Status: In progress... kind of.

We've Got It All Figured Out for Now

Chapter 9

--

"Hey, babe?" Jack's voice broke my concentration as I tried to build a house of cards.

"Hmm?" I asked quietly as I slowly placed a card atop another.

"My brother is in town just for tonight and tomorrow and I was going to go meet up with him and May. Do you want to come or are you okay with staying alone here with Alex?"

"You just go, the three Barakat siblings should have fun tonight. I'll meet him tomorrow." I said without looking. I didn't mind hanging out with Alex. I probably wouldn't see much of him anyway, he stayed in the room in Jack's house a lot.

I remember I asked him why he stayed here.

*Flashback*

"Why do you stay here? Don't you have your own house?" I asked as I poured the catalina dressing on my salad.

Alex shrugged, "Whenever we come home, Rian and Julia kind of take over our house and I don't really want to be around because they do unspeakable things."

"Oh."

"Yep."

*End flashback*

Alex really only spent time with us at night. I'm sure Jack and him hung out when I was at work or practicing with the band.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight. Don't let Alex steal all of my Jack Daniel's..." Jack kissed my cheek and I nodded without really listening to what he had said.

Even if Alex did steal any, Jack wouldn't notice it.

--

"Where's Jack?"

"He left."

"He did?"

"Yeah. Went to meet up with Joe and May." I replied as I stared at my house of cards. It was huge now and I was sure it would fall soon.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" I asked without looking at Alex.

"A House of Cards?"

"We have a winner!" I said sarcastically. "Want to help?"

Alex looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. He sighed, "Sure. But we need alcohol."

"Agreed."

He walked out of the room and I continued on my card house. 10 seconds later he was back with a bottle of Jack Daniel's and shot glasses.

"Seriously?"

Alex smirked and nodded. "Jack will never know of this."

"He seems to be territorial about his whiskey."

"Always has been." Alex laughed and poured our shots. I knocked back the first one and then put on the next card.

"You're not going to help are you?" I asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Nope," Alex said, popping the p.

"Thanks."

"Like you need any help."

"True."

--

"I'M LIKE FUCK YOU AND FUCK HER TOO," Alex shouted and I laughed. We had finished off the bottle of Jack and now Alex was on Captain Morgen and I had Coke and Rum.

I collapsed on the couch then and sighed. Alex was fun to get drunk with. I knew he had a reputation and I could not surrender myself to him.

He fell on the chair beside me and sighed. "You're fun, Maria."

"You toooooo."

"I'm jealous of you."

"What?" I asked. He sounded so serious all of a sudden. I turned on the couch and he was staring at me.

"The reason I've been acting so weird? I'm jealous."

"Of what?"

"I'm jealous of the relationship you guys have. I never expected that Jack would find someone and then marry her and actually want to spend time with her. It was always the two of us and now you're here."

JALEX DID EXIST!

"Plus you're taking him away from me," Alex pouted.

HOLY SHIT.

"Alex... I'm not stealing him from you... he's still you're best friend. You're going to be taking him away from me in a little while when you go on tour." I shrugged. "Alex... are you trying to tell me that this so called 'Jalex' thing is real?"

"What? No... I mean... not like totally. It's not like we're gay for each other... it's just... I don't know." He slumped back in the chair.

"Okay..."

--

"WHAT THE FUCK?"

I sat up quickly after a loud voice screamed right in my ear. I opened my eyes and noticed Jack standing over Alex and I. We were laying on the floor and it looked like I had been sleeping by Alex, my head had been on his stomach.

"Jack, it's not what it looks like."

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?"

--
♠ ♠ ♠
LOLOLOLOL ANGRY JEALOUS JACK. This was Hunter's idea. I wanted to use it badly. I have one more idea from her that I need to use but it's a long term idea :) hehehehehehehe comment & fave? -jos.