I Told You So

1/1

Adam winced as he tried to sit down without hurting himself. He only ended up failing, quite miserably.

“I told you. Adam, I told you what would happen but did you listen to me? No, of course you didn't! Mr. 'I know everything so don't try to tell me anything' and now look at you.” Tommy said, arms crossed over his chest, an sullen look on his face.

“Tommy Joe...” Adam warned, hissing as his sunburned back touched the rough fabric of the couch.

“Oh, don't 'Tommy Joe' me, Mister!” Tommy practically yelled. “You look like a tomato, Adam! You're fried!” Tommy's eyes were ridiculously wide.

“Really, Tommy? Am I?” Adam asked, snapping. “I'm fucking old enough to-”

“To know better!” Tommy exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. “You're old enough to know better, Adam! You can't go out in the sun with no sunblock on! I don't care what color your hair is now, you're a natural redhead, baby, and y'all fry like fuckin' crazy!”

“Why are you so hysterical? I'm the one that's burnt to a crisp, not you!” Adam yelled right back at him, regretting it almost immediately when his raised voice put strain on his already sore body.

“Because I'm the one that's gonna be looking after your burnt ass.” Tommy glared at Adam, his arms once again crossed over his chest.

“Oh, poor you.” Adam snapped again, rolling his eyes this time.

“No, poor you. Give it time, babyboy. Once the sun goes down for the night, you're gonna be in major pain. If you aren't already.” Tommy said, an all-knowing look in his eye. “And when you feel like you're on fire, don't come crying to me because I'm just gonna say 'I told ya so'.” Turning, Tommy stalked out of the living room, leaving Adam to sulk in silence.

Adam scoffed and rolled his eyes at Tommy's retreating form once more for good measure.

In the end, the sun was actually still in the sky when Adam made his way to Tommy, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. Every inch of his back and chest, his arms and legs, his neck, face and even his fucking toes were burnt! Adam was in more pain than he could ever remember being in.

“T-tommy.” Adam's voice broke, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

Tommy looked up, his eyes softening immediately.

“I told you so.” Tommy whispered as he stood and made his way to Adam, picking up the bottle of Aloe gel he'd set out hours before.

Adam just sniffled and nodded his head. His lips had even burnt, enough so that when he spoke, they cracked and it sent more pain coursing through his body.

“Next time,” Tommy started as he squeezed a fair amount of the blue goop into his hands. “Please listen to me.” Rubbing his hands together to warm the gel, Tommy very carefully applied it to Adam's shoulders first.

Adam hissed. Even with the gel warmed slightly the first touch of it still hurt.

“No more going out without sunblock, okay Adam?” Tommy said, his tone almost childlike.

Adam just nodded, the burn already lifting as the gel did its job.

“Promise me.” Tommy said, his hands stilling on Adam's shoulders. “Promise me next time you'll use the damn sunblock before you go out. I'll even get you the spray on kind so you won't have to get the icky stuff, as you call it, on your hands.” Tommy smirked as he looked up at the younger man.

“Promise.” Adam said, sighing. Tommy was right and even if it hurt him to admit it, Adam had been wrong. He was man enough to admit that. Kinda.

“Good.” Tommy said, smiling this time. Carefully, he applied the cooling gel to Adam's face, spreading it across his burnt cheeks and nose and covering his forehead. As gently as he could, Tommy tip-toed up and pressed his glossy lips to Adam's own burnt ones.

Adam shivered as Tommy's lips pressed against his.

“Now,” Tommy said when he pulled back. “Go into the bedroom. I put a fan in there by the bed for you. It'll help, some, but not much once this stuff dries completely. I'll be up in a little while to reapply it and bring you something to take for the pain.” Tommy smiled.

Adam shuffled his feet but turned and did as Tommy said. He already felt better, relieved even, as the burning in his back and chest were already slacking off.

“Thank you.” Adam whispered as he left the room and Tommy couldn't help but smile.

“Anything for you, babyboy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: So uh, no smut. o.O What is the world coming to?! I wanted to try my hand at an Adommy oneshot w/out smut to see how I'd do...so tell me, how'd I do? Remember, this is only after I've written 6 Adommy smutty oneshots, LOL. Hope you liked it. =)