I'm Married To You?!

You Helped Me?

"What?" I looked at him as confused as ever. "I don't hate you," he repeated.
I held up my hand for him to stop. "Wait, you don't hate me? Then why..."
"Was I such an ass?" He finished for me and I nodded. "Gee thanks, I love you too." He said sarcastically.
"1. You said it. And 2. You have to, you're married to me." I said holding up two fingers.
He shrugged. "I don't have to." Jake said and my shoulders slumped slightly and I looked down at my hands in my lap. He chuckled. "You're a very depressed munchkin aren't you?" He asked and chuckled. We sat in silence which he had probably thought would have been filled with a laugh or two, but wasn't.
"Am I really that bad?" I asked finally, and looked up at him. His eyebrow raised in a questioning look. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "Everyone always says no one cares about me because I'm annoying and bitchy. Am I really that bad?" I asked again.
He was quiet and his mouth opened and closed while trying to form words. "Maybe we should get some sleep." He said finally and got up. I watched as he went into the bathroom to change and my heart dropped. "I'm really that bad?" I whispered to myself and bit my trembling lip. I laid back down, pulled the blanket over my head, squeezed my eyes shut, and wished to die.

Waking Up~

My eyes opened slowly and I felt an arm around my waist. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jake asleep. I remembered our conversation last night and sighed. I put my hand over his and slightly squeezed. I closed my eyes and moved closer to his chest. I felt his other arm wrapp around me and I gasped and looked over my shoulder. He smiled at me. "Caught you." He said and I blushed. Jake smiled and tightened his arms aound me, pulling me closer. I whimpered when my shoulder flared and his grip loosened. "Sorry, where does it hurt?" He asked. I lifted my hand and lightly touched my shoulder. I winced and Jake took my hand away from the long cut and surprised me by kissing the cut. "All better." He said in a kid voice. I smiled and blushed. "Y...yah." We laughed. The doorbell rang and my smile faded quickly.
Jake stood up and walked out the door and I listened as he went down the stairs. Soon I quietly walked downstairs and watched him open the door. My dad stepped in and I slowly sat on the step hiding behind the railing bars like a scared little girl.
J-Hello, Mr. Brooks. It's kind of early don't you think?
D-I need to teach my daughter another lesson.
My dad started toward the stairs and I shook my head. Jake was going to let him hurt me again? My dad was closing the distance between us and I looked at Jake in desperation. Tear after tear splashed onto my cheeks and watched my dad smile wickedly down at me. "Mr. Brooks." Jake said finally and my dad stopped and turned to look at him. "You have to leave." Jake said and stepped up to my dad. Jake was maybe five inches taller but that didn't fase my dad.
My dad turned back toward me and I lifted myself onto the step behind me. "Leave," Jake said but my dad just reached for me. I closed my eyes and curled up in a ball like I usually would do. "I said, leave!" Jake yelled and then a few seconds later the door slammed shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe or Comment if you've heard A World So Cold by Mudvayne :)