Status: Its a little slow going. but give me slack i'm new!!!

Im a gothic, badass lesbian...oh yea, and a half vampire!

chap 5. Half breeds/ Trinetta perfection

Mom drove down the road, smiling a smug smile. Daniel and Vince had begged her to tell them what the surprise was for us. But she refused to give in.

I was curious, but not enough to ponder over it. I was zoned out, listening to escape the fate.

As hard as I tried I couldn’t get Trinetta out of my head. Her sad eyes kept flashing in my mind. Her silence during Musical Arts, I wanted more than anything to know what was hurting her.

But why?

Why was I so concerned over someone I just met? And not to mention she was a human, a preppy human as well.

I shook my head, trying to erase my thoughts, failing miserably.

“ok we are here!” said my mom in her chipper voice. I looked out the window to see a parking lot filled with cars.

It was a car dealership.

“what are we doing here?” I asked, Trinetta disappearing from my thoughts, though not completely.

“well seeing as all three of you have your licenses and well you do need a way to get around, I decided to buy you all a car of your choosing. Though, mind you, they are used. it’s the best I could do.” she sad her smile falling just a bit.

Vince did a girly scream and jumped on my mother, practically suffocating her, if that was possibly.

“chill Vince, don’t have a hard attack” said Daniel, getting out of the truck. I followed suit, smiling and looking around at the cars.

I had been dieing to get a car since the day I got my license. But of course my mom could never afford it.

Then I turned back to my mother and frowned “mom? How are you going to pay for three cars?”

My mom looked over at me smiling. “oh, well the other day at the salon, a lady came in and said she had a huge emergency and needed a bunch of stuff done in only a few hours. I told her that I didn’t think It was going to be done, but she made me an offer.” mom smiled bigger, her smile lines making her look younger than she was. Well in human years.

“what was the deal?” I asked

“well she said she owned a small used car dealership and that if I could get everything done in time, that she would allow me to have any car on the lot for half its asking price. So I told her of my children. She said she would go even lower. So here we are.”

I smiled lightly, my mom could persuade people very well. I turned and walked behind my brothers toward the small building at the back of the lot. My mom following behind, smiling at some cars.

We walked through some double doors and into a small office. A long counter stood in front of us, a few smaller desks behind it. Some chairs were to our right. A woman with light brown hair sat behind one of the desks. She looked young. Too young to work in a car dealership. She looked like some of the people my mother worked with.

The woman looked up at our approach and smiled at my mother. “Ms. Carpathia, so nice to see you!” the woman stood and walked over to where the counter ended and came around to hug my mother. I could almost hear my mothers low hiss. It was difficult to be around humans when your half vampire, I couldn’t even imagine the agony for a full.

“hello again Mrs. Hill. These are my three children, Daniel, my oldest” Daniel stepped forward and shook the woman’s hand. “my middle child Vince.” Vince smiled and waved his hello. “and my youngest, Emery” I just nodded. Keeping my firm pose. I wasn’t much of a people person.

The woman smiled “nice to meet you all, well I should let you meet my husband and sons.” she turned and walked to a door to the left, opened it and called, “Jerry, Kaden, Cole! Come meet our new friends.”

I smirked at the word friends. Like we would be staying her very long.

After a moment three male figures stepped through the door.

One was a man, maybe in his early to mid thirties. He had dark black hair, and tanned skin. He had on a business suit and looked kind.

Beside him were two boys. The oldest looking one, had light brown hair. He looked to be pretty full of himself, considering the smirk he flashed me. I almost gagged.

Beside him, a boy who looked my age, had black hair hat fell into his eyes. He had pale skin, it seemed to shine lightly under his black baggy clothing. He didn’t smile, he seemed to be lost in thought.

“this is my husband Jerry, and our two boys, Cole and Kaden.” Mrs. Hill smiled. “oh and you all can call me Ronda.” she smiled at us, then turned to her husband and kids. “honey this is the stylist I told you of who saved my life. Oh and her three children, Daniel, Vince and Emery.”

The older boy, Cole stared at me and licked his lips. This time I did gag. Ugh men are so piggish. My mom elbowed me in the shoulder. Let me say its hard to get me to say ‘ow’ but my mom can pull it off.

“so how about I and Jerry talk to you Ms. Carpathia, and boys why don’t you take them out to check out some of the cars?” asked Mrs. Hill.
Cole smirked and came to stand in front of us, the dark haired boy staying behind.

“ok then, follow me.” he said, smirk still plastered to his face.

My brothers followed him out the doors. I followed slowly behind. The dark haired boy close behind me. I could hear his low breathing. His heart beat was irregular. He was anxious.

Vampires have awesome hearing. Half vampires are lucky to get that. My brothers and I had all inherited it. But as I listened, it seemed to be a little……forced, kind of like it didn’t need to be done.

But that was silly, he was just a boy.

But I listened once more, he had fallen back slightly as my brothers followed Cole, who was still smirking I might add! The boy, Kaden’s heartbeat was still loud enough for me to hear, it wasn’t faint and irregular anymore, but strong and steady.
‘huh? How did he do that?’ I thought to myself. Then I felt a tugging in my mind. I gasped, he’s a vampire.

I turned in instant and came to a slight crooked smirk. It looked cool in a way. But a smirk nonetheless.

I prefer to be the one with the smirk not the one seeing them.

“what?” I asked crossing my arms. Playing coy, but my mind was reeling. If he really was then I would have to mask myself.

His smirk stayed there. His arms crossed over his clad in black chest. “well I never thought I’d meet another half breed, took me a moment to figure out you weren’t full blooded. that’s why I hid my heartbeat. Nice to have another around.” his deep voice said in a smooth monotone. His smirk turning to s small smile.

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and kept my cool. But on the inside I was growling in defense. I waited for a moment then studied him. His green eyes penetrating.

He did seem the type, but with these days you never know. Plus there wasn’t that many hybrids now a days. They were killed off by our higher power. They seemed to think that we would dominate the original vampires.

Kaden waited patiently for me to speak. But I continued to study him.

He had long black hair, covering his eyes. He seemed to have a lot more in common with the original vampires than most of us half breeds. He had a strong build, his skin was pale just like mine but had a slight bit more glow.

I looked up to his eyes and gasped internally. I could have sworn they were green a moment ago. They were now a piercing blue.

Then right before me, they went to a dark indigo.

Ah so he had that little power under control did he. Something I just couldn’t do at will. I had never been good with the whole body metamorphosis. Even the changing color of eyes, the simplest of tricks I couldn’t master.

They only seemed to change when I was angry or sad.

Finally Kaden spoke. “don’t be defensive, please. I have been dieing to find another of my kind. I mean I know some full bloods but, I want someone I can relate to. I knew you were a vampire by your amulet” he said smiling faintly while staring at the black outline of a wolf around my neck. The black diamonds incrusted in it glowed deep purple for a moment, then went back to normal.

“I also have sensing powers. I can feel when others are close by.” he said. His tone going to kindly.

I thought for a moment. “where do you come from?”

He laughed. “where do we all come from? Us half breeds were born.”

‘no! but how….’ I looked back at the small building where the adults were. “so then….your mom-”

He cut me off, staring back at the building himself. “no she isn’t my mother, though she has been like one. I was adopted. So was Cole.”

I felt slightly bad. “oh. that’s got to be rough.”

He shrugged. “well yea I guess so, when you find out that you’re a creature of the night without no one to talk to, yea I guess” he grinded his teeth together.

It was silent while I took this in. so I have just now met another half breed besides my brothers and myself. This was certainly unexpected.

“so, what about him?” I asked, glancing over to where the other boy stood with my brothers checking out a small sports car.

Kaden looked over and smirked. “yea, but he doesn’t have much inheritance of the full bloods. A slight bit of strength and speed, but not much talent.” he looked down at his shoes. “not like you and me.”

I stared at him for a moment. What did he mean?

“like me and you?” I asked. Eyebrows raised.

“yes, experienced and strong. You didn’t get the name Emery for nothing did you?” he asked.

I thought for a moment, then smiled. I mean, not trying to toot my horn or nothing but, I was strong.

“Cole was adopted a few weeks before I was born. He was two years old. And his mother was a wanted vampire. She had committed treachery against our higher power and was sentenced to be killed. She wasn’t very bright for a full blood. She left Cole on the doorstep of an abandoned farm where he laid for days unnoticed. When a human found him he was almost starved to death and had many sicknesses. But the man took him to a hospital where a vampire was stationed” he was lost in thought.

Our kind had many vampires stationed in human places. To make sure nothing slipped.

“the vampire took care of him till he was old enough to be adopted and took him to humans orphanage. The humans where well aware of vampire kind. So they were able to take care of him, feed him the right nutrients and make sure as he got older to hide his identity. And soon he was adopted by our ‘parents’ .” he said, using air quotes on the last word.

I nodded slightly, drinking it all in.

“so he never had someone to teach him what he is. I on the other hand, have had many foster families before I was adopted into this family at the age of six. And I was lucky enough to land it with a full blooded vampire.”

My eyes widened slightly. It was dangerous to be near a full blood. I mean our mom would never hurt us. She was our mom. But she told us always be wary of a strange full blood. They couldn’t be trusted.

“I learned from the best. But anyways how about you? I mean I’ve never met another one of our kind.” he smiled eagerly.

I laughed lightly, trying to cram everything in my brain.

“well I am a half breed, so are my brothers and my moms a full blood. don’t worry she wont kill your humans.”

He laughed. “I believe you. She seemed to be more human like. Continue.”

I sighed, dropping my firm stand. “well, we just moved here, my mother cant stay in one place for too long. Uh, I am going to that hell hole they call a school. And life sucks. Literally.” I said with sarcasm in my tone.

Kaden laughed, tensing down from his stance as well. “that’s what I said. I think its beyond pointless for us to attend schools. We are creatures of the night for bats sake.” he laughed at his own joke.

I laughed with him. Well he did seem ok. But I wasn’t ready to trust him. And I think he wasn’t either. His eyes were still wary like mine.

“I think I might like it here a lot better.” he said, then his face turned serious. “wasn’t I supposed to help you with looking for a car?” he asked.

“oh uh, I guess yea.” I said.

He nodded and stood tall, then fixed his shirt. He stuck up his nose and turned all serious. “this way ma’am, I will show you our finest collection.”

I burst out laughing. “what the hell?”

He smirked lightly, then looked hurt and acted as if he was repulsed by me. “my dear, what ever do you mean?”

This made me laugh harder. “dude. You are even more weird then the people at school.”

He laughed. Then pulled me off to look at some cars.

After a good half an hour, I picked the one I wanted. It was a nineteen ninety-five Comaro. It was a sleek black with deep purple splashes around the body. It was amazing. It had t top sunroofs and well, lets just say I know some things about cars.

Kaden said that was one of his specialties, he had worked on most of the cars and installed new engines and details.

“oh this one has double nos tanks. I was saving this one for a daredevil” he said, looking at me from outside the window. I was busy staring at the beautiful black leather seats, and turning on some loud rock station. The duel sound system was awesome.
I then beamed up at him. “really? I love speed.” I looked around for the tanks and found them near the gear shift.

He laughed. “yea I figured. So you like it?”

“uh hell to the yea.” I said, “this baby is freaking rad!”

Kaden laughed again. “ok well I will go tell the others that your ready.” he smiled and took off at full vampiric speed.

I smiled and ran my fingers over the leather. Looking up at the dash board and realizing it was almost five. I remembered that Blaze had invited me to try out for the guys band.

I was going to do it. I had made up my mind.

I could friends if I was careful right?

And now I had a car I could have freedom with.

Maybe this place wouldn’t be so bad after all.

About an hour or so later I was in my new car and speeding down the main highway, a piece of paper with an address on it.

I had decided I was going to join his band, well if he thought I was good enough.

I scoffed and smirked. No way I wasn’t good enough. I looked over at my black and deep red electric guitar. It was one of my prized possessions.

I turned down a road off of the main highway and drove till I came to a small neighborhood, the medium sized houses cramped together.

I found the right address and pulled into a paved driveway of a white two story house. The one door garage opened. I saw blaze and the others in there with instruments set up, strobe lights going off and the music was loud. It sounded pretty good.

I got out of my car, grabbing my guitar case as I went and locked the doors. I walked over to where they were.

Knox smiled at me from behind the drum set. I smiled back. She seemed to keep eye contact longer than needed.

I studied her for a little longer than needed as well. Her pretty violet hair clashed with her hazel eyes. But in a good way. Her eyes looked so warm and inviting.

I shook my head to clear it, I needed to chill. She was human.

“ok ok kill it.” yelled Blaze. All of them stopped playing.

Blaze turned to me “hey so you decided to come fresh meat?” he laughed.

I smacked him playfully. “yes and I have a name.”

He laughed “ok well lets see what you got, Emery.” he put an emphases on my name.

I just shook my head and took out my guitar, gasps went around the garage.

“dude, I love your guitar” yelled Dev.

“dude that’s a freaking Gibson. Its like, limited.” said Knox.

I smiled. “paid eight hundred for it, details and all.”

“damn!” they all said together. I laughed.

“ok so which amp can I use?” I asked looking around at the many amps. Cords crossing every which way.

“any one you want.” said Blaze. “ok well, I was thinking you could play any song you like and if we know it we will join in, you play lead of course. Sing if you want.”

I nodded and plugged my guitar into an amp. I thought about which song I would play the best at. Then I smiled.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the band Skillet, but I loved the song Monster.

I began to play the intro. I looked back at them from my place at a mike, they smiled as they realized the song. Blaze and Mark began to play with me, and Knox began the beat on the drums.

I began to sing.

The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged but I cant control it
So stay away from me, the beast is ugly
I feel the rage and I just cant hold it.
Its scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls.
It comes awake and I cant control it.
Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head.
Why wont somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end.

I went into the chorus, Mark and Blaze playing guitar with me, Dev playing bass, Knox played the drums perfect, they sounded like freaking professionals.

I feel it deep within, its just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I’ve become, the nightmare has just begun.
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster, I, I feel like a monster.

We went into the second verse, it sounded amazing, and I was getting a huge rush as I sang and played.

My secret side I keep
hid under lock and key
I keep it caged but I can't control it
Cause if I let him out he'll tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this,
make it end

We went into the chorus once more.

I feel it deep within, its just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I’ve become, the nightmare has just begun.
I must confess that I feel like a monster

This song was ironic to me. Yes I did feel like a monster.
We went into the bridge and third verse.

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

It's hiding in the dark,
it's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me,
it wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream,
maybe it's just a dream
Maybe it's inside of me,
stop this monster

My fingers slid over the neck of the guitar. I knew the strings and frets well. We played the chorus twice more, and then ended with a loud wail from the guitars.

I smiled, as it went quiet and turned to the others, feeling smug.

Al of their faces held awe. Dev had drool hanging from his mouth. Lyric’s mouth was gaping. Knox’s eyes were bulging out of her head.

“dude, your freaking amazing!” said Mark.

“where the hell you learn to play?” asked Blaze.
“uh, I sort of taught myself. I mean I got a book on learning and I taught myself.” I said.

They stared at me.

“what??” I asked, crossing my arms.

Knox spook first. “dude, I tried that and I still cant play. I mean I understand chords and stuff, but I cant play for shiz.” she said in awe.

Wow. I didn’t know what to say.

Blaze shook his head slightly, as if to clear it, then walked over to me. “well, damn girl, your in. not a bad set of pipes either. We could use another vocalist too.”

I smiled. “thanks, I didn’t think I would actually make anything out of this move.” I was surprised with myself.

“ok well uh, lets go up and make some copies of our songs and lyrics.” said Blaze, putting his guitar down. The others standing as well and unplugging the amps.

I grabbed my guitar and unplugged it as well and put it back in its case. Then followed them into the side door in the garage.

It led into a nice big kitchen, that led off into a den to the right. Straight ahead was a small dinning room. Then to the left was a hall, this led to a small front room, a set of stairs was to the left of the front door.

Blaze led all of us up the stairs and right down a hall, at the very end he opened a door, which led to a huge black and red colored room.

I guessed this was blazes room. It had a large bed against the right wall, a large window over the bed. Then on the left side was large black wood desk, a computer, a printer and many papers sat on it. A large flat screen was on the back wall surrounded by posters and large speakers.

His room was pretty clean for a boy.

“ok, so we practice every Tuesday and Thursday, sometimes Saturdays. But not always. If you cant do those days its ok, we can adjust it.” said blaze sitting down at the desk. The others sat down on the bed, Knox grabbed a remote and began to channel surf.

“no those days are good with me.” I said. Going over to sit beside Knox. She turned to me and smiled a toothy grin.

“you know now that your in the band, we have to find a nickname for you.” she said.

I grimaced, I wasn’t sure I was into the whole nickname thing.

“oh come on, their fun. Plus no one has to know your real name. please! Please!” she pleaded grabbing my hands.

I looked at our hands, her hands were so small compared to mine. But they had a strong grip on mine.

I smiled, giving in. that look was too much to resist.

She giggled and squealed, hugging me. “ok lets think, whats a good name for you. Do you have any nicknames already?” she asked.

I bit my lip. Yes I did. Shadow, my fighting name. but I didn’t know if I should tell her. I decided not.

I shook my head. She scrunched her face into thought. It was sort of cute.

“hmmm well your name is Emery, what does that stand for?” she asked.

“strength.” I said. I smiled proudly.

Then she gasped and smiled. “I know, how about knight?” she asked.

I thought for a minute, then smiled “I like it.”

She smiled proudly. “good. So hey guys” the others turned to look at her. “Emery’s nickname is Knight.”
They smiled.

“awesome. Fits you.” said dev.

“thanks.” I smiled, but unsure. If they only knew I wasn’t a hero

Blaze turned in his computer chair and handed me a bunch of papers. “these are our latest songs. We write our own songs. if you want you can write some. Always open to new stuff.” he said.

“thanks, this is going to be fun.” I said.

Well, I guess it was time for some change.

Change couldn’t hurt. Could it?

………………………

Trinetta’s P.O.V.

After getting home, I walked up to my large three story house. I hesitated, wiping the tears away. I didn’t want to go in. I hated how my parents would pester me about school work. How perfect everything had to be.

Its not that didn’t love my parents. Its just, they were so hard on me. Always telling me that things had to be absolutely perfect. It was so much pressure, I could barely stand it. And oh god help me when I did something wrong.

My father would kill me. He took every bit of my self confidence from me.

“oh Trinetta you are so stupid, whats wrong with you. Your never going to get into Harvard like this.” he would say.

My mother wouldn’t say anything. She would use the silent treatment on me. Like I wasn’t good enough to talk to.

It hurt so bad. I would cry myself to sleep.

I sighed and walked up the stone steps and into the house. My mom would be home. My dad was almost always at work. He was a lawyer. He wanted me to become one with him.

And eventually become partner. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to. But I didn’t have a choice.

I walked straight to the stairs, not wanting a conversation. My house was classic, it had a white and grey sort of theme. The outside had light grey paint and the inside was white. The hardwood floor was a light hazel color.

I quietly made my way up the stairs and down the hall to my room.

It was a light green and blue theme. Like a garden. My bed was small, it sat in the corner of my room. There was a white desk to the left, my computer sat on top with everything around it neat and clean.

I had a large flat screen sitting on the white entertainment center which was to my right. A white dresser sat between my two windows with all my hair and make up products on top.

My room was very clean. My closet was open with my clothes tidy and color categorized. My white bathroom door open, it was spotless.

Everything was perfect. The way it was supposed to be with me.

I wasn’t allowed anything else. This was expected of me.

I sighed and put my book bag down by my closet and went to my television and turned on my favorite show, CSI.

I went to my closet and grabbed a change of clothes and went to take a soothing shower.

As the water ran down my body, I thought about today.

Something had me thinking of the new girl, Emery. She wasn’t the kind of girl I usually was expected to hang out with. My friends had been badgering me all day as to why I had talked to her.
I mean what was the problem, was I not supposed to talk to her?

And if my parents had seen her, they would have scrunched up their noses. My parents were very judgmental.

My mind went back to thinking about her. I remembered when I ran into her, I had been trying to get my AP government paper in before first class. I didn’t want it to be late.

I remembered slamming into what felt like a brick wall. Then standing and looking into a pair of mesmerizing purple eyes.

Wait what did I just say? This is a girl I’m talking about.

I turned off the water and grabbed my towel from the hook beside the shower. Then stepped out.

I dried quickly and then dressed. I dried my hair. Then walked out of my bathroom and grabbed my book bag.

I had to do my homework before my dad got home. He always had to check over my work.

Its just how perfect he wants it. If it was even in messy writing he would make me do it over again.

It took me only an hour to finish my homework. Then when I was done I laid back on my bed.

Looking at the ceiling, those eyes popped in front of my face again. Why couldn’t I get her out of my head?

I decided it was just curiosity. She was pretty mysterious.

She was pretty quiet. Though when she insulted Mr. Burner, it made me think she was a little rude.

But she seemed to care when I mentioned that school was a vacation for me.

But I didn’t want to show my weakness. I was a weak person physically, but I was expected by everyone to be mentally strong.

But then I remembered in the school parking lot, she saw my tears. And when she looked at me, it almost seemed as if……..she wanted to comfort me.

I thought more. Then I decided.

Stood and went to the computer, then went to the schools website, then to the schools roster.

I went to the search bar, and typed in,

Emery Carpathia.
I clicked on her name.

I had decided to become her new best friend. I was going to find out who she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
yea this oes long too. but hey i hope to get chapter six up soon and also i might include some links for pics of the characters.