Magic Can Do Wonders

Awaken You Fiend!

Toad P.O.V

_________________________________

I heard a thump and the clatter of metal and then everything went sideways. I twitched and found I could now reach the opening of the pouch. I was nervous, she had screamed and now everything was still. By the noise, I could tell we were in the elevator.

What in the world was she doing in the elevator?! I made a shnuck sound (it sounded like 'shnuck') and nudged at the opening with my toad nose. I squirmed through the opening and almost fell down onto the ground.

I settled on her hip, she was laying on her side. Examining my surroundings, I found that the ceiling panel had been removed. I made a grunt of fear (remember, I'm a toad with little noise making capabilities) and hopped uneasily up her side to her head.

I croaked and nearly fainted when I saw the pool of blood beginning to form. 'Ok, ok' i thought to myself, looking around for a way down. 'I'm small, so that puddle couldn't be that big. I took a risk and jumped off her shoulder to the ground. I landed with a thump and my head went spinning.

Shaking my head, I turned to the girls head. She had landed on the metal panel and hit her head on one of the corners. I hopped forward to get a closer look and gave a sigh of relief. It was only a small scratch on the spot below her ear. The fall must have made her unconscious.

Thinking quickly, I hopped back to her side and tore a piece of cloth from the hem of her dark blue tunic and pulled a strand of the wool out. Clipping the wool off with a snap, I hurriedly hopped back to her head and pressed the cloth to the scratch to stop the bleeding.

I held the string in my mouth and tied one end around her ear. I pulled it gently acroos the cloth to keep it in place and hopped around her head to pull it under her chin to her other ear. I tied it off and went back to examine my work. I noticed her skin was softly tinted with a light shade of blue, unlike my tanned skin. I shook my head clear of the thought and looked back at the crude bandage.

It only pressed in a line so I quickly extracted a few more strings and tied all around her head to keep it secure. I couldn't think of anything better to do, being a small toad. I sat for a moment trying to figure out how to wake her up. I mean, who knows how long I'll be a toad? and what if she doesn't wake up? I'll be a toad forever!

I tried first yelling at her, hoping she woud wake up. "ELLO!!!!! WAKEY UP SLEEPY HEAD!!! argh....I really don't like being a toad...AWAKEN YOU FIEND!!!!" I growled and pounded my head with a paw. All I could hear was her soft breathing. Then I got an idea, what did she have in those bags?

I bounded to her belt and began looking through her pouches for something familiar. I found something in the third pouch and carefully took out a small crisp leaf. I carefully crossed back to her head and pinched my nose with one paw and crunched the leaf under her nose with the other.

The medical herb worked immediately. Her eyes flew open and she began to gag. She pulled her hands up and leaned on and elbow, catching her breath and sweeping the other hand under her nose to brush away the leaf crumbs. She coughed a few more times before noticing me.

She tried to talk, but the strings I had wrapped around her head did a good job and held her jaw shut. A look of confusion crossed her face and she brought up a hand to pull at the strings strapped to her head.

I croaked in protest and waved my arms at her.

Girls P.O.V

________________________________

I tugged at the string under my chin and ignored the toads frantic waving. The string broke and I felt a pain on the side of my head. Blinking, I sat up and gingerly touched my head, wincing when it met the painful stickiness. I pulled my hand away and blinked a few more times at the sight of the blood. I closed my eyes and breathed in a few deep breaths. Then, now calm, I opened my eyes and looked through my belt pouches. Toad-boy was very distracting. I had to brush him aside several times as I pulled out different things from my belt. Soon, I had all that I needed and quickly mumbled a few more words, placing my hand on my wound, which I had covered in a smooth cream like substance that had come from a purple bottle in my medicinal pouch. Instantly, the pain was gone and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Toad-boy huffed and waved his little toady arms around, obviously exhausted. Grinning, I picked him up and put him back in his bag, standing and checking out my surroundings. The box had stopped moving, which was a relief. The big doors were open and a chime was ringing. Cautiously, I stepped out and my eyes locked on to the really big doors at the end of this hallway. Obviously, they were some sort of entrance. Or exit. I rushed down the hall, eager to be rid of this world for awhile at last! I pushed open the doors and breathed in the fresh foreign air that was needed for the spell I was going to use. Still smiling, I pulled out a very small bag from a hidden pouch in my cloak. Carefully, I opened it and took in a small breath of the powdery mist substance inside.

Closing the bag and putting it away, I held my breath while I remembered the words to the spell. Quickly, I exhaled the mist, speaking the words so fast that they wouldn't make letters even if they were written. The mist curled into the air and swallowed its end, creating a small blackish purple hole in the air. It wobbled and rippled, expanding in the air, the last words flying past my lips. A crackle of light shot across the surface of the portal and it stopped growing, finally a large black doorway, streaks of blue and purple floating through it.

Gasping for breath, I straightened out my clothing and patted Toad-boy's bag before taking the step forward into the abyss.
♠ ♠ ♠
G.I. JOE! I have taken an extremely long break...but, here it is