Lucky

Introduction

It was another early morning. Six thirty A.M. wake ups were simply routine for me. Wake up, stretch, perform regular morning hygiene routine, get dressed, eat breakfast, go for a jog, come back, repeat hygiene routine, and drive to work depending on the time I was needed. That was my day in a nutshell.

To many though, my life probably ran like the exaggerated fake examples of high life shown on their televisions. Life as an A list actor was never peaches and cream. Even we were human. Yet the general public never sees that and any person high up in the public eye would not want them to see it either. So many of us lived secret lives almost. Some of us enjoyed it, some of us did not. I did not.

I was sprawled on my couch. I wasn’t due on set until noon and I had no interviews to do. It felt good to be doing something normal. Honestly nothing could go wrong when I was on that couch. It wasn’t expensive or specially made for me. It wasn’t made of the finest leather or cashmere. It was actually the couch from my childhood home. If there was one thing I wanted to keep in my life it was my childhood and normalcy. Anything else I could have cared less about.

When you have the world at your fingertips you can’t help but feel alone. No one else was there with you because they were all trying to serve you. The downfall of being well known is what I named this principle. Ever since my big break all I had ever felt was alone. I was grateful that finally I was getting somewhere with my career, but as soon as my name was known, people I knew either began to serve me or feel as if they were below me. Those people eventually left, leaving me truly alone. Now my only friends were other known actors, my mother and my brother.

My eyes flitted to the clock on above my television. Two hours until I had to be on set. Two hours until I had to go out and face the world as Mikey Way, the luckiest man alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the intro. Chapter one will be up soon!