Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

Mixed 'N' Matched Love: Ch. 15 - Edited.

Nick's POV:

Ugh, how could I possibly have been so clueless and just forget all about the anklet?’ I thought to myself, as I tried to come up with a good excuse for Drew. ‘God, I’m so stupid! I have to think of something to say and I’ve got to do it now, or it’ll all be too late. I guess I have no choice but to lie to him…again!

“Drew, I-she’s actually…” I sighed. “The truth is Drew, Nikki’s…like really sick and she didn’t want to disappoint you, so she sent me to take her place. And I also really didn’t want you to be upset, so I agreed to it.” I babbled on.

“Oh. Well…” I was afraid of what he was going to say, but I braced myself for the worst. “You’re a really good sister, then.”

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“So, why’d you faint then?”

“I don’t really know. I guess I’m just a bit tired, that’s all.” I answered.

“Oh.”

We stayed silent for a little while then and in all the short clothes I was wearing, I started to feel a little chilly, even though my face was burning brightly.

“Um…maybe I should get home or something, since you obviously expected Nikki instead.” I finally said.

I actually really didn’t want to leave, but I just felt so awkward and weird this way.

“But, you just got here and so what if I expected Nikki? We can still have together.” Drew told me, grinning.

I got up from the bench then and started to walk towards the exit of the park. Drew followed behind me and I slowed my pace down to match up with his.

After a while, of walking silence, I could hear something coming from next to me. I turned around to face Drew and noticed that he was holding a hand to his mouth and trying to stifle a laugh.

”What’s so funny?” I asked him, my hands on my hips.

“Ah, nothin’,” he chuckled. “It’s just…I seriously can’t believe you went through all that trouble and actually wore this kind of clothing for me."

"I didn't do it for you," I stated. "I did it for Nikki."

“You know you look kinda hot.”

“Oh, shut up!” I punched his arm.

I knew he didn’t mean it, because he knew that I wasn’t really Nikki at the moment, but I still couldn’t help blushing when he said it.

When I had got home, I had dinner and made sure to get a lot of sleep. I could not let what happened today happen ever again. I was lucky to have made it out this time, but who knows what’ll happen next time?

I’ve got to be more careful. I really do. But, how am I supposed to do that when I promised Drew that I would never take the anklets off?’ I thought to myself. ‘Sigh! Well, I guess I’ll just have to hide it from now on. I mean, what else could I do about it, besides that?