down to him; he still wasn’t coming up.

Reluctantly Rook climbed up the tree. He climbed so he was one branch above Ren.

“No, fair! You have a better view!” Complained Raven standing up and attempting to climb onto his branch.

“Careful!” Exclaimed Rook as he caught her arm and hauled her up.

Ren watched them, amusement played across her face.

“Are you…?” she started to ask

“No! We are not!” Raven blurted people always asked that.

“Are we what?” Rook asked distractedly, he was staring off at the distance.

Raven and Ren rolled their eyes, Rook almost never paid attention, and he was really dense.

Suddenly Rook stood up and climbed higher, squinting at the distance.

“What is it? What can you see?” Ren demanded, she couldn’t stand up or she’d knock Raven off.

Rook let out a short gasp and jumped hurriedly down the tree, stopping at Ren’s branch.

“An Armies coming!”

Then he leaped down the tree and raced off to tell his father, the head guard
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what to do.

Comment
Rate

Be nice