Sequel: Riddle Me This

Love in the Dark

twenty-nine

Bruce found me an hour later still in the bathroom. The crying had taken a toll on my energy level, but at least I wasn't shaking anymore. Turning off the water, Bruce picked me up and carried me to his bed, setting me down, letting me soak the sheets. He got a towel and wrapped it around me, drying me off. He knelt in front of me and avoided my gaze. Finally I managed, "What did I do?"

He stopped, "What?"

"What did I do? To make you leave."

His hands slid down my shoulder and to the crease of my elbows, "Bethy... you... called out a name."

I looked at him puzzled, "What name? Jonathan's?"

Bruce looked stunned, "No, Bethany.... You called out 'Scarecrow.'"

I gasped. Tears sprung into my eyes as I looked at Bruce, "W-What?"

"Bethany... has Jonathan-"

"Have I what?" Jonathan came into the room, "What's going on? Why is she wet?"

I didn't say anything as the tears slid down my face. I held my towel close to me, rocking back and forth. Fear swept over me, tightening my stomach, making me feel like I was going to throw up. I could hear the two men arguing behind me, then Jonathan came in front of me. Kneeling he saw that I was crying, "Beth, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, unable to say anything.

"That's it... I'm taking her home."

"What?" Bruce came into my view.

"She has obviously regressed since being here. This house is poisonous to her."

"You don't even know what you're talking about.... Bethany loves this house!"

"I don't care if she wants to live here, I'm taking her home. I'm taking her to her own bed. To her own god damned shower."

"I'm afraid you can't do that."

"Why? Are you going to stop me?"

"You're going to risk moving her?"

"Yes."

Alfred came into the room, "Sir, do you think it would be better if you two moved your argument away from Miss Elwood?"

"No need," Jonathan said, "We're finished."

"Are we?"

"Yes. I will be moving her back home. And there will be nothing you can do to stop me." Walking over to me, he took hold of me and picked me up, "Bethy, do you think you can stand while I help you get dressed?"

I did nothing, letting the tears slide down.

He proceeded to dress me, not bothering with underwear, and lead me out of the room and out of the manor to his car. He managed to get me into the car before Bruce came down and pinned him against it. Their voices were muffled by the window, but I could still hear them.

"You arrogant son of a bitch," Bruce said, "You have no right to take her from here."

"I have every right," he said, "I'm a psychiatrist. If I think that the environment is potentially harmful to her, I can and will take her away from it. This place is poison, Wayne. Her mother died here. The Joker terrorized her here. She didn't even want to fucking come here in the first place."

"This house is the only reason why she came."

"You know, it sounds to me like you don't believe that," Jonathan pushed Bruce's arm off of his shoulder and stood his ground, looking into his eyes, "You like her don't you."

Bruce didn't respond.

Jonathan started to chuckle, "You're in love with her. That's why you want to keep her here."

"I have other reasons."

"Oh yeah? Like what? Please, entertain me."

"You wouldn't believe me if I did."

"Because you don't have anything to say." Jonathan pushed Bruce away from him with one finger, "Now, if you'll excuse me... my girlfriend and I will be going home. If you need anything, feel free to call and leave a message."

He left the conversation, walking around the car and got into the driver's seat. He started the car and drove away. He headed into the city and parked outside our apartment. Getting out of the car, he helped me into our apartment and set me down on the bed.

"Are you hungry?"

I didn't say anything.

"How about I make you something to eat, okay?"

Again I didn't say anything.

Jonathan sighed and stood up and went to the kitchen only to come back some time later with a plate full of food. I took the plate of food and started eating. Like every time before, it was delicious. Finishing the food quickly, I looked at Jonathan and felt ashamed.

"What's wrong, pumpkin," he asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I... I did something terrible."

"What?"

I started to cry, the back of my mind amazed that my body was still able to produce tears. I looked at Jonathan and said, "I... I..." letting out a sob I managed, "I cheated on you."

Jonathan stiffened next to me, and that only made me cry harder. I bent over, sobbing into my hands. He didn't touch me as I sobbed next to him, instead he played with the contents of his pocket. Finally he managed, "Do you not love me anymore?"

Looking up I said, "No! No, Jonathan! I love you! It was a mistake...."

Turning to me he said, "Do you love Bruce more than me?"

I shook my head, "No."

He frowned, "No?"

I shook my head, "No, I don't love Bruce more than you."

His frowned deepened, "You're lying."

Taking his hand out of his pocket, he sprayed me with something from a small canister and I fell off of the bed, coughing. I pushed myself up, but when I looked at Jonathan I screamed as I saw a horrible mask hovering above me.

The mask laughed, terrible snakes slithering out of his eyes, "Raven.... You look so pitiful on the floor like that."

I shook my head, backing away, "I-I'm not Raven."

He cocked his head, "Not Raven?"

"N-No. I'm not Raven."

"Are you hungry, Not Raven?"

I cried as I shook my head.

"Are you sure? You're shaking."

I backed into the wall and found that I couldn't go anywhere. I watched as he walked away from me, the snakes falling from his being and slithering around me, guarding me. I closed my eyes and cowered against the wall, crying. He came back with a plate full of food. He handed it to me and not being able to help myself, I ate it.

Looking down at me, he held out his hand and I took it, feeling less afraid of him now, "Raven... my Raven."

I swallowed past my fear and said, "Yes, Scarecrow?"

"Is it true that you love Bruce more than me?"

I shook my head, "No."

Wrapping his hand around my waist, he pulled me close to him and his hand touched my face, "Why Raven... you look different."

Pulling away, I walked over to my closet and pulled out a shoe box that contained an old burlap sack. Taking it out, I pulled it over my face and turned back to the Scarecrow. He nodded, "That's better, my pretty."

"I love you, Scarecrow."

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Why would you cheat on me?"

I stopped, not being able to think of an answer, so instead I said, "I love you Scarecrow."

He nodded, "I'm sure you do." His hand suddenly slapped me across the face, sending me flying onto our bed. The pain was intense, but I knew that I deserved it. Walking over, he towered over me as he pinned me to the bed, "I'm sure you really care about me."

Taking off my clothing, he tied my hands to the head of the bed and rendered me helpless. Taking off his pants, he stroked himself hard and forced himself into me. I screamed as his large member scraped against my insides. He pulled out and continued to repeat his motion, the act causing me to cry. He touched my body forcefully, hurting me as he touched my breasts, as he dug his nails into my skin. When he was finished, he stood, pulling his pants back on. Leaning down, he whispered, "Did you enjoy that?"

I choked on a sob and shook my head.

"I'm sorry that I had to hurt you, Raven." Scarecrow ran his hand down the side of my clothed face, "But if you ever betray me again, I will do far worse than what I did now."

I cried as he walked away, leaving me tied to the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow it's been a while.
sorry about that.....

so what do you think of the chapter?
comments?