Status: Active-ish.

Things Have Changed For Me...

Sixteen.

If you ask me, all need help in some way. It could be mentally, physically, financially, it doesn’t matter. I feel that we all need help in some way. I don't know why this thought crossed my mind but it just did.

“So why did you blow up at your brother yesterday?” I asked Teressa.

“I don't even know,” she said frustratedly. “I think it was just something he said or did. I don't even remember. I just got so angry.”

“Yeah I know how you feel,” I said

“I knew you would understand,” she replied.

“I know how you feel.”

A tear fell from my eye and onto my jeans and I look my hand off of the steering wheel to wipe my eyes. I saw the tear stain on my jean and looked over at my best friend. She didn't notice my tear just like she didn't notice how I truly felt when my dad was with me. She knew some, but not all. I know exactly what shes going through.

We soon pulled into my house and my mom was home.

“Hey Sky,” she said looking at me in the front. “Oh! Hello Teressa, I didn't see you there.”

“Hey Vicky,” she said. She has known my mom for a while and my mom basically loves her. It's kind of awesome actually.

“How have you been?” my mom asked her.

“Ok I guess, how about you?”

“Better.” she replied smiling.

“Great.” Teressa said with the same smile as my mother on my face.

We walked upstairs to my room and I put my stuff down. Teressa did the same and sat down on my floor. “You do realize that there is a bed and two chairs right there.” I said to her laughing at her weirdness.

“Yeah, I know. I like sitting on the floor though. If I get uncomfortable I will come join you on a piece of furniture.” she said to me innocently.

“You surprise me everyday.” I said. I knew she liked to sit on the floor but she just was funny sometimes at the most random moments.

“I know, and that why you love me so much.”

“Yes I do love you.” I said.

She smiled and then laid down on the floor. “So Friday?”

“What about it?” I questioned.

“Are you excited?”

“Yeah. I love hanging out with Ryan and Brendon. It's just weird though. Like I said before it's just like we are friends with just labels and that bugs me.”

“True. Maybe we could all see a movie together and then we could split up for dinner. It could work.” she said.

“Yeah I think that might work.” I said.

She smiled at me and she looked up at my ceiling. We sat in silence for a few moments. I liked the silence. Soon the silence becomes too much. The simplicity of it is killing me.

“So did you talk to Spencer today? Besides at lunch when you had your cursing spasm.” I asked her.

She smiled at the memory “Yeah I said hey and I asked how his trip went.”

“Sweet. I said hey to him in homeroom.”

“Yeah he can be too quiet sometimes,” she said.

“Yeah, but that's the great Spencer Smith for you: loving, lovable, realist Spencer.” I said.

“Yeah Spencer is pretty rad.” she said.

“I agree, I agree.” I said.

I looked at her. Her eyes were a clear light brown and they looked like they were hiding something from me. “Are you sure your ok?” I asked.

“Yeah Sky I'm fine.” she said to me with a reassuring smile.

“Ok.” I said half convinced. Give me a sign, I want to believe.

I smiled back at her and got up to turn on some music. I turned on whatever was on my computer. First up: Nirvana. Another thing I really loved about Teressa she listened to the same type of music I did. We both loved, the same bands our parents did; Queen, The Beatles, Journey, and all that stuff. I can't really say that my mom was a Nirvana fan but I loved the music she listened to.

I started singing along to “Come As You Are” when I got a call from Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
These last two chapters were inspired by the full version of "The Ballad Of Mona Lisa."
If you havn't heard it yet it's on my Tumblr.
Trust me it's on there, and it's amazing.
I freaked out on my mom and almost screamed. Now she thinks I'm a weirdo, but it's ok I am an odd one.
Thanks for reading. Oh and by the way, comments make me very happy, also they make me update more. Constructive critism is welcome also.