Sequel: Riddle Me This

Love in the Dark

thirty-five

I had been taking the sludge medicine for a few days, and according to Bruce and Alfred, improvements were indeed being made. I was still staying in Bruce's bed, enjoying the feeling of him being next to me. He had a way of feeling like he should have always been there, something that Scarecrow Jonathan never had. I enjoyed waking up to him in the morning, and enjoyed smiling at him.

There were nights when I fell asleep in his arms and woke up with no one near me. On those nights, I would curl up into a ball, sitting with my back against the head rest and hug my knees to my chest until he came back in the room, always holding a glass of milk. He would hand it to me, saying that he was in the kitchen. Laying down next to me, I would notice cuts and bruises that were never there before and lay wondering what could have happened.

Finally, I decided that I was going to do something about it. One night, when I knew he was gone, I hid my anxiety and went downstairs, looking for any sign of him. I started in the kitchen, but he wasn't there. Puzzled as to where to go next, I racked my mind for any possibility.

Then I remembered the piano.

Running into the library where the piano was, I hit the same chords I had played before, and one of the shelves in the library opened revealing an elevator. Going onto the metal structure, I went down and found a pathway that lead into a cave. I walked carefully, not having anything to protect my feet from the rocks that paved the way.

It took me a total of ten minutes to get to where I apparently wanted to be. I was amazed by what I saw. Looking around, I found computers, tables, lights, a wall of what looked to be weapons, and a large black tank.

I looked around and found a man in front of a wardrobe, and I gasped. He turned around, and I ducked behind a shelving unit quickly, my heart racing.

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.

Batman?

I took the chance and peaked around the corner, but didn't see him standing there anymore. I slowly came out of hiding, and looked around for him, but he was gone. I made my way further into the cave and looked around, slowly turning in a circle. When I turned back to where I started I gave a scream as a figure in black leaped at me. Grabbing a hold of me, I screamed again and started to panic.

"Please, don't hurt me," I said, "Please, don't hurt me."

I opened my eyes, my vision being blurred by tears and saw the face of Batman. His eyes were all that I could see, and I gasped.

"Bruce?"

His eyes went wide and he let me go, taking a step back. I wiped my eyes and just looked at him.

"You shouldn't be here," he said, his voice low and raspy.

I said nothing, but went up to him, moving so that there was still space between us, "Bruce? Is... that really you?"

He didn't say anything, but stayed where he was. I reached out my hand and touched his suit, feeling the synthetic material. I ran my fingers slowly up his chest, and then to his face. My breathing became quicker as I traced the edges of his mask, and his eyes watched me. I wanted to take it off, to see that the dark protector of Gotham City was indeed the boy I grew up with, but something stopped me. Instead, I wanted to find out a different way.

Cupping the back of his neck, I pulled myself up to him, and placed a kiss on his lips. I was about to pull away, but he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. We stood in the middle of this cave kissing. I shivered and he held me closer, picking me up and taking me over to a table where he sat me down. The cold metal caused me to gasp, but it was stifled by the kiss.

Batman's hands roamed around my upper body, and mine did the same, feeling the muscles under his outfit that all felt very familiar. He reached up and took off his cape, lifting me to place it on the table. Setting me down he moved me to allow me to lay down, and he moved to be on top.

Together, we tried to figure out the best way to take off his uniform, me mostly letting him do it because it was his. When all was said and done, all that was left was his mask. He raised the large shirt that I had on and his hands played with my underwear, the feeling of him hard as a stone against me drove me crazy.

I pulled his underwear down and he did the same for me, entering me and I arched my back calling out. His lips attached themselves to my collar bone, his teeth nipping at the skin. I laid back down and looked into his eyes, the mask still surrounding them. My hands gripped his shoulders and we moved, and I pulled him down to kiss him again.

My legs wrapped around him to hold him closer to me, and our pace quickened, and my cries were getting louder, echoing in the cave. I looked up and the image of bats fluttering above us gave this experience a level of weird, but I didn't care at the moment. I moved my hands from his shoulders and up to his mask. I kissed him again as I came closer, and he pulled out, allowing me to finish him with my hands and he did the same to me.

When we both came, he stayed over me, the two of us breathing heavily. I looked up at him and began to trace the edges of his mask again. His hand moved up to mine, and he helped me slide my fingers under the mask and remove it.

My eyes watered as I looked at the real face of the man who saved me all of those times. I let the tears fall down the side of my face as I looked into the eyes of the man who had been saving my life this entire time.

It was then that I realized that I was truly in love with him. That nothing in this world could ever change that.

It was then that I realized that I had always been in love with him ever since we were little and arguing about how I wouldn't be his girlfriend.

It was then that I realized, that I would never have to be afraid, because the man I loved, would always be there to save me.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!

Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented.
I'm sorry that you had to wait forever to this very anti-climactic ending, but still. Thank you.

Any final comments?