Status: Complete

Every Time You Fall Apart You Can Hide Here In My Arms

Not Going Anywhere

Austin smiled at Mica who was sitting at her desk finishing up some of the day's paper work. "Are you done yet, woman?"

"Not yet," Mica shook her head, "what's your rush?"

Austin sighed and sat down on the edge of the desk, "I'm suppose to hang out with Matt tonight."

"Oooh," she perked up, "like an actual date?"

"I suppose," Austin thought about it for a moment.

"Then go," she leaned back in her chair, "I'll catch a cab home."

"I don't wanna just leave you here," Austin was serious, she wasn't ditching her best friend for anyone. Matt could wait.

"Go," she insisted. "You two need to work shit out anyway," she waved her hands at Austin, "now get off my desk."

"Mica," Austin stated slowly.

"Go," she insisted, "I'll catch a cab. And I'll talk to you day after tomorrow."

Austin though about that statement, "you aren't going to be here tomorrow?"

Mica shook her head and smiled, "I am, but you aren't."

Austin went to speak but Mica held up her hand and stopped her, "Matt and I chit chatted. You're taking the day off."

"Mica," Austin sighed, "I can't be taking any more days off, or I'm never going to get this account done."

"You just shush," Mica was now ushering her out the door, "go have fun with Matt."

Austin was about to protest again but Mica closed the office door in her face. Defeated she headed down to the parking garage to her car then headed home. When she pulled into the driveway, Matt's vehicle was parked along the curb. He was leaning against the hood of his car, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I thought you had a key to the house," Austin grabbed her bag and car keys, locking the car door and slamming it shut.

"I do," he stated as he began walking towards her, a smile plastered on his face, "but you're only going to be in there for a few minutes anyway."

"Why?" she asked as he suddenly picked her up and carried her to her front door. She laughed and clung to his shoulders even though she should be mad. She could walk just fine.

"Because you're going to pack, and then we're leaving."

He unlocked her door with his key and carried her inside. She pushed the door shut with her fingertips. He carried her down the hall to her bedroom and tossed her on the bed.

Her bag and keys fell somewhere on the floor.

Matt grinned and climbed over top of her. She wasn't sure what had gotten into him, but she kinda liked it.

"Where are we going?" she asked him.

He held his body inches above hers by his arms.

"I rented a beach house."

She locked eyes with him, "are you serious?"

He nodded, "yeah. You don't wanna come with me?"

It wasn't that she didn't want to go with him. It was that she was nervous as hell to go with him. Her and Matt was still a new concept even though it was so old. She wasn't entirely sure how to act around him yet. But then again, maybe a get away with Matt is what she needed.

"I wanna go," she whispered.

He grinned and lowered himself slightly, brushing his lips over hers, they parted voluntarily but he merely teased her with his tongue before getting up off her.

"Now go get packed."

She layed there stunned for a moment. Every part of her wanted to jump up, grab him and throw him back down on the bed, but the other part of her, wanted it to be right. That typical, I want the perfect moment deal. But the fact was, that it was too late for that. They'd already slept together once. They were drunk mind you, but it'd still happened just the same.

"Give it up, Austin, the fairty tale was blown to hell a long time ago," she muttered to herself as she got up off the bed. She packed some clothes, make-up and hair stuff then headed into the living room.

Matt was filing up Ghost's automatic water dispenser. The cat was incesantly rubbing between and against his legs.

Austin smiled, as she set her bag down on the counter and filled up the cat's food dish.

"Ready to go?" Matt asked as he dried his hands.

Austin took one sweep of the house with her eyes and nodded, "yeah let's go."

***

Austin dozed on and off on the way to the house. When they got there, Matt woke her up gently and they headed through the dark into the house. It was small and cozy.
After a quick go over, they found themselves on the back porch which was directly on the beach. The salty breeze and the moon hitting the water made everything that much more beautiful.

"It's nice hey?"

Austin glanced at Matt then returned her gaze back out over the ocean, the waves softly lapping against the sand "it's amazing."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. After a few minutes she finally relaxed into his arms. She placed her arms over top of his and he swayed them slightly in the breeze. He rested his chin on the top of her head and tightened his arms around her waist.

"Did you really miss me, Matt?"

Matt stopped swaying them.

"When you left," she added.

It was a random question yet it held so much power.

"I though about you all the time, Austin. You may not think it, but it was hard for me to leave you. I loved you."

She was quiet for a moment, "loved?"

"Love," he corrected himself, "I never stopped loving you."

He couldn't see it but she was smiling softly, "so then all this isn't for nothing?"

Now he had to turn her around. It was hard to tell what she was feeling, he needed to see it as well.

"You think this is all for nothing?" he asked as he pulled her close again, hugging her against his body. His eyes swept over hers.

She locked eyes with him, "I hope not. Because you're making me fall in love with you again. And I can't handle another disappearing act, Matt. I really can't. It will kill me."

His large hands cupped her face, brushing his thumbs over her cheeks, "I'm not going anywhere, Austin."

She smiled and he brushed his lips over hers. She shivered slightly as the cold metal of his lip ring pressed against her lips. That simple kiss never stayed simple. Matt turned it more passionate. When she finally pulled her lips from his for a breather he picked her up and carried her inside.

She brushed her lips over his cheek and finally back down to his mouth, making it difficult for him to navigate his way to the bedroom. But he found it none the less. He lowered her to the bed and slid over top of her.

This time was different. She knew what was happening, and she wanted it. Matt said he'd loved her. Whether he really did or not didn't matter at the moment. He'd said what she needed to hear.

He nipped at her neck and she moaned his name in response as his naked body moved rhythmically over top of hers. She was lost somewhere between reality and a dream. Her hands were everywhere, moving slowly over every part of his body that she could possibly reach. Her lips almost permanently attatched to his.

He brought them to the edge and pushed them both over in a wave of pleasure. He breathed deeply near her neck for a moment before kissing her softly and rolling them over so she was half laying on top of him.

She slid her hand across the deathbat on his stomach, snuggling into his very warm body, her cheek rested on his chest.

He brushed her hair back out of her eyes so he could see her better, "thank you."

She couldn't help but laugh as she looked up at him. He read her expression and smiled, "well, thank you for the sex, but I meant thank you for giving me a second chance."

She smiled softly, "well, you're not completely forgiven, Matt. Something tells me that if I forgive you completely and forget everything, that it'll come back to bite me in the ass."

He nodded in understanding, "well for what it's worth, I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, I really am."

Content for the moment, she kissed him softly before shuffling down his body again, resting her head on his chest and listening to the rhythmic thump of his heart beat as she dozed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading