Status: Complete

Every Time You Fall Apart You Can Hide Here In My Arms

Where I Need To Be

Matt followed Austin into the house, locking the door behind them. Upon hearing the door, Ghost was immediately at their feet, purring and rubbing up against Matt.

"He missed you," Austin smiled softly.

Matt smirked and followed her into the kitchen. The cat at their heels. He took a seat at the table as Austin grabbed two glasses out of the cupboard.

"Do you want something to drink?"

He continued to look at his hands, "do you have anything with a high alcohol content?"

She frowned and he looked up at her, "I'm kidding. Water will do."

Content with his answer she poured some cold water from the fridge, passing him his glass before taking a seat beside him.

"Rev was such a mess," Matt mustered as he fiddled with the ring on his middle finger, "I can't even imagine how that feels. I mean, if Mattie..."

Austin cut him off be reaching out and placing her hand over top of both of his, "don't think like that Matt. Mattie was given to you for a reason, just like I'm sure their baby was taken for a reason. These things are beyond our control. You can't beat yourself up about things like that."

He stared at her hand on his, before sliding his fingers through hers. To his surprise she didn't pull away. Hell, after everything he put her through, he was amazed she was even willing to sit next to him, let alone trying to mend his bleeding heart.

"Why do you want to be with me?" he asked straight out.

She sucked in her breath and he heard it because he looked directly at her. Everything about her life was filing through her brain. She had friends. She had her best friend. She had a house. A cat that loved her. A job that she enjoyed very much. She had everything. Everything except where love was concerned. She'd tried dating other guys. She'd considered James as an option. But in the end, it was Matt. It was always Matt.

"Because I need you in my life," she admitted, "I could walk away now, and pretend to go on with my happy life. But it would only be that. Me pretending. I'd never be happy with anyone else...at least not when I'm always comparing them to you."

"I'm a fucking mess," Matt admitted, "there isn't much to compare to."

"We've known each other for what...twenty years? Matt, I know what I want. I'm not a kid anymore. Yeah, you have your faults, but doesn't everyone? I haven't met a perfect person yet."

Matt smirked, "I have," he studied the confused look on her face, "don't give me that look. You're perfect. You care about everyone. Watching you tonight was amusing. We have problems, and I know they're hurting you. Yet, you threw them aside. You helped Leana and Rev. And I know something happened between you and Val. You've taken Maddison under your wing, even though she's the baby of your cheating ex. You've tried to patch me back together even though I'm beyond repair," he paused for a moment, "and you haven't asked for a damn thing from me, and you're still here."

He was covering his ass, and she was gonna cry again. She was losing herself in his blue eyes as he spoke.

"I love you Matt," a few tears escaped her eyes and she frantically wiped them away, "and I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to."

"No sweetheart, that's the last thing I want," he pushed himself up out of his chair, moving to her side and picking her up.

"You're the best thing that could ever happen to me," he whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he kissed her softly, "for everything, especially concerning James."

She nodded slightly and pressed her forehead against his, "you're forgiven," she replied softly.

His lips pressed against hers and he kept them there while he walked through her house to her bedroom.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, holding her on his lap. His hands sliding over her hips and around to her back. A need to touch her skin and be closer to her was growing inside him. His fingers slipped under her shirt and slid slowly up her back, across her shoulders and back down.

She whimpered something and found his lips with her own, parting them with the tip of her tongue and moaning softly into his mouth. His hands found their way to the front of her body, unbuttoning her blazer. Taking his time as he focused on just kissing her.

He nibbled along her jaw and slowly down the side of her neck. The little noises she was making within her throat were driving him wild.

"Matt," she whimperd as his hands slipped inside her blazer and caressed her stomach through the silk of her top.

He smiled and kissed her neck softly, breathing in her scent as she removed her blazer and let it fall to the floor.

He moved the thin straps of her top off to the side and kissed her shoulder softly. She shivered under his touch and that only ignited him. Unable to find a clasp, zipper or button he finally resorted to pulling her silk top over her head which enabled him to nibble across her chest above her breasts.

She whimpered in response and pulled away, causing him to sit up straight. She grabbed the bottom of his dress shirt and lifted it up over his head, tossing it to the floor with her own clothes as she moved her hands over his upper body. Feeling the rippling muscles underneath his warm tattooed flesh as she went.

She wanted him. No, she needed him. Needed to feel his body slide against hers. Needed to feel his weight pressing her against her silky sheets. Needed to hear his moans of passion as he pleased them both.

"Mmmm, that was sexy," he teased as he stopped what he was doing and locked eyes with her.

She froze. What had she done?

He laughed softly and unclasped her bra, helping her out of it and tossing it aside, "the little growl you just made."

She flushed. What she'd been thinking about had actually caused her to emit a sound of passion.

He noticed her flusterd state and went for the button to her pants, "it was sexy," he repeated, pressing his pierced lips to her own.

She smiled into the kiss before rolling off his body and laid back on the bed beside him. He took the hint, and helped her out of her pants. Leaving her in just her panties as he ditched his own dress pants.

She stood up long enough to pull the blankets back on the bed. In that moment he approached her from behind. Wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her neck softly. She placed her hands over top of his as they slid slowly up her stomach to her chest. She turned her head and kissed him over her shoulder, flicking her tongue lightly against his causing him to groan.

She pulled away and smiled with her accomplishment before ditching her panties and crawling into bed. Matt followed suit, his boxers sliding off his hips and too the floor in record time before joining her.

"Let's warm this place up," he whispered softly as he maneuvered himself over top of her body, holding his weight with one arm as he pulled the blankets up around them with his free hand.

****************************************************************************************************

When Austin rolled over she bumped into Matt and he groaned.

"Sorry babe," she muttered, propping herself up and looking him over, "did I hurt you?"

He laughed softly and brushed her hair back from her eyes, "no, I don't think you could ever hurt me, it's not in your nature."

She smirked, "you don't think I could do it?"

He grinned in response, "are you going to turn this into a contest? Because I don't wanna play if I'm going to get hurt."

Her smirk softened, "you're a wussy."

His eyes widened, "that hurts."

"Oh I'm sure it does," she mocked before slipping a leg over his waist and moving until she was straddling his lap.

His eyes wandered up her body until they met hers, "you're beautiful."

She couldn't help but smile. It was what he did to her, "thank you," she whispered.

His hands slid slowly up her thighs, and she shifted slightly, the need to have him again beginning to grow in the pit of her stomach as her hands caressed his chest.

"You alright there?" he asked seductively of her position.

"I'm right where I need to be," she assured him.
♠ ♠ ♠
One More Chapter Dears.
<333 Thanks For Reading