Its Time

1/1

The shrill ringing of Adam's cell phone was what woke him at nearly three o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday. Silently cursing whoever it was and their mother, Adam rolled over and reached out for it, knocking the clock onto the floor in the process.

“What?” Adam snapped, his eyes still closed as he had every intention of yelling at said person on the other end of the line and then going back to sleep.

“Its time.” Came an all to calm voice and Adam's eyes snapped open.

“Its time?”

“Yeah, its time. Like, now. So wake Tommy up and get your asses down here!” The voice chuckled before hanging up.

“Shit, fuck, oh my god.” Adam rambled before rolling over and shaking his husband of less than a year awake. “Tommy, fuck, wake the hell up! Its time!” Adam yelled.

Unlike Adam, Tommy didn't jerk awake. He didn't freak out, or start cursing. He didn't trip over his own two feet while trying to pull his pants on or nearly break his neck taking the stairs three at a time instead of walking down them like a normal person. No, instead, Tommy got up, took a shower, got dressed, did his hair and even applied a small amount of makeup. All while Adam had a small sort of breakdown.

“Tommy Joe, I swear to God, if you don't hurry your ass up, I will leave you here!” Adam yelled from the living room and Tommy could only chuckle as he lifted the still steaming hot cup of coffee to his lips. Adam wouldn't leave him, he couldn't. Not when Tommy had the keys to the car.

It had been a long ride, getting to where they were now, married, and for Tommy he was still surprised that Adam, Adam Lambert, glam rock singer and American Idol runner-up, had ever settled down. But he had and Tommy couldn't have been happier.

“TOMMY!” Adam's ridiculously loud voice broke Tommy's thoughts and before he knew it, had him making his way towards his husband.

“Yeah?”

Adam turned, again nearly tripping over his own two feet, his eyes wide as he look at Tommy.

“Are you ready yet?” Adam asked, his voice showing a mix of excitement, fear and hesitation.

“Hm, yeah. I've been ready for a while now actually.” Tommy said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I, you, what? Then why are we still here?!”

“Maybe because you need to chill first?” Tommy suggested. “I mean, do you really wanna walk out of the house in that?”

Adam looked down and groaned. Of course he'd pulled on a pair of flannel pajama bottoms, the ones with little cupcakes all over them. Looking up at Tommy, he glared before running back up the stairs to change.

It was another fifteen minutes before the married couple were finally out the door, Tommy opting to drive because no way was he letting Adam behind the wheel of a car, not as jittery as he was.

“Tommy, please, can we just...hurry.” Adam said, biting his bottom lip. “ I don't wanna miss it.”

“You won't, babyboy. You won't.” Tommy said as he reached over and patted Adam's knee.

When Tommy pulled into the hospital parking lot, Adam was out the door before Tommy had the car in park. Grinning, Tommy turned off the car and locked the doors before taking off after his husband. He caught up to him as he was trying to get in through security.

“Listen, whoever you are, I'm supposed to be here so you might as well let me through those doors now before I really get angry.” Adam threatened, not sure what good it would do.

Before Tommy could say anything, or Adam again for that matter, the doors opened and Tommy breathed a sign of relief.

“It will never not be weird seeing those two together,” Adam mumbled as he gripped Tommy's hand tight and took off in the direction of Cale and Brad.

“Oh, thank god you're here!” Brad exclaimed as he untangled himself from Cale, the smaller man rushing to Adam's side. “I didn't think this one was ever going to shut up.” Brad smirked.

“Not much better on my end.” Tommy said, raising an eyebrow at Adam.

“Oh god, you too?” Brad whined. “God, you'd both think you'd never been around babies before!”

“Uh, hello,” Adam started, eyes wide. “I haven't!”

“Doesn't help any even if you have,” Cale said, fidgeting where he stood. “Not when its-”

“KRIS!” Brad and Tommy both yelled at the same time, identical smiles on their faces, as they rushed to their friend.

“Guys, hey, you're all here, wow.” Kris said, but not actually saying anything at all. His face was pale and his eyes red rimmed. “She's here.” He says, a smile so wide on his face he's sure his cheeks will hurt later on.

Four startled, surprised and excited gasps echo throughout the hallway.

“Is Katy okay?”

“How are you?”

“What's her name?”

“Can we see her?” Adam finally asked and everyone turned to look at him, smiles on their faces.

Kris just smiled and reached for Adam's hand, linking their fingers together and pulling him down the hallway.

“She's this way, guys.” Kris says, motioning for everyone to follow him.

Tommy followed, with Brad on one side of him and Cale on the other, all three men with ridiculously huge smiles on their faces.

When Kris pushed open the door to Katy's hospital room, Adam felt his breathing quicken. Stepping inside, he clutched Kris' hand in his own as his eyes finally landed on Katy, her arms full of a tiny pink blanket.

“Adam.” Katy said, her voice sounding tired but her eyes lighting up. “You made it.”

“I, yeah.” Adam said, not sure what to say.

“Where is-” Katy stops and smiles when Tommy, Brad and Cale walk into the room, everyone smiling now. “Boys.” Katy says, chuckling.

Brad rushed towards Katy's bed, his eyes wide and his arms flailing when he finally sees the small bundle in her arms. Cale is right behind Brad, only after giving Kris a hug, to see who Katy is holding.

Tommy stepped closer to Adam, his arms going out to wrap around Adam's waist.

“Adam?” Tommy's voice is firm, steady, as he looked up at his lover.

“I, she's so tiny and I'm...I don't wanna hurt her.” Adam admitted and Tommy just smiled.

Both men watched as Kris moved across the room and gently picked his daughter up out of Katy's arms, tucking her carefully into his, before turning and looking up at Adam.

“Adam,” Kris said as he stepped closer to his best friend of nearly five years now. “I'd like you to meet Gracie, my daughter.” Kris said with tears in his eyes. “And Gracie,” Kris went on, this time looking down at his brand new baby girl. “I'd like you to meet Adam, your godfather.” Kris looked up when Adam's startled gasp echoed throughout the room.

“Kris, I, no. What about Cale? He's been your friend a lot longer than I have!” Adam exclaimed, looking towards Cale.

“Nope, no way, dude. I am not gonna be responsibly for Kris' kid, no matter how cute she is.” Cale chuckled. “Brad is enough of a handful for me as it is.” He teased.

Brad just smirked, nodding his head in agreement.

“Are you, Kris, are you sure?” Adam asked as Kris stepped closer to him.

Kris just smiled and slowly moved Gracie into Adam's arms.

When Adam looked down and finally, finally saw the little girl they'd all been waiting months to see, he felt tears forming in his eyes. She was beautiful, just like her momma, with pale skin and a the lightest little tuffs of golden blonde hair. But when she opened her eyes, it was all Kris looking up at Adam.

“Oh my god, Kris, Katy, she's beautiful.” Adam managed to say, his voice just barely breaking.

Tommy had to agree, she was beautiful.

Standing in that hospital room, holding Kris' daughter in his arms, with his husband beside of him and some of the best friends a man could ask for, Adam smiled. He was happy, beyond happy, with his life and his family and pretty much everything.

“You okay?” Tommy asked as he ran his fingers across Gracie's forehead, smiling when she opened her eyes again.

“Yeah, baby. I'm good.” Adam said, leaning down and pressing a kiss to Tommy's lips. Tommy just smiled and rested his head on Adam's chest, his eyes locked onto the newest addition to their odd sort of family. “Hey, wait,” Adam said, quietly. “Does this make you her godmother?”

Tommy just grinned and pinched Adam's ass.

“None of that shit when the baby is around!” Brad teased as he moved forward to take Gracie from Adam. “At least until she's old enough to be thoroughly embarrassed by it.” He winked and walked back across the room towards Cale, Gracie now fully awake.

With Kris sitting on the bed beside of a smiling Katy and Cale fumbling all over himself as Brad tried to pass the baby into his arms, Adam couldn't help but think of how lucky he really was. His life was amazing, all because of the people in this room.

“I love you,” Adam said to Tommy, as he tightened his arms around him and pulled him closer.

“Aw, babyboy, I love you too.” Tommy replied, smiling once more.

If someone would have told Adam five years ago that he'd one day be married to his bass player, witness to Brad and Cale being Brad and Cale together, godfather to Kris Allen's daughter and deliriously happy doing something other than performing on stage every night, Adam would have laughed in their face.

Right now though, that was exactly how it was and Adam couldn't have been more thankful.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Woo. I don't even know. But damn, I loved writing this one. Hope you liked it too.