The Illusion of Separation

author’s note.

So I don’t know how Mibba works anymore or if it lets people know when the story has updated or WHATEVER, but I figured I’d say something anyway since I’m on here again for some reason and went through and re-read all twenty-one chapters of this dumpster fire of a story.

You guys were the sweetest for being all hyped about this silly fic of mine. Truth is, at least relatively, it is a really bad piece of writing. I was also a completely different person back when I was writing it. Kind of racist, kind of a jerk, kind of a lot of things. And I appreciate you guys for sticking with me, but I was really just this reprehensible human being. I’m really thankful that I’m not like that anymore, but man, I’m sorry for the people who had to be on the receiving end of that for a while. Not like I was awful to everyone I came across, but I was just … so incredibly bad at anything even approaching self-awareness of sensitive issues. Like, good Lord.

The good news is that I’m much better both as a person and as a writer now, and while I don’t expect anyone who was reading this story to read this note, I figure I’ll leave it here anyway, because, well, I revisited this after eight years, so probably someone else might along the way, right? I dunno. I guess I just wanted to put some kind of epitaph here (as much as something can be called an epitaph when it’s in remembrance of a story and not a person) so that people knew that I’m not like this anymore and that I’m LEAGUES better at writing and at being a functional human person.

I may come back to Mibba — not sure, at the moment. I still write constantly, and I have a bunch of original projects in the works. I don’t know if anyone is still on here or if it’s a literal wasteland, but it has a nice UI, so I’m hoping at least some people are around, still.

Uh … for now, my Twitter is @deadtowers, and it has links to my other stuff there, like my AO3 and so on. So I guess if you guys want to get in touch or follow my stuff, you can find me there?

I won’t be continuing this one, by the way. It would rule if I completely re-did it from the ground up with my new style and the skills I’ve picked up across the years, especially since I contradicted myself IN THE SAME CHAPTER half the time and my writing and plot just leaves … a lot to be desired, pff.

So, yeah! Catch y’all on the flipside, or on this side, if I end up coming back.

d(._.d)