Status: ongoing...meaning we write when we feel like it

Death of an Angel

Lukas (Luss)

I was walking through the streets in the small town we lived by. Ryder was making me buy a dress for a formal dance the daemon royalty was having, and I refused his and Lucifer’s help. It was embarrassing enough that I had to buy one, there was no way I would let them follow along and laugh the whole way. But, if Ryder wanted me to wear a dress….well then I’d wear one for him.

Yes, I loved him just as he loved me, and I have for a long time, but I giggled. I liked it when he said that he would have asked me out either way, and when finally last night, two weeks after I came out as being a girl, at a really nice dinner, he dropped the l-bomb. I remember the exact way he said it too. I had just sat down after returning from the restroom to fix my hair, and Ryder kept looking at me, just looking. I blushed and looked down, letting my bangs hide my face. My hair had been long even masquerading as a boy, I couldn’t lose my hair, I loved it too much.

Ryder placed his hand on my chin, tilting up my face towards him; he was leaning across the table. “Don’t hide yourself, you’re beautiful, Luss.” He whispered, causing my cheeks to brighten even more. “I always have. Why else do you think I was never mean towards you? I couldn’t bear it if you were to be harmed by words or physically. The truth, Luss, is that I don’t just like you”

My face fell, and I tried to turn my head but he held me there, sliding his hand up to my cheek, keeping me from looking away. “I love you, Lusskara.” He said, and I couldn’t help but smile widely and lean across the table kissing him softly, pulling away gently.

“I love you too, Ryder.”

I smiled to myself and being in my own little world, when I tripped like the klutz I was, and tumbled into a man, but I seemed to run into something that wasn’t there.

Hesitantly, lying on the floor, I used my power to reveal the glamour on the thing at his hip, and saw a double handed sword, and the baldric that was slung across his back.

My eyes widened as I stood up hurriedly.Keegan was inscribed across the black leather of the sword’s sheath. “S-Stay away from me!” I yelled, and tried to back away.

“I don’t know what you are, or whatever you’ve heard about me, but don’t worry, I’m not with the king anymore.” He said, almost angrily.

“I don’t believe you.” I said obstinately.

“Believe me or not, do you know any other groups of…our kind?” he asked looking around.

“Psch,” I scoffed “You’re a trained assassin; you really think I’m going to show you to my friends? If I have any.” I said, watching his every movement.

“Come on, I had plenty of time and opportunity to kill you, I wouldn’t do it now. Please, I need a place to go. I’m a fallen angel look at my wings and the King has sent other assassins, two of which are of my own kin, my own brothers, to murder me.” He said, starting to sound desperate.

“No, why would take a man who’s being persecuted to my home?” I said, and he went to protest, but I held up my hand. “I’ll take you home with me to meet a few people who can hook you up with a place and some contacts in the humble human world…” and keep you where Ryder and Lucifer can watch you, ”but I need to find a dress first, so come on assassin, we’re going dress shopping.”