Status: Complete

Every Time You Fall Apart You Can Hide Here In My Arms

Prologue

Image

Freedom.

That's all he wanted. Not that his job was restricting per say, but he often felt that there were straps over his shoulders holding him back from just...hanging out.

Matt Sanders climbed out of his best friend, and fellow band mate Zacky Baker's car and stepped out onto the side walk in front of his childhood home. They'd just come off a six month tour, and it'd been a grueling one at that. Non stop traveling, sleeping on a cramped bus with four other dudes, one interview after another, autograph sessions, dealing with crazed fans and irate girlfriends. All he wanted at the moment was to get in the shower then lay down on a real bed for a nap.

"Hey, I'll be back in an hour to pick you up." Zacky was leaning across the passenger seat looking out the open door up at Matt.

Matt sighed. Scratch the whole nap idea..

"Yeah, I'll be ready."

Zacky nodded in recognition. "Alright, later man."

Matt slammed the door and Zacky pulled away from the curb. He felt like he was in a movie with his bag at his side on the side walk, while he stared up the pathway to the house. Unfortuneately, unlike the movie idea, his neighbors were relentless.

"Matt!"

Matt watched as the two girls living next door hurried across their lawn, and his parent's lawn towards him.

"How was the tour?" the tallest one squeaked.

"Good," he eyed them both over. They looked good but were nothing memorable. And it wasn't that they weren't his type, because he was sure they were, he just wasn't interested at the moment.

"Meet any ladies?" the other inquired. He was use to chicks seeing if he was single or not. Some of them however didn't care.

"A few," he rubbed the back of his neck and locked eyes with them. "Listen, I have to get going."

"We're having a party tonight. You guys should come over."

Party. That was a word that he'd worn the hell out of over the past half a year. Though, he wasn't so completely sick of it that he had to say no.

He nodded, "sure, I'll see what the guys are up to."

"Alright," both girls giggled and turned around to go back towards their house.

Matt shook his head and laughed to himself as he picked up his bags and began up the walkway.

The shorter one turned around again for one last look, and no doubt the final word as she called to him, "see you tonight, Matt."

He side glanced and nodded in acknowledgement before heading up the steps into the house.

A feeling of ease hit him immediately as he stood in the entry way. The interior of the home was exactly the same since he'd moved out. It was an odd, yet pleasing feeling. It really felt like coming home.

"Matt!"

Matt smiled at the sound of his mother's voice and turned around just in time to catch her in his arms for a hug. His father came around the corner from the kitchen grinning and extending his hand for a hand shake and a quick pat on the back like men do.

"So, how was it?"

Matt smiled at his mom as she picked up his bag. He knew she had only one thing on her mind despite the fact that she was asking other questions. That word was laundry. It was like her own...comfort thing, he guessed. Must've made her feel more like the mom that she'd once been able to be before her only boy moved out.

"It was good," he ran his hand over his head through his short hair. "Long though."

"Well, you're room is just as it was if you wanna take a nap."

Matt smiled, his mother knew him too well.

"I'll think about it, but I really need a shower right now."

His dad laughed, "well don't let us hold ya back, son."

"Thanks for doing my laundry, mom" he cracked a grin at her before heading up the stairs two at a time to his room. She hadn't lied. His room was exactly the same. He closed the bedroom door and headed for his bathroom, closing that door behind him as well.

He turned on the shower before placing his hands on the counter to take a bit of weight off his feet by leaning forward slightly. He hung his head for a moment before standing up straight again and looking at his reflection in the mirror above the sink.

"You look like hell, Matt," he muttered to himself before turning around to strip off his clothes and step into the shower. He hoped this would wash away all the shit he'd been dragged through because he had a sneaking suspition that the shit about to come, was going to be far more foul.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading
Comments?