Status: On an indefinite break sorry about this....

Dear Romeo, Where Do You Think You're Going?

Chapter One

“Sebastian! Come BACK!” I yell to my best friend, as he runs away, into the forest, after pushing me into the lake I might add. He just laughs, turning back to look at me, while running, and he hit a tree. I start laughing and my head goes underwater. I’m not the best swimmer, so I came back up coughing and panicking. I’m only 10 after all.

“Lily, are you okay?” Sebastian calls, getting up from the ground where he fell after hitting the tree. I go under again; coughing some more as my head comes back up. “Hang on!” Sebastian shouts running towards me. He dives into the lake and within seconds grabs me and starts towing me back to shore. Now we’re both wet, I think to myself, as Sebastian pulls me to shore. He helps me out of the water, and I roll onto my back, coughing up all the water I swallowed. Finally I stop coughing.

“Geez Lil! Did you have to drink the entire lake?” he asks laughing, as I, playfully, hit his shoulder. It’s getting dark, I think sadly looking up at the almost dark sky. It was time to go back.

“Time to go back” I sigh standing up, and heading towards Sebastian’s house. He catches up to me easily, and we walk in silence through the forest towards his house. We just came into view of his house when three people storm out of his house, it’s my parents and my older brother.

“Get in the car,” my mother orders, as we get closer, then turning towards Sebastian, “You should go inside,” she hisses, dangerously. I look at Sebastian and he looks at me, I gulp and hug him quickly, before getting in the car.

“Bye” I call out opening the window in the car.

“BYE!” he hollers back at me as the car pulls out of the driveway. He waves at me, grinning, and I can't help but smiling and waving to him. He smiles at he one more time before turning and running inside his house. My mom turns to look at me; it was her you’re in trouble look. I gulp.

“You are never to see or speak to that boy again” she hisses at me, turning back to face the road, not even waiting for an answer it was a closed discussion. What the hell? I think turning to look out my window, can she hiss anymore? Is she my mom or a snake? What the hell is wrong with her? Why aren’t I allowed to see him anymore?

*********************************************************************************

“Bye!” I holler waving to her as the car starts to leave. I lower my hand slowly, what the hell was that all about? I think to myself, “Walking towards the house, Maybe Dad will know… I began running towards the house. Entering my house I see that I’m just in time to see my father in a blinding rage.

“How DARE they?!?! After all that we've done and said! After this stupid document!!!! All of that time... wasted!!!! ARGH!!!” My father screams, ripping a piece of paper to shreds. I haven't seen him this mad since… since my older brother, Roark, told us that he was gay and then knocked over a candle, burning our family tapestry. Man that was a bad time… I think just as something interrupts my thoughts.

BANG!

CRASH!

“HONEY!!! STOP!!!" My mother screams as dad got a little out of control. He's going soon wear a hole in the floor... I think as he paces back and forth across the floor, opps there goes Aunt Flynn's antique vase, never really liked it anyway, I think as my father knocks the vase over, then he turns his eyes towards me.

“YOU!!” He roars at me, I stumble back unprepared for this sudden outburst, I stare at my father with wide eyes. “You are never to see, or speak… actually I don't even want to HEAR that families name ever again!!!!” I stare at him my eyes growing wider.

“What!?!” I yell, shit, did I just say that out loud?? I think to myself. Judging from my father’s expression and the fact that his face was now like an inch away from mine… yeah I guess I did. Oh shit, I'm dead.

“What? WHAT?!?! That girl and her family have disgraced and abandoned us!!!! How DARE they!!” He screams at me, I try not to cringe, I still have no clue what’s going on. What did Lily to do? I ask myself, before opening my mouth.

“Father, please! What are you talking about?” His eyes seem to clear and as he realizes what he’s doing, he sighs. That was it, he just sighs, and then there is silence, a deafening silence. A few moments later, my father breaks it by saying,

“I'm sorry son, but you are never to see Lily ever again. Her...” I stop listening to him then, what the hell did he just say? No I must be imaging stuff, that’s all... I know! I’ll ask him to repeat... I think tuning my father out until he puts his hand on my head, then I start paying attention.

“That’s why we need to be strong son, seeing as the King just died a few hours ago and the country is in unrest since he had no heirs. A war could start because of this. We have always sided with the King and the Monarchy, and so has Lily’s family but now with two different cousins with equal right to the throne, they sided with the opposite cousin.... I'm sorry Sebastian.” I stare at him for a few seconds before it began to sink in...

“That's what this is about?!?! That's STUPID!! Why can’t you guys work this out like adults?!? Why would you separate us up over something like THIS!?!?” I scream at him, throwing my mother’s favorite vase at him, I heard her gasp as it hits the wall behind my father, and shatters.

“Son, we had no...” my father tries to say, I interrupt him.

"Don't say you had no choice, there's always a choice," I hiss at them, I was pissed off and extremely sad, I love Lily!! I was close to tears now, but I’m not going to show them that. “I HATE YOU!!! Don't come near me ever again!!” I scream at them, pushing my father out of the way and running upstairs to my room. I could hear him beginning to follow, but then my mom stops him. About time she did something, how could she let him do that Lily and me?!? I think running into my room and slamming the door.

SLAM!!!

I felt a bit better as I hear the resounding noise from my door, and I collapse behind it. How could they do that? They had no right; it's not their place to decide. It's not... I think as someone begins to knock on the door.

KNOCK

KNOCK

KNOCK

It's my mom. I decide to hear her out, she was in a more sensible mood than my father, and maybe she could shed some light on this stupid war.

“Honey, we didn't mean to hurt you.” She says through the door, I didn’t really want her in my room right now.

“Yeah well that worked out well” I mumble, I think she heard me anyway.

“Necessary?!?! How is it necessary?!?!” I scream at her.

“You don't realize how hard it as on us as well, but I can show you, I'm sorry” She says, shoving some papers into under my door. My mom, stood outside my door for a moment, but then she gave a strangled sob and leaves.

“Finally,” I mutter as she leaves “Now what are these,” I say reaching for the papers. I hear my father start screaming again I think it was about me this time.

“That boy made you cry!!??!?!?...He's in for it now!!! I don't care if he's distraught or heartbroken; there was no need to hurt you!!” He screams at my mother, maybe not letting her in my room was a bad choice... I think to myself as I hear footsteps on the stairs. Shit! Dad's coming. I think in a rush, what am I going to do? What to do? THE TREE HOUSE! I quickly grab the papers, running towards the window and yank it open. My father’s footsteps are getting closer. I take a deep breath and jump onto the tree outside my window. Thank god my room is only on the second floor and not on the third, I think climbing down the tree, I hear my father outside of my room. He’s pounding on the door.

“BOY!!” He screams, “OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!!!”

CRASH!!

There goes my door, I think reaching the ground and running towards the forest where Lily and I built a tree house years ago. A few moments later I reach the tree house, and I start climbing. Lily... That’s all I could think about, we built it together… a few years back by the lake... our lake... this is... was out favorite place to hang out... I reach the top of the tree house and I walk to the back and sit down making sure I was out of sight in case someone came looking for me. Then I pulled out those papers and began reading…

I throw down the papers, disgusted, how could my parents do this to me!!! I think, unsure if I was angry, or shocked maybe both. Our parents had planned for us to marry... but now it’s never going to happen... I’m never going to see the girl I love again. What a horrible mess this day turned out to be. First I lose my best friend, second I’m in more trouble than Roark and I have ever been, combined, and thirdly I lost a future wife!!! Then I did the least manly thing any man could do, I let down and cried.

When I woke up there was a plate of food in front of me and a blanket over me, what is going on? I think to myself, just as I hear a voice from somewhere.

“Oh, you’re finally awake!” the voice is oddly cheerful, not matching my mood at all, “Your parents are searching all over for you, they're worried sick! Don’t worry, I didn't tell anyone you were here. Just rest and feel better.” Finally, I manage to locate the voice, and surprisingly it was Annie. The daughter of one of our maid's, she’s a year older than me and she used to play with me and... Everything that happened before came rushing back. I let out a strangled sob.

“Sebastian, are you ok?” she asks coming over to me and wrapping me in a hug, "Everything will be ok, it'll all get better, I promise."

How can she be so sure? I wonder to myself.

♠ ♠ ♠
From here on it's no longer happy... well as happy xD For the record Lily (the girl's) pov is mine i wrote it but sebastian's (the guy's) pov my cousin wrote xD