Status: Complete

Past Lives

47

Midnight shifts suck. It always seems like the worst medical cases happen overnight.

Not to mention you are on different schedules than everyone else in your life.

And of course, as I am pulling into the driveway, Brooks is walking out the front door.

“Hey babe, I will be home after practice. Get some sleep.” He said as he gave me a kiss and got into his car.

I sighed and walked into the house. It was eerily quiet. I walked up the stairs past Jamie’s room, excepting to see her, but only to be greeted by an empty room.

What the fuck.

I haven’t seen or heard from Jamie since after game one when I had start this hellish week of midnight shifts. I can only imagine Craig having her held prisoner in his house; enjoying all the sexual pleasures he is putting her through.

I laughed as I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed. The next thing I knew, I was being woken up by wet, sloppy kisses all over my face.

“Tyson, enough with the kisses you are suppose to let her sleep.” Brooks laughed.

I opened my eyes to see Brooks’ Jack Russell terrier sitting on my stomach wagging his tail. I rolled my eyes and picked him off of me as I sat up.

“How was practice?”

“Good.” He said as he leaned against the doorframe. “How was your nap?”

I rolled my eyes. “Short. Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the game tonight?”

“I’ll take a nap here in a bit. You should start packing.” He said as he walked to his closet.

I looked at him skeptically. “Packing?”

He pulled a few suits out and nodded. “Yeah for the road trip to Philly for games three and four?”

I bit my lip. “Brooks, I can’t go.”

He stopped and stared at me with a blank expression. “What do you mean you can’t go?”

“I work midnights until at least Wednesday.”

“Call off.” He said nonchalantly as he put his suits in a garment bag.

I laughed. “Are you nuts? That is my job!”

“But I need you at the games!”

I rolled my eyes. “You don’t need me there Brooks. My job is important to me. You cannot expect me to just drop everything and follow you all the time. Besides it is one road trip. The team will be fine. Besides, Jamie will probably be there, considering I don’t see her missing any games.”

“It.. it just isn’t the same.” He walked over to me and took my hands. “It isn’t you.”

I smiled and looked up at him. “I promise that after you kicked Philly’s ass, I will be at every game, home and away, until you win the cup.”

He laughed and shook his head. “Don’t jinx it now. That would not be a good thing.”

I shrugged and look at his bag. “So do you forgive me?”

He jokingly sighed. “I suppose. But you could make it up to me.”

Before I could ask, I was on the bed indulging in some of my own sexual pleasures.

---

Jamie walked in the door as Brooks left for the arena to prepare for the game. I gave her an all-knowing smile.

“Okay fine. I know you know. But rest assure, the past two days has been pure bliss. Craig is.. beyond amazing.”

I held up my hand. “Okay, I really don’t need any details or I might puke.” I followed her upstairs so she could get ready. “Are you going to Philly tomorrow with them?”

“Ummm… yeah. Why? Aren’t you?” She asked as she rummaged through her drawers.
I sat on her bed and picked at the design on her comforter. “I can’t. I am on the schedule for stupid midnights for the next five days.”

“Ouch. And how did Brooks take it?”

“Pissed, but he got over it.” I said smiling.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I can pretty much guess how you won that argument. Tsk tsk Ads, taking advantage of your man’s sexual needs to win arguments.”

“Well, what can I say? I learned from the best.”