‹ Prequel: Tour With Me
Status: Started 11/22/10

Be With Me

"Trynna' Steal You Away"

I smiled a warm smile as the waitress set our glasses on the table. Vanessa did the same while giving her a small thanks you. After informing her that we weren’t ready to order, I began to sip my sprite.

Vanessa took a quick sip of her water before setting her gaze on me. She folded her arms on the table as her eyes bore into me. The look of intimidation in her eyes had enough force to peel the paint off a car. I immediately stopped sipping my drink and sat up right. She continued to bore her eyes into mine, showing no sign of back down. A few moments passed before she opened her mouth. “You’re so full of shit sometimes,”

I sighed, covering my face with my hands. I slowly slid my hands down my face, distorting my face temporarily in the process. I knew that this would happen. If I told her the truth, she wouldn’t believe me. Vanessa wasn’t an understanding person. She was also stubborn, making matters worse. Once she believed something there was no turning back. Convincing Vanessa to believe something was just as hard as explaining physics to a kindergartner; damn near impossible.

“Seriously Justin, stop feeding me bull shit,”

I ran a hand through my hair as I sighed once more. “I’m not feeding you bull shit, babe. You told me to explain and I explained,”

“You fed me bull shit, that’s what you did” I rolled my eyes as I shook my head. This was a battle I couldn’t win. “You expect me to believe that there’s nothing going on between you and your first love, the girl that broke your heart, the girl that you couldn’t get over…not to mention that she’s the girl who you wrote half of the songs on your fourth album for, when I haven’t even gotten one song,”

She was right about how I felt about Natalie, how I use to feel about Natalie. When we broke up, I felt as if my world had ended. Nothing seemed to make me happy any more. Everything seemed to remind me of her. Every song on the radio related to her in some way. At the time, going on tour without her was the second worst thing in the world. The first was not having her, and I didn’t.

That was how I use to feel. I use to feel a pain in my chest whenever I thought of Natalie. Whenever I imagined her smile, my stomach would twist. My heart yearned for me to hold her in my arms again. My body wanted Natalie and only Natalie.

Things were different now. I no longer felt this way when I thought about her. Until I saw her a few days ago, she hadn’t crossed my mind. Vanessa was the only person that I would think about. She was the only person that I yearned for anymore.

“Is that what this is about? A song?” I questioned. “Do you want me to write you a song babe?”

“That’s not what this is about asshole” she flipped her hair over her shoulder before drinking more water. “But I wouldn’t stop you if you did.” I rolled my eyes at her comment. That was a typical Vanessa move.

“The point is,” she began “You just ran into your ex, again, and you had a moment with her. Don’t tell me that you didn’t because I saw the way that you two were looking at each other, and that was a moment. Couples, who have broken up and moved on, don’t do that Justin.”

She sipped more of her water before resting her hands on the table. She crossed her legs and leaned back in her seat. I slouched my shoulders in defeat. This was a battle that I couldn’t win.

“I guess…maybe we did have a moment…I don’t know,” I confessed.

She raised her brow as she looked at me. She wasn’t fazed by my words at all. “So you’re admitting that you had a moment with your ex girl-friend?”

I groaned as I rubbed my hands along my face again. “What do you want me to—”

“Forget it,” she interrupted. “I forgive you,”

She leaned forward and placed her hand on my arm. She sent me a warm smile that I couldn’t help but to return.

“But just so you know,” she started “I don’t want you hanging around her. An ex is an ex for a reason babe. I don’t want her feelings to suddenly change and she tries to take you away. That’s not going to happen. I will personally hurt you and that bitch if either one of you tries anything,”

“You don’t have to worry about anything babe. We just ran into each other, that’s all,”

“That better be all,”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think about the chapter?
What do you think about Vanessa's reaction?

Comment//Subscribe