Status: Complete

Every Time You Fall Apart You Can Hide Here In My Arms

I Can't Cook

Austin flopped down onto her bed and let out a sigh that was a combination of frustration and relief. She'd just spent the last hour or so talking with Matt, and he was persistant she'd give him that. But he was also irrisistable, which was ultimately her downfall. She had agreed to try their relationship again, and because of that he was now outside locking up his car.

With little time left before he returned she grabbed her pajamas which consisted of a white wife beater and pink, green and white striped pajama pants then headed to the bathroom and changed. When she came back Matt was laying on her bed in jeans and a t-shirt and bare feet. Her cat Ghost was laying on top of him purring like a ferrari as Matt petted his head.

"Sick," she muttered playfully, closing her bedroom door partway despite them being the only ones in the house.

Matt's thick laughter filled the room, "what's sick?"

She moved to her dresser, pulled her hair from her pony tail and picked up her brush. "My cat likes you more than me, and he doesn't even know you."

"I told you I was a wanted man."

Rolling her eyes Austin quickly brushed out her hair then shut the room light off before returning to the opposite side of her bed. "You don't have to sleep in your clothes."

Matt sat up slowly allowing Ghost to get off at his own pace. "Is that a request for me to get naked?" he grinned through the darkenss.

Austin laughed and pulled back the covers, as Matt crawled off the bed. "I never said naked."

"But you never said I couldn't either," he peeled his t-shirt over his head and Austin was able to admire everything due to the moonlight shining through her bedroom window. The last time she'd seen him, this naked, not counting the other night, he'd only had one tattoo, and wasn't nearly as obsessed with working out. But Austin had to admit, everything had definitly paid off for him.

He caught her looking and simply smiled, "what?"

"Nothing," she shook her head slightly and rolled onto her stomach so she could still see him, "it's just that...the last time we were this comfortable with each other was five years ago, and it feels like we never missed out on those five years."

Matt nodded before unzipping his jeans and letting them fall to the floor. The bed dipped and Austin smiled as Matt laid down beside her on his back, sliding his arms above his head.

"I know what you mean. Fuck the last time I laid down beside you to sleep was in New York."

Austin squeezed her eyes shut and opened them again trying to tell herself that this was real. Matt was really there, "and when I woke up the next morning you were gone."

Matt caught the hint of sadness in her voice and turned his head to look at her, "but I'm here now, Austin."

She smiled softly, "I know."

Now that he was able to, and because he wanted to he reached out and pulled her against him. She slipped her arm across his stomach and rested her head on his chest just below his shoulder. This was perfect. The way she always thought it would be between them.

After he left the first time, she had a hard time envisioning crawling into bed beside someone else and cuddling up to them. In the end, she'd decided that she was destined to be single because no one would live up to her standards that were Matt Sanders.

He kissed her on the forehead, "and I'll be here in the morning," he whispered softly.

Those comforting words were the last she heard before drifting off to sleep.

***

When she woke up it was an entirely different story. This was the second time she'd woken up by sticking her face into something un-pillow-like. Thanking god it wasn't another condom wrapper she lifted her head a little more. It was a note. Panicked she looked around the room, Matt and his clothes were gone. This was all to familiar.

Scrambling out of bed she headed for the door. She threw it open and was about to run out into the hall when she smacked into a solid wall of muscle.

"Jesus, where's the fire?"

Looking up she couldn't help but laugh as Matt's eyes locked on hers.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

She sighed and leaned forward, placing her forehead to his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. "Nothing," she muttered.

"Did you read my note?"

She stood up straight and shook her head as he ran his fingers through her hair, pushing it back out of her eyes. "I Didn't have time?"

"Didn't have time?" he repeated slowly, a puzzled look on his face.

She couldn't believe she'd reacted the way she did, "I didn't know where you went."

Matt cupped her face with his hands making her look up at him. "I told you I'd still be here in the morning."

She removed her hands from his body and smirked, "well forgive me if I don't exactly trust your word," she stepped around him and headed for the kitchen which she had to admit smelled very good.

"Well we'll have to work on that," Matt caught up to her. "I made breakfast."

She glanced at him over her shoulder and smiled, "I didn't know you could cook."

Matt made a face that caused Austin to laugh, "I can't cook."

She laughed harder and inspected his attempt at omlettes, "you did pretty good."

If she went and got dressed now she'd have time to eat then head to work. Maybe even time for a shower. She glanced up at the clock in her kitchen and gasped.

"Are you serious? It's almsot noon," she went to run past him back to her bedroom but he caught her.

"Whoa, there," he laughed, keeping his arms around her.

"Matt I have to go, Mica is probably shitting bricks trying to figure out what to do."

Matt was shaking his head the whole time. "I talked to Mica," he stated calmly and Austin quit fidgeting in his arms.

"And?" she pressed.

"And you don't have to go to work today."

"What? I have to work everyday. This account isn't going to get finished by itself."

"You're right. But taking one day off won't hurt," Matt wrapped his arms around her, locking his hands behind her back making it impossible for her to go anywhere, "please?"

She stared up at him fully prepared to fight him so that she could go to work. But, like the first time, one look into his eyes changed her entire thought process and she was giving in.

"Alright," she relaxed in his arms, "one day off, but next time ask me about it first."

"Deal," he grinned and released her, "let's have some breakfast."

***

A couple hours later she was walking hand in hand with Matt down the stairs in his arpartment building to his apartment. When he unlocked the door Austin wasn't surprised to find Johnny and Zacky and Rev sitting in the living room with Syn standing up in the middle of the room holding his shirt up.

"Matt, check this shit out," he grinned, turning sideways so Matt could see his newest tattoo of a ship on his side.

"Hey, Austin," he smiled when he saw her.

"Hey," she smiled greeting everyone not just Syn.

"Did it hurt?" she asked him as she sat down beside Johnny.

Syn nodded and lowered his shirt when Matt finished inspecting it. "Yeah, when it's on your ribcage it makes your entire body vibrate," he sat down beside Zacky, "fairly unpleasant."

"I bet," Matt nodded.

"So what are you two up to?" Rev asked, trying to keep the curiousity of them traveling together out of his voice.

"I just came to change," he glanced at Austin who smiled softly, "and grab some more clothes."

Zacky furrowed his eyebrows together, "where are you going?"

"He's staying at my place," Austin said softly.

"We're going to try this again," Matt finished the explanation. By this all the guys knew what he meant.

"Really?" Rev grinned and leaned back into the recliner he was perched in. One leg crossed over the other, his sunglasses on, and his hands in the front pockets of his pants.

Syn still bad for never really appoligizing to Austin so he hoped this would work, "well I hope all goes well for you."

Austin smiled and locked eyes with Syn, "thanks."

"So how did you get out of work today?" Johnny changed the subject knowing full well that it would ease the tension in the room.

"Took the day off," Austin explained, "gonna spend the day just hanging out I guess." She glanced up at Matt. "I haven't done that in a long time so I don't even know where to start."

"I'll find us something to do," Matt grinned, "but I'll be back."

Austin waited in the living room and chatted with the guys while Matt went and did his thing. About half an hour later he returned, showered, changed and with some clean clothes.

"Hey before you leave, there's been a change of plans. We're all invited for a barbecue supper tonight at Suzy and Papa G's," Syn informed them. "So make sure you're there around five."

"Thanks," Austin stood up and headed towards the door to put her shoes on, Matt did the same.

"See you guys tonight," he waved and they headed out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading