Sequel: Love Letters

Click

Chapter One

It was bullshit.

There was really only one word for it and that was it.

Really, what the hell did they mean by "you could find your soul mate in just five seconds!"? Honestly, it was impossible. No one, not even the damn Internet, could match you up with someone in five seconds. It was absolute bullshit.

The bad thing about the website I was visiting was that if you just typed in the address, you had to create a username for yourself, or they wouldn't let you go any further.

So I picked one, and went for something classic.

ThisWebsiteSucks.

Simple, effective, and not a lie at all.

And automatically after I entered that as my official username, right in the center of the screen in big, bold, pink and green capital letters, appeared the words "CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR VIRTUAL FAIRYTALE!"

I scoffed. The only reason I was visiting the website in the first place was because my two best friends told me to give it a try. It was the new thing around our school lately. Some girl created a website to hook up two people that were most compatible based on their personality and not what they looked like. I understood where she was coming from since lately, all people cared about were appearances but honestly, it was still a load of crap. Chances were, it would just lead you to some random person that had absolutely nothing in common with you at all.

There was a little comment box on the bottom of the page so I automatically clicked on that and began publishing my thoughts.

You've got to be freaking kidding me. I typed. No one's that stupid to try this. It's completely ridiculous.

I clicked the send button and a "thank you for submitting your opinion to us!" page showed up. I rolled my eyes. A shriek erupted from down the hall. I jumped out of my chair and ended up bashing head-first into my older brother, Aiden.

"You heard that too, huh?" I asked him.

"Impossible not to," he said.

We moved down the hall quickly and swung my younger sister, Karlee's door opened, only to see her sitting in front her computer screen, typing away like mad.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked her in a rush.

"I took that online dating chat room thing and met my perfect guy! He is gorgeous!” she screeched. Aiden groaned and walked away. He went back down the hall to his room while I just leaned against the doorway.

I guess I was mistaken; no one sane would go on that website.

"You actually tried that thing?" I asked her, crossing my arms over my chest. "Karlee, you're twelve. You don't need to meet your perfect guy. And online is just crap. That's probably not even what he looks like."

"You're just jealous because you didn't get matched up with someone," she sneered.

"No, I'm really not," I objected, shaking my head. This was one of the problems I had with Karlee—she thought she knew everything, and that just because she met one guy online and I didn’t, she was better than me. Of course, she was still too young to understand that it’s impossible to meet Mr. Right over the internet, and in five freaking seconds.

I turned and left her room, going back into mine. But when I closed the door and went sat down in front of my computer, something caught my eye on the comment box; another user’s comment.

I agree with ThisWebsiteSucks, he had said. I mean, I'm sure all of my friends would be idiotic enough to try this thing, but no one in the world is smart enough to hook you up with someone you want in five seconds. And if they were, it would be completely biased. This website's bullshit. Get better ideas next time.

I smirked. So I wasn't alone on this. I scrolled over the person's username and clicked on it. I was about to leave ThisFails a little message.

Glad to know I'm not the only sane one.

I clicked the send button and leaned back on my chair, biting my fingernail and waiting for a response. And then it came.

Definitely not the only one. It's sad how hyped up people get when they believe people can set them up with their ‘one true love’ before they even have the chance to blink.
I smiled and typed back to them.

And pretty amusing when you talk to them as they’re right in front of you and their heart is totally set on meeting the person. Chances are slim, though. Like one in a hundred million.

Lol, definitely. I'm Blade, by the way. Nice to meet you . . .ThisWebsiteSucks.

I froze. There was a Blade that went to my school. He was a hottie, he was a football star. He was the guy every boy wanted to be, and the guy every girl wanted to be with. He had been in the same school with me since kindergarten but we never spoke. There was no way that it could be him though. Life wasn’t like that. It was just way too creepy.

I replied anyway.

That’s what they call me, lol. I'm Christabelle.

I waited for a second for him to reply. I had talked to people online that I didn’t know before, but it was only because I had nothing better to do with my time and I wanted to screw with horny people’s minds a bit. It was really sad to see just how many guys out there got so lonely that they went online just to tell someone they were turned on by nothing. Either way, when I talked to the rare non-psycho person out there and they asked me my name, they made some snippy comment about how my parents never gave me a chance with it. I knew my name was different from most, but it only really bugged me when someone made fun of me for it. If this was the Blade from school that everyone said was so sweet and understanding, I would have hated to be proven wrong because he made fun of me. Then he replied.

Your name's beautiful.

I smiled.

Okay, so maybe this whole "Virtual Fairytale" thing wasn't so bad after all.