SCARS

Perfect Family

Anna Bradford

The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, toast, and my mom humming old show tunes while making breakfast.

"Morning mom." I said, my eyes drooping and hair messy as I shuffled my way to my seat in the kitchen.

"Morning baby. How was your sleep princess?" She asked, setting a plate of hot, steamy breakfast before me, and a tall glass of cold orange juice.

"I didn't sleep very well, truthfully. Pretty nervous about my first day I guess..." I muttered, bringing a piece of toast to my mouth and mindlessly chewing on the corner.

"Well it will be okay, honey. At least at this school the grades are from six to twelve, so you'll have Shane with you." She said, ruffling my hair as she walked by.

"Yeah, I guess. But it won't be the same without Carol coming to school with me..." I sighed, envying my older sister Carol who just got out of school later year.

"But instead of going to school, she's peacefully sleeping like the princess she is in her big pink room, on her big pink bed, laying on her plump big pink pillows."

"Yeah, and then she can't fight your fights for you, can she Anna?"

I turned around at the voice of my sister Carol, who stood behind me with a big smile.

"Oh, hey Carol. Heh, um how are you?" I laughed uneasily, looking up at her.

"Tired." She sighed, tapping my head with a spoon. "And I don't sleep all day, brat. I have to go to work in a bit, and it's not as easy as it looks."

"Whatever. Did you get Shane up?" I asked, finishing up my plate as Carol made her plate.

"Yeah, he's on his way. Just getting dressed, and combing his hair actually."

"Morning ladies!" Laughed my brother Shane.

Shane is adorable! He's twelve years old, the only boy in the house, single, and he never complains.

He's really cute too. Shaggy brown hair, green eyes, and cute smile-he's a shoe in for a girlfriend soon!

"Morning Shane." The three of us women said together as he sat down beside me, taking his fill.

"I trust you all slept good?" He asked, biting down on a piece of his toast.

"I slept wonderfully, thanks baby. You went to bed at a decent time right? You skipped Xbox Live right?" My mom said, kissing Shane's hair.

"Of course momma. I wanted to be wide awake for my first day at school. Aaron was on, and I didn't even chat with him." Shane laughed with a big goofy smile on his face.

"That's good. Ten minutes until the bus comes guys, hurry up. And Anna make sure to watch out for Shane too okay?" Mom said, dodging her way between chairs, toys and kids with her lunch in hand- heading for the door.

"Yuh. Love you mom! Have a good day at work!" I called out to her as she was half way down the driveway.

"Bye mom!" Yelled the others.

My phone vibrated on my lap, and I glanced down to see x's and o's send from my mom which made me smile.

I have the greatest family in the world, and I love them alot.

"The bus is here, Anna." Shane said, nudging my arm as he walked past me.

"Get your shoes on, twerp." I said, pulling on my black Original Chuck Tee's.

"Whatever."

As we walked out of the door, I noticed the bus was parked in between my house and the next door neighbor's. Well I didn't necessarily notice that. I noticed the boy who walked out of the neighbor's house, towards the bus.

His legs were covered in thin gray skinny jeans, with a black Nirvana tee shirt on, and black and white converse. His hair was chin length, black and shaggy.

We met up at the same time, and we bumped shoulders as we both went to step into the bus at the same time.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, my eyebrows pulling together as he stared at me with a expressionless face and dead eyes.

Without any word he rudely stepped in first not minding my shocked expression.

"Okay then, your such a gentleman." I muttered, letting Shane on first and grumpily searched for an available seat.

'Of course. I thought, noticing the only seat with less then one person in it was either the one that was occupied by Mr.Rude, or the one with the guy who wore leather, black lipstick and looked like he wanted to either A : Rape me, B: Kill me, C: Rape me harder, or D: ..well kill me?

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked the more attractive, rude guy.

"Yes I do. There's someone coming on the next stop." He said dully, looking straight forward at the bus of kids.

"Oh, okay..." I sighed, taking the seat with the devil.

"Hey. I'm Kevin, whats your name?" He said, sounding almost enthusiastic, but with no sense of a smile.

"Anna."I scowled, looking down at my backpack that sat on my lap.

"Well, Anna. Looks like I have myself a new bus buddy." Kevin said with a devilish grin.

"Super." I muttered, looking at the guy beside me.

First day is going off without a hitch.