Status: Editing it up a little. =)

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

Mixed 'N' Matched Love: Ch. 7 - Edited.

Nick's POV:

I had actually thought of calling up Drew and seeing if that guy picks it up or not, but I didn’t have my cell phone on me right now. I remembered it was outside on the patio and cursed myself for forgetting it there. I knew that the only way to get it now was to go out there myself, but that was so not possible!

The footsteps grew louder and closer until they had stopped just outside my room.

A few more footsteps and I knew he was now in my room, facing me. But, I couldn’t see him and he couldn’t see me, since I was looking the other way. My hand clutching auntie’s bedpost so hard my knuckles were turning pink.

“Uh hi,” he said after a while. But, I still didn’t turn around. “My name’s Drew. And you are?”

Hearing that caused me to turn around so fast, my own hair ended up hitting me in the face. I didn’t even have time to think about the consequences of me turning around to face him like this.

But, now as I thought of it, I realized I was just being silly. Drew hasn’t seen my face since we were still kids and he doesn’t know my auntie either, so there was no possibility or chance that he could recognize me like this.

“Um, I’m Ni-Nikki.” I replied back, trying my best to disguise my voice, but I just ended up sounding like a total guy.

“Is there something, um, wrong with your voice?” Drew asked, one of his perfect eyebrows arched up.

“Oh, I…uh, just have a small cold, is all.”

I was so nervous; I must’ve sounded like a total idiot!

We stood there in like complete silence and I was just so close to just telling Drew the whole truth when auntie came practically skipping into the room. You know for an almost sixty year old lady, she can get pretty excited over the sillies of things.

“So, Nikkia, sweetheart,” she started. “What do you think of Andrew, dear? Yes? Or no?”

I realized what she was asking me and gave her a slight shake mixed with a nod of my head.

“Great! Now what about you, Andrew?” she turned towards him.

I couldn’t look at him though, afraid of what he might say or do. But, I also couldn’t resist the temptation of knowing what his answer might be. So, I just looked up a little through my eyelashes and at his mouth to see what words might form out of them.

“Uh…yes.” he finally said.

My eyes widened and a blush started to creep up on my cheeks.

We didn’t even talk much and he hardly knows me, well, Nikki, and he still wants to get married?

What the hell?’ was all I could think of.

But, there was also the part where he seriously said yes and right now that was all I could care about. I was so happy, I felt like I were about to explode into confetti or something like that.

I was just staring at the air in front of me in awe that I hadn’t even noticed that Drew was already out the door and back in the living room with his parents.

I could feel auntie’s eyes on me, but all I did was just grin like a fool at nothing in particular in front of me. Auntie just shrugged and left the room then, and I plopped down on my back on her bed, still grinning like an idiot at the pale white ceiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I know that this wasn't the longest ch. and I sped through it a little too fast, but I promise it'll get a lot better soon. Also, the next ch. mite not be so big either. I'm gonna to go post it right now. Hope u guys enjoyed! =)