Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 1

--

My eyes cracked open and I noticed that the blinds were fully open. Where the hell was I? Oh... right. Atlantic City. I sat up and stretched my arms. My back felt stiff so I turned to crack it but a shock of black, spiky hair caught my attention.

I screamed, falling backwards out of the bed, my eyes wide. Who the hell was in my bed?! I stared up at the guy, as he slowly woke from my scream.

"Whass goin' on?" he mumbled and I freaked. Jack Barakat? What the /hell/ was he doing here? I waited until he was fully awake until I cleared my throat. He lazily looked at me. "Good morning." He smiled.

"Uhh... what the heck are you doing here?"

He just stared at my left hand and I looked back at him confused. He furrowed his brow and I looked down at my hand.

"Is... is that a ring...?" I asked, in awe.

Jack nodded and my mouth dropped open. Did I really get married last night?

"Hey wifey," Jack cracked a smile and I stood, finally noticing my attire. I had a fucking bra and lacy panties on.

"Uhh..."

"Is something wrong?" Jack asked and I raised an eyebrow. He didn't seem like himself. Wasn't he the crazy one?

"Of course something is wrong! I'm married to someone I have no clue about! How do I know you're not a pedophile?" I asked.

Jack laughed and rolled his eyes. "You seemed to know who I was last night."

I gasped and stared at him.

"But I don't know much about you, so let's learn about each other. Come back here and we'll talk." Jack raised his eyebrows.

"Are you sure you're the real Jack Barakat? I mean... you're acting kind of strange."

"I can't be serious sometimes? I would hope you wouldn't think I would joke about something as important as a marriage." Jack smiled and I bit my lip.

"Fine." I climbed back into the bed and faced Jack.

"Let's start with some basics. What's your name, age and where do you live?" Jack asked.

I rolled my eyes but answered the questions anyway: "Maria Lively, 22, Baltimore."

"Jack Barakat, 22, Baltimore. Whoa!" Jack looked really excited for some reason and I just bit my lip. "You're really cute when you do that."

I giggled a little and then cursed myself. Stop it, Maria!

"Tell me more," Jack said.

"I'm currently trying to write a manuscript for a movie, I went to Boston University for Cinematography and Film/Video Production and now I live in Baltimore with my sister, Jess and my best friend, Isabelle."

"I live alone. But now I won't! Because we're married and we're going to live together!" Jack exclaimed. Here's the Jack I was expecting.

"Pump your brakes, kid, who said I'm moving in?" I raised my eyebrows.

"It would give both of us a bad image if we didn't."

"Well, once people find out you married me when we were both drunk, that will give us a bad image so it's not like it will make that much of a difference. I mean, all hell is going to break loose when people find out what happened." I shrugged.

"But I want you to move in with me!"

"You don't even know me!"

"So..." Jack pouted and crossed his arms. "We'll get to know each other. I don't like living alone." Jack started to do a puppy dog face (which was adorable...) and I caved.

"FINE! I will move in with you, after we get to know each other more. I'm not some whore who just moves in with a guy just because she's married to him... Goddamn."

Just then, my phone rang and I'm On a Boat rang throughout the hotel room. "Where the hell is my phone?" I followed the ring and found it below a pile of clothes... that's not a good sign.

"Hello?!" I asked into the phone and I heard Jess on the line.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" Jess shouted and I cringed. Jack motioned for me to come back to the bed and I sat on top of the covers.

"Atlantic City..."

"MARIA ANNABELLA LIVELY!"

"See that's the thing..."

"What?" Jess asked and I sighed. I looked over at Jack and he nodded.

"My last name isn't Lively anymore."

"What do you mean? Did you and Jake get hitched and not tell me?" Jess said.

"No. He cheated on me so I went to Atlantic City to get drunk."

"Then why isn't your last name Lively anymore?" Jess asked, confused.

"My last name is Barakat now..." I trailed off.

Jess laughed. "Look, Maria, I know you love Jack Barakat and all but that's kind of weird to go and change your last name to his..." Jess laughed again. "Isabelle! Maria changed her last name to Barakat! What a loser!"

"Shut up!" I looked over at Jack and he was smirking. "Jess. I didn't /change/ my name to Barakat."

"Wait... does that mean... you /married/ him?!?!" Jess shrieked.

"Yes."

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"I know..."

"I don't believe you."

"Of course, you don't." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"If you really married him, you'd be with him. If he's there, put him on."

"Fine." I put the phone in Jack's waiting hand and he said hello.

"Is this seriously Jack Barakat?" Jess asked.

"Yes!" Jack said happily.

"Why'd you marry my sister?"

"We were drunk..."

"Right." Jess deadpanned. "Isabelle! Maria married Jack Barakat because they were drunk!"

"WHAT?"

"Ohmygod, Maria, I can't believe this."

"Uh huh, okay, Jess, talk to you later." I hung up the phone. "What now?"

"Uhh... I think it's time we tell my bandmates." Jack cringed and I smirked. That would be interesting.

--

"Hey Alex!"

"Where the fuck are you, Jack? You just disappeared last night and you never told us where you were going!"

"I went to Atlantic City."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I wanted to." Jack replied.

"Well get back here! You didn't go anything reckless did you?" Alex asked.

"Well..."

"What did you do, Jack?" Alex asked, worried.

"I kind of got married..."

"WHAT?!"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like that was a shitty first chapter :/ I promise chapter two will be better! Sooo... comment&fave? -jos.