Venom and Hope

Chapter eleven

It was about a two weeks into the tour and nothing too exciting was really going on. All in all, it was extremely well organized and we hardly had any free time off the bus. Though, there was that one night in Orlando, but I'd really rather not elaborate. Today was different, well sort of. We had the whole day off in NYC before a show the next day.

Jazz had some how convinced me to go window shopping with her, so we were wandering down the streets of downtown New York looking at expensive things we could at the time only hope to buy. But as much as I didn't want to admit it, I was having fun.

Our alone time was cut short when Jazz and I decided to go to Starbucks for some outrageously overpriced coffee. And because for some reason karma hates me, Gerard and Mikey just happened to be sitting inside said Starbucks. I tried to grab Jazz and leave before they spotted us but to no avail. When she wants something bad enough, she gets it. End of story. After we emptied our wallets on coffee, Gerard saw us and motioned to come join their table.

We, of course, did just that. I may have been trying to avoid him, but something made me go over there anyway. God, I'm a sucker for guys with black hair.

"Hey Roz, Jazz!" he smiled at me. I tried to smile back but the right side of mouth was frozen in place.

Mikey just smiled and gave us a little wave, which figures because he was always a bit quiet at first, but he'll warm up to us.

"Hey" Jazz and I said at the same time.

"I didn't think you two were Starbucks type people"

"We're really not, but we're in a big city, so we felt sort of obligated or something like that."

Mikey, still not saying anything, was staring at Jazz, who was drinking her coffee through a straw. I found myself holding back a laugh.

"Sooo, what are you two doing wandering along the streets of NYC, aren't you afraid that you'll get molested?"

"We needed coffee, so we took a chance" Gerard was still the only one talking; Mikey was too preoccupied with being weirded out by Jazz.

"What are you ladies doing?"

"Window shopping, nothing too exciting." He nodded. Jazz had moved on to eating a sugar packet like a five year old, which seemed to intrigue Mikey even more. When she got up to go get more sugar, he finally spoke.

"What the hell is she doing?"

"I have no idea"

"But isn't she your best friend?"

I scoffed. "I can never have a best friend, for I will always be number one in my affection." Mikey looked like he took that seriously, but Gerard knew better.

"Wow Roz that was deep"

"Thank you, yes; I am quite magnificent aren't I?"

Jazz came back, she was laughing. "Liar!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"Fine, let's settled this. Gerard do you really think she's magnificent?"

I shook my head 'yes'.

Gerard looked scared. "Do you two still always fight like this?"

"Just answer the question!"

"No, because either way, one of you will hurt me"

"We won't, we promise. Now tell her that I am in fact amazing."

"This is stupid!"

"Damn it Gerard just say it!" That earned a couple of stares from the people at the tables around us. Jazz has problems controlling the volume of her voice.

He took a deep breath. "Fine! Roz you can be pretty magnificent."

"Ha Ha you lose!" I poked her.

Jazz hit Gerard over the head with her purse. "Wrong answer stupid!"

"Oww! I thought you promised you wouldn't hurt me!"

"Roz promised for me, so there for it wasn't a real promise."

"Not Fair!"

"Life aint fair hun" She hit him again.

"What was that for?!"

"You had a bug on you?"

"Oh! Who a liar now Jazz?"

She growled at me. "Mikey"

At the sound of his name, he finally looked up from his coffee. "Huh?"

"Jazz called you a liar"

"Right..."

Okay, so maybe Mikey wouldn't warm up to us. Oh well, we weren't paying much attention to him anyway.

"Damn! He's no fun"

"No, he's just quiet"

"Your brother needs a life"

"I can hear you! You're sitting right across from me!"

Jazz feigned looking amazed. "He can form sentences?! Good job, would you like a cookie!" She cooed, pinching his cheek. For some reason, Mikey was Jazz's favorite person to annoy. It was probably because he was absolutely adorable when he was mad.

Mikey just sighed and gave up. Quit while you're behind…right?

"Aw Mikey we're just making fun of ...I mean we're just joking"

After we finished our coffee, we all went out to have some pizza. This was nothing new, since we always had pizza together. Even back when Gerard and I were an item.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a filler.