Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 6

--

"Maria! MARIA." I heard someone's voice and I felt my body being shook. My eyes slowly opened and I saw Isabelle standing over me and Alex kicking my back.

"Can you stop kicking me?" I groaned and his foot moved away. I sat up and looked down at my hand which was covered with blood. I felt sick all of a sudden and I turned my head away. Isabelle helped me stand up and I ran to the bathroom where I washed off all of Jack's blood. The sink was full of reddish/pink water and I rubbed soap all over my hand for at least five minutes.

After I was sanitized, I walked back out to the living room where Alex and Isabelle were trying their best to put Jack on the couch. Jack was still moaning and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He was such a baby.

"Why did you hit me, Maria?" Jack pouted and I furrowed my brow.

"I didn't mean to! But you snuck up on me and I just reacted."

"Who pops back their elbow? Don't most girls just scream?" Jack asked.

"I took self defense classes a couple years ago with Jess after our parents abandoned us so we would be okay if someone ever tried to rap.e us."

"Why would someone rap.e you?" Alex asked.

"Because they think I'm hot? I don't know. People are fucked up these days." I shook my head and sat down in the recliner in the living room. Isabelle was standing there awkwardly, pretty much staring at Alex's a.ss. He was still in his boxers (only God knows why) and he had no shirt on. I raised an eyebrow at Isabelle but she didn't see it so I cleared my throat. Her head snapped up and she blushed.

"Well... if you're all good here, I'm going to head out." Alex turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Isabelle piped up and Alex stopped in his tracks.

"I was just going to go to a local bar. Do you... uh... wanna go?" Alex asked awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Uhm... sure..." Isabelle smiled a little and then looked at me. I nodded and she went off after Alex. I had a feeling they'd get laid tonight.

I heard the front door slam a couple minutes later and I looked out the window just in time to see Alex open the door for Is. How sweet.

"Sooo..." Jack said.

"So?"

"My hand is covered in blood."

"Mine was too."

"Can you get me a wash cloth?"

"I guess."

I stood up and walked into the bathroom again. I still wasn't sure where everything was so I checked under the sink and got lucky. The wash cloths were there. I ran the water so it got lukewarm and then put the wash cloth under it. I squeezed the excess water out and then walked into the living room and handed the cloth to Jack. He wiped all of the blood off of his nose and his hand. I sat back down in the recliner and stayed there until Jack came back.

"Do you want to go out?"

"I don't know."

"Okay."

"..."

"What do you want to do then?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"How about karaoke?"

"Sure."

--

Jack told me to change into something cute but I had absolutely nothing at his house so we had to go to mine.

"This is why you should move in with me. It'll be so much easier."

"Mmhm."

"Seriously, Maria. I'm not joking."

"Soon."

"Good."

When we got to my house, I ran inside and Jack followed me into my room.

"What are you doing, Jack?"

"You're my wife, no need to hide."

I bit my lip. There was no way I'd get him out of my room. So I went with it. I changed in front of him. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it because he made little noises every once in a while. Perv.

"That's hot."

"Thanks?"

I had on black skinny jeans and a pair of stilettos and a black off-the-shoulder tee. I like black, okay?

"Perfect for karaoke."

"Cool."

"Ready?" Jack asked and I nodded. He grabbed my hand (which felt so perfect, by the way) and we were off. I was driving of course.

--

"Hey, sexy, what's up?" Some random guy said as I stood at the bar, waiting for the drinks I ordered. I ignored him. "C'mon, don't be like that, babe, you're hot, you know it. Just have some fun."

"No thank you." I said without even looking at him. Who did this guy think we was? Whatever, I would be gone in a second anyway.

"C'mon, hot stuff, just let loose."

"What the fuuck is going on over here?" Jack demanded as he walked over.

"It's nothing, Jack, don't worry about it." I knew he was drunk and I didn't want him to get in a bar fight. I had heard enough to know that him and Alex frequented those.

"Don't worry about it?" He asked, enraged. "I don't know who you think you are, but you don't talk to /my wife/ like that."

"Who's going to stop me? You?" The guy and his friends laughed.

"Jack, c'mon, he's not worth it," I tried to push against Jack but he wouldn't budge. He softly pushed me aside and then advanced on the guy. Before I could pull him away, he swung back his arm and punched the dude, knocked him out cold. The friends were too afraid to do anything and I knew the manager would be coming around soon so I dragged Jack out of the bar with all of my might.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUCK, JACK?" I shouted when we were outside. "It wasn't a big deal, I was just fine."

"You're mine, I don't want some slimy guy all over you."

"First of all, I am /not/ yours. I'm not your possession, Jack, I am a human being and second, didn't I tell you I had taken self defense classes? If he would have tried anything, I would have been fine!" I walked to the car and got in the driver's side. Jack got in after me. He was quiet but then he started talking.

"Maria, look, I'm sorr-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"But, Maria-"

"Jack. I'm warning you. Either shut your face or I'll shut it for you."

Jack stopped talking and I drove. When we got home there would be he.ll to pay.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this chapter. Was it long enough? comment&fave? -jos.