Paper Faces On Parade

Too Peppy, Too Scary.

At exactly 6:45 I got ready to go to my new school. My head kept pounding and pounding from lack of sleep. That damn blonde kept knocking over and over again on my wooden door, and just wouldn't stop. I tried drowning out the noise by thinking happy thoughts, like that I died last night. Oh, wouldn't that have been nice.

She dropped me off at the corner of the street all by myself. The cool morning air prickled my revealing skin that my clothes just didn't cover up. No sun to greet me a happy morning, or at least blind me and give me an excuse to not go to school. Just clouds piling up one of another, building up darkness instead of light. I wouldn't be surprised if muggers or someone tried to hurt me.

Finally, a yellow bus drove in front of me. I glanced inside, and fear struck a chord in me. When the doors opened, I felt my body stiffen. Did I really want to be stuck on a bus, or could I just run away right now? My brain was rooting for running away, but I had to go on the bus; I didn't know what made me, but I just needed to.

When I got on the bus, I was pretty surprised. The people on the bus actually looked pretty decent then from outside. I noticed a lonely girl all by herself and decided to grace her with my very own presence.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" I smiled with my shiny white teeth. Her eyes lit up when she saw my face and nodded. Did it once again; charmed her.

I sat down next to her on this uncomfortable leather -- it really did bother me so much. Though, I guess it was worth it when getting to sit next to a somewhat beautiful girl herself. She should call herself lucky, I had very picky taste. Though, she had no clue what I might've been thinking at that point.

It stayed quiet for a while. Well, between us it was, with everyone else I felt like I was stuck in a farm. The noise killed most of my brain cells, and my ears may need surgery when I actually get off the bus. Everyone screamed and shouted at one of another. It made me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

When I actually looked at the girl I sat next to, she looked like a complete mess. Her eyes kept closing and opening, probably from lack of sleep. Then her makeup seemed a bit off, probably from lack of sleep again. Maybe she needed some sleep, that would be my first suggestion actually. Sleep is good for the soul.

"I'm Cam, by the way," she finally broke the silence. She smiled at me, she also had really white teeth; good for her.

"I'm Terrence. I just moved here," I calmly stated. I kept up a good visual that I tolerated this whole entire mess. It's harder than it looks, you know? Making them actually believe it, well that was totally hard.

"Feel sorry for you, I wish I was somewhere else," she chuckled to herself. I liked her attitude! She probably felt compelled to run out of this town screaming and running away. Plus she looked attractive, even if she did have a few make up mistakes. I'd probably get her wrapped around my fingers in just hardly three days.

"It can't be that bad here," I lied straight through my teeth. Then she just busted out laughing, like I was joking or something. Well, to be honest I was joking, but she probably thought I meant it.

"You have no idea," she patted my shoulder. From that point on, I knew, just knew that we would be great friends already. Maybe even more, if I make the right moves, well the usual ones of course. Every girl or guy that I wanted, I got without anyone's help. I say it's gift. "I'll even show you around the tortures of this place, instead of some peppy cheerleader."

"I'd really like that," no lie there. Surprised me too, she already started to grow on me. Hopefully she won't mess anything up, and I wouldn't like her anymore. I highly doubted that, but things happen out of nowhere.

The bus stopped all of a sudden, sending everyone practically flying. I toppled on top of Cam, my body slamming onto hers. My face only inches apart from hers, feeling her breath brush against my lips. Her sparkling eyes gazed into mine, deep into what might be my soul.

Quickly, I shot up, trying to recover from the downfall we just encountered. I glanced back down towards the seat. She blushed a bright shade of red, trying to cover up her face from me. That felt pretty awkward, even for me. That stupid bus driver, not actually stopping gently, just stomping his foot on the break.

Hurriedly, I ran off of the bus to stand right in front of my new school. It absolutely disgusted me. The building probably cramped a bunch of students into just one little classroom. Paint chipped off of the walls, cheap brands of course. I expected nothing more though, I admitted to myself. The building looked only big enough to have only one floor for four different grades.

I hesitated once more, wondering if it was all really worth to spend a few hours in a place like that. If I ditched, I bet that wouldn't be so good. Claudia might make me actually do some work! Terrible. Just the thought made me shiver.

When I walked in, people crowded the hallways from left to right. They talked to each other like they weren't even in school. People divided themselves among these certain groups of people that looked like one of another. It seemed like they had these clan things, interested me very much.

I entered the main office, where a bunch of older women sat down at computers. One of them looked up at me, and then glanced back down at their computer. I just stood in the front of the office, waiting for someone to actually help me. They kept on typing, like they actually needed to do something important. I was a student now, and I needed help.

"Are you Terrence?" Finally someone spoke up. The lady that glanced up at me before now stared right at me.

"Yes I am," I proudly said. She then retreated back towards her computer, typing something very quickly. Then I heard a disturbance, the printer caught me by surprise, scaring me. After whatever she printed came out, she handed it over towards me. I looked over it; it was my schedule.

For my first period I had Science. I really disliked science with a passion, but then again, I disliked everything about this place. They took damn attendance at this school, so I couldn't ditch any of my classes. Big disappointment. Maybe Cam would be in this class, she could probably cheer me up.

I headed out the door, facing a ton of people once again. People surrounded the whole school, it turned out harder to find the classroom that way. Everyone chatted to one of another, about different types of things. I heard conversations about sex, a party that was broken up last night, and some more sex. These people sure talked about interesting things, sarcasm noted.

After shoving my way past people, I found the Science room. When I entered the room, most eyes were on me, mostly girls. Smiles shot towards me, some were actually returned. Desks were set up in rows, and some people sat on top of the desks instead of on the chairs. People whispered, probably about me. Eyes crawled up and down my body, wondering what was beneath my clothing.

Then this girl approached me. She had long curly blonde hair that hung down to her shoulders. Shiny blue eyes, that reminded me of my own beautiful bright blue eyes. Her smile seemed like it could stretch on for miles. Was this what Cam meant by a peppy cheerleader? She sure fit the description.

"I'm Alexis, welcome to our school," she held out her hand. People still shook hands? I was never aware of that. I shook her hand, making a small sweet smile.

"I'm Terrence," I introduced myself. She seemed pleased by the way that I looked. Her eyes burned a hole through my body. This Alexis girl couldn't keep her eyes off of me. I could probably get used to something like it. I really did enjoy this first day. Maybe this town did have some fun to offer to me.

"Class take your seats," the teacher announced as she walked through the door. Everyone swiftly moved towards the wooden desks, leaving one open next to Alexis. I sat down next to her, somewhere in the back row. The back felt pretty comfy.

So far in school I only learned a few things. One, girls absolutely adore my face. Two, Cam is in two of my classes; English and History. Three, raising hands don't mean a thing anymore. Then four, lunch time was the best time ever.

Cam saved me a spot over in the corner of the cafeteria. Alexis practically begged me to sit with her, but I liked Cam more than her. I had bought some nachos and a Dr. Pepper from the lunch line. When I sat down at the table, the whispers started again like a cue.

"Guys this is Terrence," Cam smiled at me. I noticed a guy practically glaring at me, what was his problem? Then there was a girl, staring at me curiously, while tilting her head. The rest of the table didn't pay that much attention to Cam. "Terrence this is Jessica and Dixon."

"Well a first! He's hot," Jessica squealed. I chuckled to her pointing out the obvious.

"He's okay," Dixon added. This Dixon boy didn't like me very much, and I have hardly said three words. Jealous, maybe? Probably.

"Are you single?" Jessica's eyes widened like a wild animal. She scared me a bit on the inside, though on the outside I showed no fear. This weird feeling of her about to attack me and rape me right there made me shiver.

"Yes, I am," I finally said three whole words to the lunch table. Jessica whipped her head over towards Cam, batting her eyelashes. Cam shook her head 'no'. Making a frown replace that smile of hers. Thank you, Cam.

"So, how do you like it here so far?" Cam changed the subject.

"It's okay, quite boring," I shrugged.

"Don't worry, we'll make you hate it by the end of the day," Jessica cheerfully added. Jessica reminded me of a hyperactive kid that needed to be put to sleep. Not die, just sleep. Something about her seemed a bit off, maybe it was just me that noticed it. Her attitude seemed too peppy and hyper, kind of like Alexis. It scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: hope you enjoyed this chapter :DD.
Don't judge Terrence too quickly I might add though!
So yeah, okay!
Tell me what you think?