Status: new! ;; in progress.

Do Something Crazy

Nineteen.

I locked myself in the bathroom, sitting on the floor with my knees pulled to my chest. I held my phone tightly, texting Tori.

Can you tell Vinny to come up here? I need to talk to him.

Alright. Smile.

:|

Schmuck.

I sighed, putting my phone on the sink counter as I heard a knock at the door. "Come in." Vinny walked in slowly, confused.

"Hey." He sat beside me.

"Were you drunk last night?" I asked bluntly.

"Uh," he started, "kinda, yeah. Why?"

"Do you remember anything?" He paused.

"Not everything."

"Vinny, you told me you loved me last night." I said quietly. He froze. "Did you mean it?"

"Bri..." He trailed off. "I do love you. And I'd smush you any day of the year. You're gorgeous but..."

"You don't love me that way?"

"No." He looked at me worriedly. I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure." I smiled.

"I, uhm, kinda have feelings for, uh..." He mumbled the rest.

"Who?"

"Nicole." He said quickly. My eyes widened.

"REALLY?!" I squealed, grinning. "Snooks?!"

"Shut up, shut up." He hissed, shoving me. "She doesn't know yet."

"She will now." I stood, rushing out of the room.

"No, Bri!" He chased after me as I ran downstairs.

"Snooki, Snooki!" I yelled, searching for her. I found her in the living room. She looked up at me, confused.

"What?" I opened my mouth to speak but was knocked over from behind.

"Shut up!" Vinny covered my mouth. I crawled toward the couch Snooks was on, yelling behind his hand. I bit him and he pulled away. "Ow!"

"Vinny has something to tell you!"

"Uhm...?" I wormed away from underneath him, standing. He scrambled onto the couch next to her. "What, Vinny?"

"Uh..." He stuttered. "Wanna, uh, go on a date with me?" She blinked, surprised.

"Yeah. I'd love to." She smiled brightly.

"Awww!" Tori and Jenni squealed.

"About time." Mike said.

"Seriously." Ronnie, at Tori's side, agreed. I looked around the room.

"Where's Pauly?" I asked.

"He ran somewhere. Literally, booked it outside and in his car."

"He didn't say where he was going?"

"No." I sighed, sitting down beside Tori.

"You okay, love?"

"I'm fine." I leaned my head back, closing my eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?" I hesitated.

"Later, alone."

"Okie dokie artichokie." I heard Ronnie's booming laugh and Tori's giggle. Agh. They're so cute. And now Vinny and Snooks are going on a date. Mike's happy with all the sluts he brings home. (But you know, secretly, I think he wants a girlfriend and to settle down or something, but I know he'd never admit it.) Jenni's still with her boyfriend and Pauly...

Sigh.

I looked to the door as it slammed open. Pauly stood there breathless, looking at me with a smile. I blinked repeatedly.

"Stand up." He said, walking inside.

"Where'd you go?" Ronnie asked but didn't get an answer. I stood in front of him. He grinned brightly, his eyes squinty as he took my left hand. Oh no.

"No." I whispered, shaking my head.

"Yes."

"Not here." I blushed furiously. He held something behid his back as he lowered himself onto his knee, not breaking our eye contact. I heard the girl's gasps around the room and the guys were silent, shocked, watching.

"Brianna," he began, "I've loved you since the day we met. Since I was a kid, I knew you were the one for me. I love you more than anything and I can't live without you." He opened a small box, revealing a sparkling ring. I covered my mouth, tears filling my eyes. "I can't do it anymore. No more games." My tears fell. "Will you be marry me? Will you finally be mine?" Suddenly, it was only us. No one else was there. We were completely alone. My feelings exploded and I realized I was utterly and completely in love with my best friend. I let a sob escape as I nodded.

"Yes." I fell in front of him, throwing my arms around him. Tori was the first to react.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD." She screamed, tackling us. Jenni and Snooks followed, then the guys and now I'm being squashed by a pile of idiots and my fiancee.

Fiancee.

Brianna DelVecchio, huh?

That's different. But I guess I can live with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
:B