Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

Mixed 'N' Matched Love: Ch. 63 - Edited.

Nick's POV:

As the days went by, I went on doing my wife duties. I cooked, I cleaned, I spoke nicely to everyone, I did what I was told with everyone all except Drew. You could say I was still mad at him for all the things he's done, but really, I was still pretty terrified of him. Every night, he looked like someone else. He looked so much like my past, it almost made me want to go back to being the Monster Nick I used to be in my college days, but I wouldn't allow myself to go back down that path.

It's been a month now and things have been going pretty good - well, as good as it can be for me. Drew and I have not had sex as of yet and Drew's mom has stopped trying to force us together - which I'm very grateful of, by the way. She somehow realized all on her own that love can't be produced all willy-nilly, it takes time and patience.

My life's still the same as it's always been, because let's face it, my marriage life and my life from before are not that different. I'm doing the same thing I've been doing my whole entire life. Wake up with Drew - which was optional, hang out with Drew, have breakfast with Drew, hang out some more with Drew, go out with Drew, talk to Drew, eat with Drew, walk with Drew, have dinner with Drew, go to bed with Drew - which was no longer optional. Drew, Drew, Drew! That's all my life has ever revolved around - Drew! - and now that I'm married to Drew, that's all it ever will revolve around.

I had nothing to do with myself anymore. I couldn't go out anymore - not without Drew anyway, I couldn't hang out with the guys - not alone anyway, I couldn't dress the way I wanted - that I particularly hated, by the way - because of the attraction I might cause in front of the guests that I never even seen let alone heard of that were always coming over from places I never even heard of to come and see Drew's new little bride.

I was like a new prize in front of those people - those people being Drew's mom side of the family, his half relatives, which he's never mentioned to me about - I was a new toy. If I were to even act, walk, talk, or dress a certain way, I would lose their attention for forever. I couldn't be Nick in front of them; I had to be Nikki and nothing made my blood boil more than that, not even the little comments that they all made with every breath that I took.

And to make matters worse Drew didn't even do or say anything about it! He had become like me all of a sudden. He didn't talk to anyone, he didn't do anything, he hardly ever ate, I don't think he even thought about things as much as he used to! We no longer talked nor did we look at each other; I tried my best to avoid him at all costs.

That only made our lives even more boring. Our days before would fly by with TV shows, rock concerts, and fun trip to the movies with the whole gang, but now that everything has gone so wrong, it just feels awkward even thinking about doing something like that again. What we had before was too far gone and broken and there wasn't much that we could do about it.

I figured our lives would probably go on like that forever and ever, not changing at all, but then one day, it did. It was because Drew's mother finally couldn't take the tension between us any longer and decided to take matters into her own hands.

"It's decided then," she announced aloud out of nowhere. "the two of you are going to London for your honeymoon!"

I swear I felt as if my heart had just dropped into my stomach after I heard that. I couldn't keep my eyes from widening in fear of that word. Drew, who stood next to me with his eyes down at his feet, suddenly picked his head up and I noticed his eyes brighten at the same word that was causing me to practically shake in my spot.

I was afraid of this. I have been since the first week, but when it didn't come, I figured that it was never gonna happen. And now all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I was hearing this news. It had taken me by such surprise that I knew I better sit down quickly before things got even more out of hand.

I stumbled over to the small one-person couch in the living room and took a seat. Mrs. Melliar followed me and took a seat across from me. I looked up at her with desperate eyes and hoped with all my heart that she could read them and understand why I so didn't want this.

"Won't that be fun? You'll get to see London and Drew'll be able to show you all the nice sights and fun places he's been to!" she squealed.

'Are you crazy, woman!' I wanted to yell aloud to her. 'Why can't you just understand that in order for two people to go on a honeymoon, those two people need to be in love with each other?!'

But, try as I might, I could never get those words out of my mouth. After getting married and coming into the house to live forever, I had for some reason gone totally soft and numb. I could no longer talk back to anyone or do whatever I wanted. It was always, "Yes, Mrs. Melliar, I mean, mom. No, mom. Of course, mom. Whatever you say, mom." I could never go against her and Mr. Melliar, I mean, dad. I just didn't have that same energy in me that I used to before and nothing made me sadder.

So, I couldn't say nor do anything - absolutely anything as this whole honeymoon plan went about. I couldn't protest against it, I couldn't try to delay it, I couldn't argue over it with anyone, but most importantly I couldn't run away from it.

But, then again, if I had chosen to leave Drew behind and just...go somewhere and hide away until I died of starvation or got murdered, shot, eaten by some wild animal, I would've never gotten the chance to get over my past. It was Drew who came back for me from London a few years ago to fix me and he was going to do the same thing over the honeymoon.

At that moment, the whole thing seemed like an insane idea - all alone in a foreign place with someone who's tried to get me raped by their best friend? That wasn't cool at all! - but as the days went by during our little break, I actually got the chance to let Drew in and help me out.

This honeymoon was what changed it all - for the better this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so, I know I haven't worked on this for quite a while, but I've had some MAJOR writer's block on not only this particular story, but on a lot of my other popular ones. I've been working on this ch. since yesterday and I finally just finished right now. I really, really, hope you all enjoy it and uh, this story's kind of coming to an end. There's still like PLENTY of chs. left! Buttttttt, I do know what the ending's gonna be like and I ASSURE you, you are SO gonna love it, because it's something that you'd NEVER guess would happen!
Really hope u all love it! =D