Status: Working on both this and my other story....

Life in the Bullpen

Chapter 3

The next day Mikayla exited the elevator at 0700. She noticed how the entire floor went quiet once she did. Great, they’re already talking about me. How fast does news travel around here?

Ignoring the stares from everyone, especially the ones coming from her team, Mikayla walked to the bullpen. It was then she realized all of the desks were taken.

“Yours is the one over there.”

“Oh my fu-“ Mikayla yelled as she twirled around to face Gibbs. “-dge.”

He was pointing to a desk all by itself in the corner, cut off from the rest of the team by something like a screen.

Mikayla just stared at it for a minute, then looked back at Gibbs, only to find that he had mysteriously disappeared. With a sigh, she slowly walked over to it, muttering “Giving me a freaking heart attack on the first day. Probably have to go to Ducky now to check for damn heart problems.” She sat down in her chair, spinning it around in boredom.

Little did she know the entire team had heard her, and was thinking the same thing: She better get used to it.

One Week Later

Mikayla was slowly getting used to her team. McGee had talked to her a couple times, even inviting her to lunch one day, but Tony and Ziva still kept their distance.

She had just come up from Abby’s lab, and was sitting at her desk, which was still separate from the rest of the team. So she started to doodle on her desktop, a habit she got from school, when a phone rang out.

“Yeah Gibbs.”

There was silence for a couple seconds, and then Gibbs replied.

“Yep, on our way.” He hung up. “Dead Naval Petty Officer found in a DC dump. Grab your gear.”

Mikayla jumped out of her seat, excitement flowing through her. She knew she shouldn’t be excited for someone being dead, but it was her first case! She quickly grabbed her backpack, badge and gun and ran to the elevator. Thank you Abby for telling me what ‘grab your gear’ meant.

When they arrived at the crime scene, all five agents covered their noses.

“Oh great I won’t get this stink out of me and my clothes for days!” Tony whined.

“For once Tony, I agree with you,” said McGee. “Same here,” Ziva said too.

“Then take a really good bath DiNozzo. Get to work!” Gibbs yelled to his agents. They all went to it, taking pictures, getting witness statements and sketching.

Mikayla walked over to Gibbs, who was waiting for Ducky to get there.

“Sooo Gibbs?” she started.

“Yeah.”

“Uhhh…what should I do?” she finished pretty lamely.

“You’re to just observe. Best way to learn the ropes around here,” he said, then walked away to Ducky, who had just arrived.

What! He just wants me to fucking observe? But it’s my first crime scene!

She walked over to the truck and sat there gloomily, her excitement gone as she started observing the team.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter is here! Yay!!! I'm shocked at how fast I'm posting this story....especially with the fact on how busy I'm going to get soon....ugh i really don't like school...

So comment please! All comments will be loved with some TLC and cupcakes!