Status: new! ;; in progress.

Do Something Crazy

Nine.

As I expected, Tori was upset the next morning. She had slept in and missed breakfast and when I offered to make her some, she refused. She sat on the couch, staring blankly at the TV, her “I'm thinking leave me the fuck alone” face on. I didn't bother her, but the guys tried to every now and then (you know, besides the asshole – I mean, Mike). They liked Tori, I could tell, and they wanted her to be happy. I felt bad but I knew giving her space was the best way.

On the other hand, doing something nice for her could help.

“Tori,” I sang, dancing toward her, “I have something for you.” Her eyes drifted in my direction.

“Hm?”

“Corn muffins!” I held them out, grinning brightly at her as her eyes sparkled slightly. “Fresh from the oven, just for you, babe.”

“Thanks, Bri.” She stood. She went to grab one but I stepped back.

“No, no, not until I get a smile.” She rolled her eyes.

“Fine.” She forced the corners of her mouth up. “Happy?”

“You call that a smile? I call that a twitch. Try again.” She laughed, shaking her head. “There we go. Enjoy, my love.” I handed her the whole tray, skipping into the dining room. Pauly sat at the table with a bowl of cereal in front of him. That schmuck just ate breakfast, how is he still eating? Yeesh, he's just like Tori. A black hole. “Hi, Pauly.” I sat on his lap, flashing him a smile. He returned it.

“Hey.”

“Where's Mike?”

“Dunno.” He shrugged. “Sleepin, maybe.”

“He doesn't go to sleep after he eats.” I stated. “I haven't seen him. I think he's hiding from me. Although, I have no idea why.” He cocked an eyebrow at me.

“What did you do?”

“I didn't do anything. What makes you think I did something?”

“Bri...”

“I didn't!”

“Bri...”

“Stop saying my name like that, Pauly.”

“...Bri.”

“He fucked Tori, okay?” I hissed. “And then he fucked that slut and ugh, I'm gonna fucking kill him!”

“Didn't you warn her not to get involved with them?” He asked.

“Of course I did! But she's Tori, hello, she doesn't listen. Especially not when gorgeous guys are involved!”

“You think I'm gorgeous?” He gave me a pearly white grin. I rolled my eyes.

“No. Everyone else is. Besides you.”

“That's not nice.”

“Truth hurts, eh?”

“Well I think you're beautiful.” I stopped, staring at him in surprise.

“Really?”

“'Course.” He mumbled, nodding.

“Aw, Pauly!” I grinned.

“Shaddup. Don't get all girly on me.”

“You're so sweet!” I hugged him, knocking him backwards off his seat. “Gahh! I love you!”

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too. Now get offa me.”

“No way! You cute patootie! I love you!” He grumbled underneath me as I beamed down at him. “And how long have you thought I was beautiful, eh?” He rolled his eyes, sitting up, pushing me into his lap again.

“Since you turned into a girl.” He answered, arms around me.

“Since I...what?” I blinked, staring at him in confusion.

“You was such a tomboy as a kid.” He said.

“I know that.”

“When you turned like...16, you started wearing girly clothes and shit.”

“So I was an ugly kid.”

“That's not what I meant.” He shook his head. “You were always like my best friend until then. But then you turned into a girl and...”

“And?” My head tilted slightly.
“I dunno. Things changed.”

“So you're saying I'm not your best friend?”

“That's not...ugh, I don't know.” He ran a hand through his non-spiked hair and sighed. “It's hard to explain.” I frowned.

“Well try to.”

“No. Just forget it.” He pushed me off him and stood. I quickly grabbed his arm and stood up, turning him to face me.

“No, Pauly. Tell me what you mean.”

“It's not important.”

“Liar.” I bit my lip. “I know you. I know when you lie. Tell me.”

“When you turned 16,” he said after a moment, “you weren't the little girl anymore, you know? You were growin' up and I didn't like it. I still don't.” He paused. “I don't like havin' to compete with other guys. Like Vinny. I always thought that we...”

“We what?” I swallowed as he looked up, catching my eyes.

“That we'd end up together.” He spoke quietly.“But then you just...turned into this.” He gestured to my body. “This beautiful, hot woman and I don't like it cause now other guy's want you and I don't know if you'll ever want me.” I stared in shock. What? What?

“Pauly...” I whispered. “How long have you felt like this?”

“How long do you think?” He frowned.

“Why didn't you say anything?”

“Why should I? I was always the best friend, the shoulder to cry on, not the guy you'd fall in love with.”

“But you could be.” I said. “You never asked how I felt!”

“You went through guys like crazy! It was obvious you didn't want me!”

“How many girls have you fucked, Pauly?! It was obvious you never wanted me!”

“I've always wanted you!” He snapped. “Ever since the day we fucking met!” My breath caught in my throat as he moved closer, his hand finding my face.

“P-Pauly...” I trailed off, staring up at him with parted lips.

“Is it my turn yet?” He asked softly, thumb caressing my cheek as his lips brushed mine. Neither of us moved, too scared to take the next step. Our friendship would be on the line. Was it worth it?

“GUYS!” Someone in the house screamed. “TIME FOR WORK. PAULY, SNOOKS, GET YOUR ASSES MOVING!”

And just like that, the moment was over and Pauly was gone.

What just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SHIT WHATTTT SONNNN.

>XD