Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

Mixed 'N' Matched Love: Ch. 11 - Edited.

Nick's POV:

I was pacing back and forth in my room, debating whether or not to tell Drew the truth and thinking of all the pros and cons if I did with Nyla.

"Ok, here's a con: he could end our friendship and marriage if he found out." I said, as I wrote it down on a piece of paper.

"Well, here's a pro: he would understand and still like you because you and “twin sister” are the same exact people!" Nyla added.

So, that's ten cons and how many pros?" I knew exactly how many pros there were, I just wanted to hear Nyla say it.

"Two." she muttered bitterly.

"Well, that settles it, I'm not telling him!" I decided.

"Nicolette, you cannot keep running away from this!" Nyla stood up and placed her hands on her hips like a total grown-up.

"You are not my mother, so you cannot tell me what to do!" yelled back at her.

"I'm just trying to help you before you end up getting hurt." her voice softened up.

I sighed in exasperation and opened my mouth to assure her that nothing like that would be happening, but before I could I hear my ring tone start to play.

“Oh, it's Drew!" I squealed happily.

"I'm just trying to help you before you end up getting hurt."

My phone rang and we both looked towards it.

"It's Drew!" I squealed happily.

Which was like a total mistake, because as soon as I said it, Nyla gave me a look and I understood what she was about to do. We both ran for my phone, which I had placed on a small wooden table in the corner of my room.

I was faster, so I got to it first. I answered it as soon as it rang for the fourth time.

“Hey, Drew.” I said into it.

“Hey, is this Nick or Nikki?” he asked me.

“Oh, this is Nick, Nikki's not here right now."

As I talked with him, I ran and tried to sidestep Nyla as best as I could without dropping the phone or saying something wrong.

Before I could ask Drew what he had called for, Nyla snatched the phone away from me.

“Drew, there’s something really important that you should know!” she yelled into it.

I tried to grab my phone back from Nyla, but she was too quick this time and I had grown too tired.

An idea plopped into my head though then. I suddenly stuck my foot out and tripped her, causing Nyla to fall face first onto my bed.

I took that as an advantage and grabbed a hold of my phone and jumped up onto my bed.

"Don't listen to her, Drew, she's just crazy!" I told him.

"Ok...is, um, something wrong?" Drew asked me.

"No nothing, nothing at all.”

"Give me the phone, Nicolette!”

"Never!" I cried, jumping off the bed to dodge Nyla’s attacks.

"I'll call you back later, Drew, I promise!" I hung up before he could answer.

I sighed deeply in exhaustion and jumped down from the bed. But, just as I did Nyla grabbed my phone once again and suddenly we were both tugging on it like we were in a game of Tug of War.

A few seconds later, it unexpectedly broke in two.

"Do you know how much I loved that phone and how much it cost?" I yelled at her, furious.

"Well, maybe you can buy a new one with your web of lies!" she commented back.

"That doesn't even make any sense!"

"The world doesn't even make sense anymore!"

Now not only were we arguing, but we were also fighting on top of my bed. Normally, I would never hit her or anything, but since it was my phone, she just totally crossed the line and I could just never forgive her for that - well, that is, without a fight.

The door opened then and auntie came into the room.

“Hey, what is going on in here?!” she demanded to know, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Nothing, auntie.” we chorused together, after immediately stopping.

Right now, I had Nyla pinned down on my bed and was on top of her.

“You two will stop fighting this instant if you know what’s good for you,” she told us. “Nyla, go back to your room. And Nikkia, dear, what happened to your phone?”

Nyla left the room and I told Auntie that it broke “accidentally”.

After she bought my teeth gritted little lie, auntie left the room telling me that I should be a lot more careful with things like this since I was growing up now and all.

I lied down on my bed and thought some more about all of this and if I was really doing the right thing or not.

Should I tell him?’ I wondered. ‘I mean, I should at least ask Drew somehow if he ever felt anything about me more than just friends before doing anything too drastic, right?

I promised myself that I was going to try that tomorrow and see what his answer would be.

I turned my attention over to my black and pink phone with skulls on it one last time before tossing it into the small garbage can in my room and watching it land swiftly in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
' ' = air quotes
Nyla is kinda like my lil sis, 'cuz she acts like that, only worse.

Nick's Phone:
http://www.istyles.com/images/TMSK-SKULLY-PNK.jpg