Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

Mixed 'N' Matched Love: Ch. 48 - Edited.

Drew's POV:

Ever since I saved Nick from that dangerous place and most importantly from her dangerous self, I’ve noticed she’s been acting pretty weird. And it wasn’t her normal weird self either; it was the insane weird self that I hated seeing in her. She was up to something. I didn’t know what and I wasn’t sure if it was another suicide plan or if it was something just as bad.

Nick and I had such a long history back at High Creek/The Star Bright World – as we called it – and I couldn’t believe what she actually was just about to attempt over there. I mean, what the hell was she thinking?!

I was so furious over that, that I just slapped her across the face. I didn’t mean to, but she had no idea just how upset she had made me. I was just lucky to have gotten there on time or else it would’ve been far too late for me to save her.

I loved her. I loved her so fucking much and I still wondered why she couldn’t possibly just see that already?!

How many more times did I have to apologize to her before she actually believed and accepted me? How many more times was she going to keep trying to end her life and fail miserably?’ those were some of the questions that I was yearning to have the answers to. ‘What was the matter with her? And what was the matter with me? What’s happened to us? What’s happened to our short-lived relationship and what about our long-term friendship?

I wanted it all back. I wanted all those days we spent together back. I wanted to take everything I’ve said and done to Nick. I wanted to fix her up once and for all and just love her, and have her love me back.

As I walked back towards my house, I thought over all of this and finally made the decision on what had to be done.

I was going to fix up all of this. I was going to make everything all better between Nick and I. We were going to have a better future together. We both knew that our wedding was coming up soon and fast. And I knew that I had to fix up all of this before that day came or I’m pretty sure she’s gonna end up doing something at the wedding altar that I’m most likely going to end up regretting for the rest of my life.

The first thing I did was head over to her place to make sure she got there all in one piece and didn’t try to make another stupid attempt. I got Nyla to get me up to her room and when she opened the door – which was on the second knock – I was surprised that she actually opened it up for us. Normally, she wouldn’t even hear it over the blasting of her emo music and if she did, she’d usually just ignore us and I’d have to come in through her balcony instead.

The first thing I noticed when I saw her was that she looked totally insane! I mean, she had this totally crazy grin plastered over her face that made her look a lot more than just a bit psycho. And not to mention that her hair was kind of a mess, sticking out in a bunch of random directions. She looked too much like one of those ghost chicks in those creepy Friday the 13th movies.

I could tell even Nyla was freaked out, but she was her little sister and she’s been with her longer than I have, so she knew what she had to do. While the two of them talked, I let my eyes wander around her room looking for any suspicious objects. Even though, Nick quit cutting herself, one could still never be too careful. I searched for anything that looked sharp or out of the ordinary. I knew for a fact that if most advanced cutters usually used whatever they could find lying around as a weapon to their skin.

They didn’t necessarily need just razors, they could pencil sharpeners, scissors, or even their jewelry. As long as it was sharp and pointy, they could find some use to them.

But, as I looked around, I didn’t see any of that.

Unless…’ I thought to myself. ‘Unless Nick’s hiding it.

I nodded my head, promising myself that I was going to be back in a few minutes to check up on her again.

I turned my eyes back on the two girls, they were still talking, or at least well, Nyla was trying to keep the conversation going while Nick was just trying to get out of it already. I tried to find whatever emotions that Nick had locked up in her. I was great at figuring out when something was up with Nick by just looking into her eyes.

But right now, her eyes were just plain blank and looked practically lifelessly. Before I could say or do anything, she just slammed the door on us. At that point, I was absolutely sure then that there was something up with that girl and I knew that I needed to find out what it was before it was too late.

I raced out of the house, giving Nyla a quick goodbye, and headed back towards my own house. I ran up the stairs two a time and barged into my room. From there, I climbed onto my balcony and then swung over to hers. I tried opening it, but it was locked tight.

Smart girl,’ I said to myself. ‘But, you know I’m just as smart as you are and you know that very well, sweetheart.

I pressed my ears to the door, since the curtains were drawn over the windows, and tried to listen to anything to what she might be doing in there. Her room may have been soundproof from the halls, but from outside if you were on her balcony, you could hear everything. There were many times that she ended up waking me up in the middle of the night, but she made a good alarm clock for me in the mornings.

But, this time, I couldn’t hear anything. There wasn’t any music on that I could hear of or any other sound to be heard. It was silent, too silent. It was too weird and creeped me out. I wondered what the hell she was doing in there, but there was also no way for me to find out.

I decided knocking on and checking to see if there was any movement going on would be the only option. So I did, but there wasn’t. It was almost as if she was no longer in the room at all.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called Nick on her home phone number – I was pretty surprised I still had it since I was always calling Nick on her cell. It was Nyla who picked it up, which I knew she would, since her father wasn’t at home.

“Hey Drew, what’s up?” she asked me. “Why are you calling on the landline?”

“Oh, um, I was just wondering if Nick was home or not? I mean, I know you just talked to her, but it doesn’t seem like it.” I told her.

“Alright, I’ll check,” I could hear Nyla running up the stairs from where I was standing as well as her knocking on the door for a while before twisting the knob and opening it. It was a few seconds before she answered me, so she must’ve been looking around for her and checking the bathroom. “No, Drew, she’s not here.”

”Alright, thanks.” I told her quickly and hung up before she could try to ask me anything about what happened and where Nick might be or anything else that I knew I couldn’t answer.

Where could she have gone this time?’ I wondered.

And then an idea hit me.

I should ask the guys! They’ve helped me out when I was looking for Nick before and they can do it again. I mean, that is what friends are for, right? Of course they are.