Paper Faces On Parade

Another Awkward Moment.

"The Annual Masquerade dance will be this Friday at 8 P.M., be sure to buy tickets before they run out!"

What a joke, a masquerade dance, so that the the insecure people could actually feel pretty for once. Of course I'd be going, but I thought over about bringing a date for once to an actual dance. Then I realized I already picked one night stands with almost all of the guys that would even consider me.

"Worst tour guide ever," Terrence slumped himself on the chair next to me. We already toured the classrooms that he needed to know. What else did I need to show me? Where the druggies passed out and hoped not to get raped?

"You're welcome," I smirked.

"So you're taking anyone to the dance?" Terrence avoided eye contact. What was this boy trying to play? He's been acting strange around me ever since he got that stupid girlfriend, Jessica.

"Nope, but and not planning to ask anyone," I seriously said. He took a deep breath, and pretended to study whatever was in that damn textbook. Something was on his mind, he really didn't think I was that stupid, right? "Going to take Jessica?"

"Not really sure its working out between us, I mean she's not really my type," he nervously state. Curious, wouldn't he know if she was his type before they even went out? I never exactly ever notice them together at all or having any contact at all. Of course I was never good at a 'healthy' relationship, but I knew that not actually talking wasn't the best.

"So are you going to ask anyone?" I tilted my head to the side. When he looked up at me, I noticed something glimmering in his eyes. I noticed it before when we talked, but now it grew stronger. Some kind of light shimmered, providing hope in that dry heart he had. It caught me off gaurd.

"I'm not sure if this person actually likes me," his face painted red. Him and his different moodswings frustrated me. First he acts like an arrogant jack ass, then some kind of jerk, and now he's normal? Something was going on, I didnt know exactly what might be going on, but I knew it might not be the best.

"Sexy girl?" I chuckled. That caught him off gaurd, widening his eyes like he thought I knew something secretive about him. Well I did, but this seemed to be more different.

"Not exactly, he's a guy," he ruffled his hair to cover his face. Stunned, I was absolutely stunned at what I just heard. He might've been joking, but something about those words made me believe him. I wondered who it was. "So are you ever going to tell me why I'm staying with you?"

"Can't, at least not yet," I happily joined in changing the subject. Both of us wanted to know different things about each other. I decided to actually do something about it. "Want to go to this dance with me?"

"Yeah sure whatever," his voice quickly got higher as he anwsered. This was going to be good, and I couldn't wait for Friday.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!! Didn't see that coming now did you? And if you did.... shut up...

Anyway xD I hope you guys have a happy holidays(:

Tell me what you think!