Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 7

--

"Maria! Talk to me, pleaaaaaaaase." Jack said for the thousandth time but I kept my eyes on the road and my mouth shut. "I'm sorry! But I get jealous easily."

I still didn't respond. I pulled into Jack's driveway and we sat there for a couple minutes before he spoke.

"Let's go inside and talk about this." Jack reached to get out but my voice stopped him.

"No."

"You want to talk in here?"

"I don't want to talk in the house or in here. You're getting out and I'm going home." I said.

"What? Why?"

"Because."

Jack sighed, defeated. "Fine." He pouted and tried the puppy dog face but nothing worked. I was pissed. He got out and I left right after he closed the car door.

My phone started ringing and I almost expected it to be Jack but it was actually my friend and band mate, Jordan.

HOLY FUCK! The band! I had a gig tonight! I totally forgot... with coming back with Jack... going to dinner... hitting Jack in the nose... the bar... the gig had never crossed my mind.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"I'm coming! Right now! I'm sorry... I'll explain when I get there..." I replied.

"GOOD! We go on in five minutes!" Jordan hung up and I hit the end button on my phone but then dropped it in between my seat and the middle console. I reached my hand in between to grope around for it but it fell far enough away, I couldn't reach it.

"Shit..."

I looked down really quick but I heard a honk from my right and I slammed on my brakes just in time to see a truck going barreling past.

I gasped out loud and realized I had almost gotten hit. Holy shit.

--

I got to the venue two minutes later and ran up to the stage and sat down behind my drums.

Jordan looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"I swear, I'll explain after!"

He shook his head but turned around to address the crowd. We had a pretty good core following, a lot of people came to see all of our shows.

Jordan was the singer and Jasmine was the lead guitarist. And Liam was our bass player.

Jasmine started into the song and I then the rest of us joined in and Jordan started singing our cover of A Day to Remember's Homesick.

While I was playing, I noticed Isabelle and Alex in the crowd. Of course they would come here. Isabelle probably told Alex I'd be playing tonight and he wanted to come. I searched for Jess and found her at the bar with Zack. I looked to make sure she wasn't drinking anything and I saw she had a water bottle.

The show was going good so far but I hoped to God that Alex wouldn't call Jack and tell him to come. I'd have a cow.

--

The gig went pretty smoothly and Jack never showed up. I noticed Alex on the phone and figured he was talking to Jack but I guess Jack was smart enough to know I was /not/ happy with him.

"So. /Why/ were you late?" Jordan asked when we were in the back.

"Okay. You need to realize that in this story, I am telling the complete truth. You'll be able to go ask Jess and Isabelle if I'm telling the truth and they will say yes." I looked at the three of them. "Last night, when I went to Atlantic City to get my mind off of Jake... I woke up in a bed next to Jack Barakat and we are now husband and wife."

"GET SOME!" Jasmine shouted and she smiled. "That's so cool, Ria!"

I smiled at Jasmine and gave her a hug. Then I looked at Jordan and Liam. They had always been like big brothers to me and I could see their protectiveness coming.

"We'll have to meet him, of course." Liam raised one eyebrow. "I'm sure he's here tonight."

"Actually, he's n-"

"Wifey!"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Stupid, stupid Jack. He's so dumb. He's really dumb. Foreal. Anyway. Like? Yes? Comment & fave? -jos.