Status: Active-ish.

Things Have Changed For Me...

One.

Smack. I heard from upstairs.

"Get the hell out of this house!" I heard my mother scream through her tears.

I thought I was in for hearing a million angry screams all day.

"Ok, I will Victoria. I will leave, I don't love you anyway. Don't even bother about my stuff just burn it." He said, he walked out the door and got his truck, he was gone. Finally.

~*~

"Fuck!" I yelled banging my hands against the steering wheel when I realized my car wouldn't start. "The battery is dead."

"Sky chill, we could walk to my house it's not that far." Brendon said to me.

"No, I need it to start anyway , plus it's cold outside. It is December." I looked at him. "This is my only coat..." Looking down at my thin jean jacket.

"I know, how about this we walk to my house and then we can come back with my, call Teressa and Ryan and tell them we will be late before we do anything." he explained. "We can go to my house and get my car, Ryan and Teressa, drive over here, jump start your car and then go and then go hang out. I don't even know where we are going."

"Yeah that sounds good. Thanks Bren." I said.

"No problem Sky." he said getting out of the car with me.

I then called Teressa and Ryan telling them we would be late. They understood.

"Yeah, you're always the calm one." I said.

"Yeah that's me sometimes... I can be pretty crazy but you know that." he said. I looked up at him, I felt short compared to him, me being 5' 5".

"Yes I know Brendon." I said.

"Yeah." he said smiling at me. "Why wasn't your dad home?"

"He left. Finally." I said. He knew half of my story, my dad drank and that's all he knew.

"Really! I'm so happy for you!" he said to me. "Are you cold?"

I now realized that my teeth were chattering. "N-no"

"Yes! I know you are!" he then took off his jacket and put around my shoulders. Then he put his arm around me.

"You will be cold then!" I exclaimed trying to his jacket and arm off , but he wouldn't let me.

"Nah... I'm a man. I can handle the cold." he said.

"Sure." I said sarcastically. Truth is Brendon and Teressa were the only ones who made me smile. With all of the fucked up things going on at home they made me happy.

"I am a fucking man!" he said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yes... wanna see?" Along with Brendon being well... Brendon, he could be a total flirt and jackass sometimes.

"What? Hell no!" I said.

"Ok, your loss."

"Trust me I really don't think it's a loss."

"Oh, it really is." he said with a convincing smile on his face.

"Whatever." I said

He still had his arm around me...

"Are you sure your not cold Mr. Man." I said.

"No." he said.

"Sure." I again said.

"I'm not I promise you." I said. "Who are you my fucking mother!"

"No I'm just one of your best friends." I said. Wow I felt happy for once... this felt nice.

"True, you are." he said grinning.

"Oh my gosh! It's your house" I exclaimed seeing his house a block away. "Your house means warmth!"

He then grabbed my hand and pulled me. Here in Summerlin it doesn't usually get this cold. But I'm cold all the time anyway so it doesn't matter.

We saw Teressa and Ryan sitting on Ryan's car.

"Well, well well what do we have here? Brendon and sky holding hands? Whats next a fuck fest in the back seat?" Ryan said.

"Shut up you child." I said punching him in the arm.

"Oh that hurt so fucking bad." he said sarcastically rolling his eyes and pulling his right hand over where I hit him.

"Hey sky!" Teressa said giving me a hug. "How are.... things?"

"I will tell you later." i said.

"You know you could tell me." Brendon said.

"I know but not while he is here." I said looking at Ryan. I mean, was friends with him just not like best-friend-tell-secrets-to-each-other close.

"He I heard that!" he said.

"Yes I know you should of." I said laughing.

"I hate you Sky."

"Love you too Ryan!" I said.

"So what happened with your car?" Ryan asked me as we walked inside.

"The battery died." I said.

"Oh that sucks."

"Yeah."

"Ha! That's why you two ending up walking... are you sure all you did was walk?" Ryan said.

"Yes!" Brendon and I both yelled.

"Sure... you guys will be together eventually." he said.

"Whatever." Brendon said.

"Ok." Ryan said sarcastically.

"Ok well do you guys want to leave and go do something of what?" Teressa said standing by me.

"Yeah lest go." Brendon said.

This was one of the many times we all went out together. We are all just friends. Nothing more.

We all got into Brendon's car, Teressa and I in the back, Ryan and Brendon in front. Brendon driving.

"Were do you guys want to go?" Ryan asked.

"I really don't care." I said, "Just lets go somewhere."

"Ok... WE COULD GO TO THE STRIP CLUBS! OR GO GET FUCKING WASTED!" Brendon yelled.

"Oh boy... as fun as that sounds, I'd rather not." Teressa said.

"Yeah I'd rather not." I said.

"Guys I was kidding." he said.

"Awe... but I really wanted to." Ryan said. "Nah I'm kidding."

"Good." Teressa said. Oh those two... they are bound to get together sometime. "Hows the band going?"

"Good, just put up some music on our Pure Volume page." Ryan said.

"Cool." I said.

"Ok where do you guys want to go?" Brendon then asked.

"We could go eat." Ryan said. "I'm fucking hungry."

"Ok then we will go eat." he said.

~*~

We walked into... wow... Arbey's.

"Ryan, why did we have to go to freaking Arbey's?" I asked.

"What they have good food..."

"If you say so." Teressa said.

We all ordered and then went and sat down waiting for our order. Then my phone rang. I finally picked it up, it was my mom.

"Sweetie? Where are you?" I asked.

"At Arbey's with Teressa, Brendon, and Ryan." I said.

"Oh, ok sweetie."

"Ok mom love you."

"Love you Sky."

I hung up and walked back out to our table. I felt happy in a way, he was finally gone.

"Whats wrong?" Teressa asked me.

"Nothing my mom just wanted to know where I was, oh yeah did I tell you guys my dad left?"

They all new I hated my father with all my heart. I didn't want to hate him, I just did though. He beat both of us, but then would hide it all whenever something would try to be done about it and get my mother and I away from him.

"Really! That's great!" Teressa said giving me a hug.

"Yeah great!" Ryan said as I sat down, our food was already here, One of them must of went and got it.

We ate almost in silence.

"Guys one of you say something!" I then said to break the silence.

"Sorry." Brendon said.

"It's cool."

"Hey Sky can I talk to you?" Teressa then said.

"Yeah." I said.

We got up and went to the bathroom. "Are you sure you're ok?

"Yeah I'm fine." I said.

"So, what did you and Brendon do?" she asked.

"Nothing! Oh my gosh! We hung out at my house just watching T.V and talking. Then we went to leave and my car wouldn't start. Then we decided to walk like we told you on the phone. I got cold and the put his jacket over my shoulders and then put his arm around me. Shesh! Were just friends." I explained.

"Ok, I believe you, you guys do look cute together though." she said.

"Yeah so do you and Ryan, so were equal." I said.

"Whatever, so are you going to stop... you know?" I knew what she meant, she met the cutting I did on my upper thighs.

"I think so, I feel happy. Like a burden has been lifted off my back."

"Ok good." she said almost like the didn't believe me but I think I will stop. I feel better now.

"We walked out to rejoin Ryan and Brendon."

Ryan then said something to Teressa that shocked me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. (:
Love? Hate?
Subscribe? Comment?
Don't be a silent reader.
[Edited: January 20, 2011]