Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 3

--

Last chapter:

We stopped about an hour into the trip because Jack had to go to the bathroom. Luckily, we only had an hour left. I got out too, to put some gas in the car and then buy some food, because I knew that we'd be getting hungry soon. As I was picking up some Sour Patch Kids, I head a voice behind me.

"Hey! You're the whore that Jack Barakat married!"

--

"Excuse me?" I turned around and saw a brown haired teenager standing behind me, her arms crossed. "I am /not/ a whore."

"You obviously are. You probably rufied him or something!" the girl pursed her lips and I raised one eyebrow. Oh, /hell/ no.

"He was drunk too. That makes him just as whoreish as me."

The girl laughed and I realized my mistake. I just called myself a whore.

"Whatever. Why do you care so much?" I questioned, I was getting pretty angry.

"I'm supposed to be with him." The girl said, confidently.

"Oh, you are. And what makes you think that?" I laughed.

"We're soulmates. We're going to get married after you two divorce," she smiled smugly.

"Over my dead body." I glared at the girl.

"I'll have to arrange that then." She cocked her head to the side and I gasped. I turned back to see Jack walking towards me. I looked back at the girl and her eyes had widened.

"Who's this, Maria?" He asked.

"I don't really know. She came up to me."

"Okay..."

"Hi! I'm Hunter, 16 years of age. I have a shrine dedicated to you. My room is covered in pictures of you. We are soulmates!" Hunter smiled really widely.

"What?" Jack's eyes widened and I knew he was freaked out.

"You just have to get rid of her!" Hunter narrowed her eyes at me.

"Never!" Jack shouted and grabbed my arm. "Come on, wifey!"

"Jack! Stop pulling me, holy shit." He was pulling me really fast and when we made it to the car, he let go and literally dived into the passenger's seat.

"DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!" He shouted and I threw myself into the driver's side and started up the car. "She's coming!"

The car started up and I pressed on the gas. The tires squealed and I'm pretty sure I cut some people off.

"Holy shit. Maria, that was the weirdest fan experience EVER." Jack looked at me.

"You think it was weird for you? She threatened to kill me!" I shook from the memory.

"Really? Whoa."

"Yeah..." I reached over to turn on the radio and Sugar, We're Goin Down came on the radio. I laughed.

"What's funny?" Jack asked.

"This song came out in my senior year of high school and I remember Jess and I loved it but after it became super popular we hated it. It bothers me when they play songs by alternative bands on the radio. It's so weird." I merged over to the left lane so I could go a little faster.

"Oh."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Obviously it's something..."

"It's just, we were hoping to get a song on the radio." Jack looked out the window.

"Oh... sorry. I mean, I would be kind of disappointed if you did get a song on the radio, just because there would be a pop up of tons of fake fans. But if you guys did get one on the radio, I'd totally support it. I know that might sound hypocritical, but yeah..." I finished and Jack looked at me.

"Okay, thanks," he smiled and leaned over to kiss my cheek. I blushed a little, I knew it.

After that, it became silent. There wasn't really any talking the rest of the way. Just a random question here or there. I couldn't wait to get home and see Jess and Isabelle. Not.

--

"Do you mind if we stop at my house first?" I asked Jack.

"Nah, that's fine. I want to meet your sister and your friend anyway. They need to know who you married."

"Oh, they already know who you are." I smiled.

"Creepers."

"Jack."

"I was just kidding."

"Uh huh."

Jack stuck his tongue out and I laughed. We were really close to my house, I was starting to see familiar things. Only five minutes later, I was pulling into my driveway.

"Ready?" I asked Jack and he nodded. I grabbed my purse from the back seat and we walked up to the front door. I let us in and took my shoes off. "Jess? Isabelle?"

"MUH-REE-UHHHH!" Jess shouted as she ran down the stairs to tackle me to the ground.

"Hello, Jessica."

"Don't call me Jessica!" Her eyes flamed and I smirked. She pushed herself off of me but didn't help me up.

"Thanks, Jess." I shook my head and saw Jack's hand in front of me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, wifey," he smiled.

"Awhhhh!" Isabelle sighed and I bit my lip.

"Hey, Is," I looked at her and she smiled.

"Uhhh... Jack this is Jess, my sister. Jess this is Jack." They shook hands. "And this is Isabelle, my best friend."

"Pleased to meet you." Isabelle grinned.

"You too." Jack answered. "Hey, so, Maria, the guys are at my house. You wanna go?"

"Sure."

"You guys want to come?" Jack asked Jess and Isabelle who nodded enthusiastically. "Cool, let's go."

We all walked outside and Jack looked at me. "Can I drive."

"No."

"Come onnnnn!"

"NO! I know you drive like a maniac."

"Pleaaase," Jack did the puppy dog face and I caved. Fuck.

"Fine. Ugh." I got in the passenger's side and he got in the driver's side.

"We're going to take another car..." Jess smiled.

"Take me with you!"

"Nope, Maria, you're going with me," Jack laughed.

"Oh, fuck."

Jack pulled out of the driveway in front of Jess and Isabelle and started driving. Why did I let him?!

He was driving recklessly and I seriously felt like jumping out of the car. I looked at the speedometer. 70?! It was only 30 through here!

"SLOW DOWN." I shouted and he looked at me.

"Okay..." he slowed down to 40 and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Why do you drive so fast?" I asked and he shrugged. Uh huh.

I seriously felt sick to my stomach almost.

When I knew Jack pulled into a driveway, I looked out of the window. I saw a huge tour bus parked on the street, I knew we were at Jack's house.

I fell out of the car and put my head between my legs. "Holy shit."

"What'd you do to her, Jack?" I heard Alex Gaskarth ask.

"I let him drive."

"Why?" I heard Zack ask.

"He did the puppy dog look." I sighed.

"Works like a charm every time," Jack said smugly and the three of us glared at him. "What?"

I looked up and saw Jess and Isabelle getting out of the car. I then looked to Zack and Alex who were checking them out, respectively.

The door of the house opened and Rian and Matt walked out, two girls following them. I noticed a girl with long dark brown hair stood behind Rian and another girl with shorter brown hair was standing next to Matt. I assumed they both pairs were couples.

"Are you going to introduce us, Jack?" Alex asked and Jack nodded. He helped me up.

"Everyone! This is my wifey. The girl over there with the dark brown hair is her sister and the blonde is her best friend!" Jack nodded.

I raised my eyebrows at Jack who looked at me funny. "What?" He asked.

"You didn't tell them my name!" I said and walked over to Alex. "Hello, my name is Maria Lively. Well... Maria Barakat now, I guess." I rolled my eyes and Alex laughed.

"Good luck with him. It's like he's a large child." Alex smiled and I laughed.

"Thanks."

"Hey... who's your friend?" He asked quickly and I smirked.

"Isabelle Moon. Go say hey." I turned to Zack and shook his hand. "Maria Barakat, pleased to meet you."

"Zack Merrick. Nice to meet you. So... uh, is your sister single?" He asked as he blushed a little.

"Yes. Jess is single. But don't call her Jessica. It's just Jess..."

"Thanks," he smiled but didn't move towards Jess. He was probably waiting. But I noticed Alex was talking to Isabelle and Jess was talking to Jack. I walked over to Rian, Matt and the two girls.

"Hello, I'm Maria," I smiled and shook Rian's hand.

Rian smiled and I noticed his teeth. They were reaaaally white. He turned to the girl behind him. "This is my girlfriend, Julia."

"Hello!" She smiled and I shook her hand. Next, I moved along to Matt.

"Maria Barakat," I shook his hand too.

"Matt Flyzik." He nodded and the girl next to him smiled shyly at me.

"Hi, I'm Elisha." She shook my hand and I smiled at her.

I walked back over to Jack as everyone started walking inside. I noticed Zack walk next to Jess and introduce himself. They were cute.

"So, does everyone like you?" Jack asked.

"I think so..."

"That's good, because I like you a lot," Jack smiled and leaned down to kiss me. His arms wrapped around my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. Goddamn, he could kiss well.

"Jack Barakat! What is going on here?"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, why do I always end chapters like this?! WHY? Uhhhh, anyway, here it issss. Finally. I hope you like it. It was kind of a filler chapter, and more humor will show up next chapter! Comment&fave? -jos.